Denizens of Bolly Vs Denizens of telly - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

I have always wondered..Some of the soaps dished up are so non-sensical, retrogressive and hackneyed...

yet we follow the story with unfathomable zest,worship the stars😉😈,love them to death,waste alot of time singing their praises and swooning over their "performances",and having been a part of this mania not so long ago😆 ,it beats me NOW😕

So,my question is..Are the television actos and television per se overrated...Are they really all that😕...Can the Eijaz's and the Iqbal's and the Ram's and the Hiten's be put in the same league as Aamir,Hrithik and SRK......

Can the Tulsis ,Parvathis ,Kashishs and the Kripas be compared to the Likes of Madhuri , Sridevi  and Rani in terms of acting and looks( a la Ash)......Are they really ALLLLLL that😕,or are they plain overhyped and touted as "Hot,Sexy,Steamy,Sensuous,Rocking blah blah"

Can these actors or lets put it this way....Are these actors of that calibre that they can give the Hrithik's and the Abhishek's a run for their money😛(As I read the cliche"he mustttttttt be in bollywood yaar...He's too good and soooooooooooo Hawwwwwwtttttttt😆😕...or she must be in bollywood" practically everyday)...Or are the fans blinded by the fancraze that they find their favourites to be GR8,Fabulous,Awesome,BYOOOOOTIFUL,HOTTTTTTTTT(and the other hyperboles that we get to read everyday😆) ....Yes,its all in the eye of the beholder,but In general,is INDIAN tellywood and its denizens overrated❓...

Or,in your opinion,are there any Jeniffer Anistons in Indian tube who really deserves more than just being stuck in a rut😛

and BTW,is this topic allowed in the first place bindi ji😉

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
yes, buffie this is a good debate topic so in Debate Mansion it's totally appropriate. I don't know why you have to ask me for that? 😉

Originally posted by sowmyaa

yes, buffie this is a good debate topic so in Debate Mansion it's totally appropriate. I don't know why you have to ask me for that? 😉

you really dont😉...Umm,chalo😆,if you say so😆🤗

Ok this is my personal opinion, but I think this is like comparing apples to oranges. TV industry, drama industry and bollywood/film industry are three different things. Shahrukh, Hritik does not work on small screen, while Hiten, and others don't work in bollywood. Yes, when you compare Apurva Agnihotri in Pardes with Shahrukh Khan in Pardes it makes sense, or if you compared Shahrukh in Fauji and Hiten in some other show it makes sense, but other than that I think they are totally different platform. It is like comparing 3 doctors, one is OBG, one is Pediatric and one is internal health physician. They are all doctors, but you can't say this one is better than other they all have different group of patients.

However, putting actor/actress be it from film industry or small screen I really don't think they should be put on pedestal. They have some talent in them and I think we all have talent in ourselves in some or other profession or other way. Just 'coz they look better, they earn more or less than me, or they dance better than xyz does not make them better than any layman for sure.

Also, one abstract from your post- "Can these actors or lets put it this way....Are these actors of that calibre that they can give the Hrithik's and the Abhishek's a run for their money (As I read the cliche"he mustttttttt be in bollywood yaar...He's too good and soooooooooooo Hawwwwwwtttttttt...or she must be in bollywood" practically everyday)"
Now Money—Well I don't think any tv show would pay them as much any bollywood star would be paid. Calibre, I don't think so either. If they had that caliber they would have been in bollywood by now 😆 Also, by audience saying that he is so hot or good he cannot get into bollywood. He has to prove himself to get there. But for their audience that small screen actor could be too good. It's like in my world Abhishek is awesome but in someone else's world Hiten could be awesome

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Ok this is my personal opinion, but I think this is like comparing apples to oranges. TV industry, drama industry and bollywood/film industry are three different things. Shahrukh, Hritik does not work on small screen, while Hiten, and others don't work in bollywood. Yes, when you compare Apurva Agnihotri in Pardes with Shahrukh Khan in Pardes it makes sense, or if you compared Shahrukh in Fauji and Hiten in some other show it makes sense, but other than that I think they are totally different platform. It is like comparing 3 doctors, one is OBG, one is Pediatric and one is internal health physician. They are all doctors, but you can't say this one is better than other they all have different group of patients.

