Salman Kick Doesn't Do Justice To Its Original - Surender Reddy

Posted: 9 years ago
Filmmaker Surender Reddy, who is the creator of the original "Kick" in Telugu, feels the Hindi remake didn't do justice to his film or Salman Khan. He says the makers of the remake didn't understand the spirit of the original.
"Watched the Hindi remake of 'Kick'. It definitely does not do justice to our original movie or to Salman. 'Kick' would have been the biggest movie ever for Salman if the makers understood the spirit of 'Kick'," Surender posted on his Facebook page.
Salman's "Kick", which released July 25, has minted over Rs. 50 crore in the first two days since release.
Produced and directed by Sajid Nadiadwala, "Kick" also features Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Mithun Chakraborty and Saurabh Shukla in important roles.
Surender Reddy's "Kick" originally released in 2009 and went on to be a blockbuster and the biggest in the career of Ravi Teja, who played the lead role of an adrenaline junkie.

Surender Reddy, director of the 2009 Telugu film Kick, isn't impressed by the film's Bollywood remake starring Salman Khan.

Starring Ravi Teja and Ileana D'Cruz, the original film was lauded for its script and concept. But the film's director Surender Reddy doesn't think the same of Bollywood's Kick, directed by Sajid Nadiadwala.

"Watched the Hindi remake of 'Kick'. It definitely does not do justice to our original movie or to Salman. 'Kick' would have been the biggest movie ever for Salman if the makers understood the spirit of 'Kick'," Surender posted on his Facebook page.

Surender Reddy is a director to reckon with down south. His last film Race Gurram not just won critical praise but also went on to become the fourth highest grosser of all time.

Meanwhile, in Bollywood, Kick is turning out to be quite a money-spinner. On its fourth day running, the film is on the cusp of entering the 100 crore club.

The movie starring Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, has opened to mixed reviews by critics, but the box office numbers have been phenomenal.

Edited by awesomegurti - 9 years ago
I felt so too,even though I am not fan of raviteja but I enjoyed the original because of it's humor which is lacking in remake.I think bramhanandam added that extra value.
Script wise both the movies are bad to begin with.
I have just one complain that in Salman's kick the love story was not given proper justice. Here Devi falls for Shinaa after just seeing her. It was love at first sight. But in original it was different. Hell in the original when Ravi teja meets Illeana for second time - he actually don't remembers her. He actually falls for her when he realize how different this girl is from rest and how being with her is a real 'kick'.  But that doesn't happen here. And then again in second half - him being amnesiac and how it irritates Illeana was written much better there.
Originally posted by Ridhi.

I felt so too,even though I am not fan of raviteja but I enjoyed the original because of it's humor which is lacking in remake.I think bramhanandam added that extra value.
Script wise both the movies are bad to begin with.

Exactly 2 main reasons which made Sallu Mv dull

1 def brahmi no one can crate the brahmi magic
2 natural humor is the soul of the Telugu kick

These 2 main reasons which made Mv dull
Originally posted by awesomegurti

Exactly 2 main reasons which made Sallu Mv dull

1 def brahmi no one can crate the brahmi magic
2 natural humor is the soul of the Telugu kick

These 2 main reasons which made Mv dull

Halwa Raj, my baby๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by Azor_Ahai

I have just one complain that in Salman's kick the love story was not given proper justice. Here Devi falls for Shinaa after just seeing her. It was love at first sight. But in original it was different. Hell in the original when Ravi teja meets Illeana for second time - he actually don't remembers her. He actually falls for her when he realize how different this girl is from rest and how being with her is a real 'kick'. But that doesn't happen here. And then again in second half - him being amnesiac and how it irritates Illeana was written much better there.

In Telugu Antagonist _ actor shyama got Vgd reviews than hero

But in bw whole Sallu oly

In Telugu they maintained each character very well
Originally posted by hasini009

Halwa Raj, my baby๐Ÿ˜†

Ab ye halwa raj kaun ? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by awesomegurti

Ab ye halwa raj kaun ? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜†

Brahmmi's character in Kick๐Ÿ˜†