Well CHOW,most of these television actors harbour Bollywood dreams...Most of them(heck,infact all) want to work in films..Some vociferously voice their desires( a la Manish Goyal,Arjun Punjj,Mona Singh,Karan Wahi etc),and some perhaps do not say it,but everyone's final destination happens to be Bollywood

So,Dont you think Its fair to compare them then..because after all,they are vying with the bollywood stars for roles😉...Thus,for these people to be in bollywood and work in A grade films opposite the top actors,shouldnt they be on the ball.....

Like it is difficult to name an actor of television who has all the pre requisites...One might be a great actor,but then one does not have the looks,someone might have the looks,but might not be a good actor(a la Eijaz..Just my opinion😳 that his emoting isnt all that)...and some might have just everything,but wouldnt have a mentor/godfather....

Originally posted by Buffie

I have always wondered..Some of the soaps dished up are so non-sensical, retrogressive and hackneyed...yes; the stories are pathetic and soooo predictable..and i know of at leat one show where each of the main protagonist has had or will have a tumour; i mean cant the creative heads think of a different track; heck a different disease;

yet we follow the story with unfathomable zest,worship the stars😉😈,hmmmm worship--*remembers ""maurya re--the song from DON" and is ROFL LMAOOOOO"*love them to death,plllleaaasseeeee nush--i cant believe we used to b soooooooooooooo dumb🤢waste alot of time singing their praises and swooning over their "performances",and having been a part of this mania not so long ago😆 ,it beats me NOW😕yes how could we be soooooo madddddd; what was wrong with us--had all the handsome guys on earth disappeared that we had to fall for the most eeeewwwww tv actor know to humanity🤢🤢🤢

So,my question is..Are the television actos and television per se overrated...YES; i mean if they were soo good they wouldnt be on tv; they d have signed and given loads of super hits by nowAre they really all that😕...Can the Eijaz's he danced in Kuch Na Kahoo with ash and abhi and was unnoticed and no one other than his die-hard fans even remember his presence there; and that same eijaz won praises when he danced to right here right now at spa but in comparison to the original video he was nothing--now i am sure allll the eijaz fans will say that he and not abhi shuld be in the original--an argument that mkes nooo sense to me  and the Iqbal's ummmm has anyone even watched fun2sh and that other random movie he was in;i mean if he was soo good why did bwood reject him--sorry folks the term is rightfully: R_E_J_E_C_T and aside from the 3 iqbal-esque expressions and the 8478494 intvws about the saaaaaaaame thing what does he have again and the Ram's no comments as i respect the fact that at least he takes the time to be on IF and interact with his fans; doesnt give 4873289749732 intvws concerning the sameee thing; stayed on tv and the Hiten's i am sorry hiten fans but if i hear one more thing about his wife's weight loss and the rehearsals of NB despite having "daily soaps" i will go NUTTSSSSS😡as iffffff the 47878894 intvws i ve seen or heard are less🤢 be put in the same league as Aamir,Hrithik and SRK pleaseeeee why even bother comparing but then again there r ppl who say IQ is better than these three--i mean these three are NOT bwood rejects and that itself speaks for itself ......

Can the Tulsis ,Parvathis ,Kashishs and the Kripas be compared to the Likes of Madhuri , Sridevi  and Rani in terms of acting and looks( a la Ash)......Are they really ALLLLLL that😕ommgg ppl said a certain someone(no names but u know who i mean nush)looked like ash--i mean Ash is India's ambassador; ash is a L'oreal ambassador with hoardings all over the world; Ash is world known--its coz of Ash that when i travel,(ignorant) ppl ask me "if I originate from the same country as Aishwarya Rai; Bwood and chicken tikka--yes in that order i promise you--and then here is this person who puts on fake lenses and desires to be ash--; when one meets Ash; she is very approachable and down to earth but this other person shall pout and storm away despite being no where close to India's global ambassador--where is the comparison--it beats me,or are they plain overhyped and touted as "Hot,Sexy,Steamy,Sensuous,Rocking blah blah"

Can these actors or lets put it this way....Are these actors of that calibre that they can give the Hrithik's and the Abhishek's a run for their money😛(As I read the cliche"he mustttttttt be in bollywood yaar...He's too good and soooooooooooo Hawwwwwwtttttttt😆😕...or she must be in bollywood" practically everyday)well the fans might feel so BUT lets make D:2 with these actors and lets see if we even get a financer forget aproducer or a director and who mite i ask will pay money to watch these tv actors in place of abhi or HR--there is a reason that Bwood is reknown everywhere and IIFA has brought bwood even more global recognition but please tell me who internatioanlly and in the world as a whole cares about KAA or KYPH when one has Grey's Anatomy and desperate housewivesand commander in chief and Home Alone or Neighbours or East Enders to watch..not a great many ppl..BUT lots of ppl see the big B and ash at madame Tussauds ...Or are the fans blinded by the fancraze that they find their favourites to be GR8,Fabulous,Awesome,BYOOOOOTIFUL,HOTTTTTTTTT(and the other hyperboles that we get to read everyday😆) i dont think it can be called anything but fan craze..i mean someone has a back spasm on NB and makes it an issue of national concern and the fans still like him when they have the example of andre agassi who played at the us open without even mentioning his multiple injuries even once--its not like the NB actor danced for free now did he??😡....Yes,its all in the eye of the beholder,but In general,is  INDIAN tellywood and its denizens overrated❓...YES--

Or,in your opinion,are there any Jeniffer Anistons in Indian tube who really deserves more than just being stuck in a rut😛the movie business is a business and truthfully who would pay money to watch IQ in D 2 when they could watch HR--if ppl wuld pay for IQ he wouldnt have turned to tv and wuld be a bwood actor--sad but true; and mona singh wuld be in a madhur bhandarkar movie and be really starring opposite abhishek bachchan instead of being shown the door; she is no vidya balan--again sad but just the bitter truth

and BTW,is this topic allowed in the first place bindi ji😉

P.S i apologise to all i may have hurt as a result of my honest opinion; please do remember that at the end of the day we are each entitled to our opinions and opinions can never be right or wrong!!sorry bindi ji if any rules have been broken😛

WOW...sowmyaa di wrote exactly wht i wanted to say...I guess my "Easy steps for others to read my mind" device is working perfectly 😉

To cut short... i believe that theater, Tv, Film are all different mediums, each having a different expectation/requirement from the actors.. yes,actors can work in all of them simultaneously.. but then they need to work according to the demands of that particular medium. e.g. in theater u need a very good voice and body language beside acting as there is more "Space" to move around 😉 ... Similarly tv is so so so so so slow as compared to movie that actors need to "Expand their acting".. in films.. they need to act, dance, work more on facial expressions, etc..

TV actors getting more praise, one reason: they are shown almost everyday at ur home 😛 ...and them repeat telecasts 2-3 times 😕 ... if mithun chakraborty was shown/given coverage this much in his era, people might have placed him in Amitabh's category now 😉 [no offence to any of the actors fans].. i mean.. toooooooo much exposure[day and night, night and day 😕 😕 ] of tele actors makes people going WILLLLDDDDD over them 😛
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

Arre.. itni bashing😆😆😆....

But i really LOVED reading it...😛 and it is perfectly fine when u remain within the code of conduct...but bashing .. oh God i was in splits😆👏 its so true, honest  and hilarious😆

has any one remember Ram Kapoor in Monsoon Wedding?

when Monsoon Wedding came at that time i read Hritik's interview( at that time he was giving flop movies like App mujhe ache lagne lage, na tum jano na hum etc) in that he said  that he would love to do a movie like Monsoon Wedding even a smaller role .at that time i thought if Hritik is ready to do a smaller role in MW it means Ram Kapoor is lucky to have a small role in Monsoon Wedding where he dont have a single dialogue to speak.

Ram Kapoor was a known face bcz of Ghar Ek mandir at that time. imagine if the same role was done by Hritik how much recognisation that role can got which no one even noticed bcz it was played by Ram Kapoor a tv actor. TV actors r popular may be overrated but still they dont have that much importance which Bollywood actors have.

so I according to me a TV actor cant be compared with Bollywood actors.

they seems to be overrated but they dont actually audiance watch them daily so most of the time talk abt them thats why they seems overrated.

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
Hehehe Maryam,this was just a trailor 😆😆 ..Afterall,we're not known as the shaitans for nothing 😈

Originally posted by Sheena

yes; the stories are pathetic and soooo predictable..and i know of at leat one show where each of the main protagonist has had or will have a tumour; i mean cant the creative heads think of a different track; heck a different disease

Sheen,and you forgot the cancer 😆 😆 ...Every darn senior citizen would be diagnosed of Cancer,and bhooda would never ever kick the bucket😆 😆 ...and finally,it would all turn out to be either a "faked cancer" or "reports having got interchanged".... 😆🤢

YES; i mean if they were soo good they wouldnt be on tv; they d have signed and given loads of super hits by now

Some people like Vidya Balan successfully made the jump...but she had the stuff to strut,she looked gorgeous,and was a great actress👏.....Sadly,Today's television leading ladies are so mediocre(Sangeeta Ghosh,Neha Bamb,Gauri Pradhan(sorry Gauri fans,but she's a tad pathetic in KYPH..Yeah,mainly because her character is half baked,but yet she's isnt all that in KYPH),Reva Babbar,The girl who plays Krishna Tulsi,the girl who comes in KAA etc)....None of these ladies stand out,they are all so forgettable

he danced in Kuch Na Kahoo with ash and abhi and was unnoticed and no one other than his die-hard fans even remember his presence there; and that same eijaz won praises when he danced to right here right now at spa but in comparison to the original video he was nothing--now i am sure allll the eijaz fans will say that he and not abhi shuld be in the original--an argument that mkes nooo sense to me

ummmm has anyone even watched fun2sh and that other random movie he was in;i mean if he was soo good why did bwood reject him--sorry folks the term is rightfully: R_E_J_E_C_T and aside from the 3 iqbal-esque expressions and the 8478494 intvws about the saaaaaaaame thing what does he have again

no comments as i respect the fact that at least he takes the time to be on IF and interact with his fans; doesnt give 4873289749732 intvws concerning the sameee thing; stayed on tv

i am sorry hiten fans but if i hear one more thing about his wife's weight loss and the rehearsals of NB despite having "daily soaps" i will go NUTTSSSSSas iffffff the 47878894 intvws i ve seen or heard are less

Hehehehe,that was the typical sheen 😆 One thing is sure,Television stars would do anything for publicity(sorry die hard fans of IQ,Ram etc..but that's the truth...)...These people seriously are just looking for one opportunity,anything goes amiss,..THE RESULT...ARTICLES GALOREEEEEEE🤢 ..Whereas the bollywood stars are definitely more dignified,atleast they dont give these 25448561214553232 interviews when something goes amiss..Television stars are surely very overhyped,and very undignified(except some like Hiten,Rakshandha)(no offense again0..Sorry bindi di,if I went overboard 😳

well the fans might feel so BUT lets make D:2 with these actors and lets see if we even get a financer forget aproducer or a director and who mite i ask will pay money to watch these tv actors in place of abhi or HR--there is a reason that Bwood is reknown everywhere and IIFA has brought bwood even more global recognition but please tell me who internatioanlly and in the world as a whole cares about KAA or KYPH when one has Grey's Anatomy and desperate housewivesand commander in chief and Home Alone or Neighbours or East Enders to watch..not a great many ppl..BUT lots of ppl see the big B and ash at madame Tussauds

That's bollywood's clout Sheen,and to be very frank...Bollywood actors surely need to be exceptional,atleast they must stand out when put in a room with 100 odd above average looking people...Ofcourse,I'm not alking about B-wood flops like Zayed Khan and men of his ilk...

Bollywood is an elephantine industry,and people surely need to be on the ball to get there....whereas(sorry to say),any TDC can get into television,provided they "chakkar kaat" outside ekta's office 😆😕

[QUOTE=Sheena]
i dont think it can be called anything but fan craze..i mean someone has a back spasm on NB and makes it an issue of national concern and the fans still like him when they have the example of andre agassi who played at the us open without even mentioning his multiple injuries even once--its not like the NB actor danced for free now did he?? [/QUOTE]

Exactly,atleast the bollywood stars dont raise a rumpus when they sprain their ankle(Ash sprained hers while shooting for Guru,whereas we didnt get to read 124554521 articles,HR was injured while shooting for Krrish,we diditn read 12545651465 articles..).....If the television stars have to get into bollywood,they surely have to revise their attitude,they DIRELY need to go to the nearest bakery,and eat the biggest humble pie available 😡 ,before even thinking about Bollywood...Because most of the successful B-wood stars( Big B ,SRk,Ash,Hrithik,Abhishek) are very very humble and courteous with their fans,sans all the nakhras 😊

finally,Television stars,with their super inflated heads,nakhras,their non existent physique and their bragging/gloting would just seem out of place in Bollywood....

Bollywood isnt all that easy,More money,more fame,more exposure and more hard work..More pre requisites and it surely demands a much better attitude from the wannabies...

Sorry If I offended anyone 😭
Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago