Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Earlier they wanted to make show on DURGA But later changed mind

I love to watch Madhav always
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Mahadev was good at first but then they made up stories simply to stretch the show as Mohit Raina was popular. If they do the same with this Krishna show, I'll be wary of watching it. Also, I think Lord Krishna has been brought to TV too often these days. Isn't it time people focused on other Gods? We've had plenty of Krishna-based shows, some good, some not so, but regardless of their quality, Krishna (and also Ram) has been given lots of screen space. Let's focus on another God.
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think Krishna is a normal TV show, not mytho.

This content was originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Mahadev was good at first but then they made up stories simply to stretch the show as Mohit Raina was popular. If they do the same with this Krishna show, I'll be wary of watching it. Also, I think Lord Krishna has been brought to TV too often these days. Isn't it time people focused on other Gods? We've had plenty of Krishna-based shows, some good, some not so, but regardless of their quality, Krishna (and also Ram) has been given lots of screen space. Let's focus on another God.

Other gods.. like?😆
We've had Jag Janani Ma Durga for Durga, Mahadev for Shiva, and as you said, Krishna based shows, as well as some 5-6 Ramayanas.

So the gods left are... Vishnu... (as Narayana, meaning like the whole Bhagavatam or Vishnu Purana or something..)
and... Mahalakshmi?

and...?
Ah, Kartikeya. (But most of the Kartikeya stories are about Muruga rather then Kartikey. (Means Tamil)).

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

I think Krishna is a normal TV show, not mytho.

Other gods.. like?😆
We've had Jag Janani Ma Durga for Durga, Mahadev for Shiva, and as you said, Krishna based shows, as well as some 5-6 Ramayanas.

So the gods left are... Vishnu... (as Narayana, meaning like the whole Bhagavatam or Vishnu Purana or something..)
and... Mahalakshmi?

and...?
Ah, Kartikeya. (But most of the Kartikeya stories are about Muruga rather then Kartikey. (Means Tamil)).

We could have a Vishnu Puraan serial. People know a lot about Ram and Krishna, but not too much about Vishnu's other incarnations. There was a Vishnu Puraan serial in the late 90s I believe by BR Chopra, but there hasn't been one recently so the younger generation would benefit from a nicely made show utilizing the technology and effects everyone is fond of.

We could also have a show on Kartikeya like you said, even if the stories are from Tamil Nadu. Why not? There is Skanda Purana which everyone knows about, and they can follow that.

We can also have a show on other incarnations of the Goddess (there are so many!).

We could have a Vishnu Puraan serial. People know a lot about Ram and Krishna, but not too much about Vishnu's other incarnations. There was a Vishnu Puraan serial in the late 90s I believe by BR Chopra, but there hasn't been one recently so the younger generation would benefit from a nicely made show utilizing the technology and effects everyone is fond of.

We could also have a show on Kartikeya like you said, even if the stories are from Tamil Nadu. Why not? There is Skanda Purana which everyone knows about, and they can follow that.

We can also have a show on other incarnations of the Goddess (there are so many!).

The thing is, what I have observed from DKDM, they don't show the Tamil stories most of the time, and even if they do, It is so distorted... and also the names. that's a whole new topic in itself..😆
Yeah, different forms of Devi would be very interesting!
Skanda Purana tells only about Karitkeya's adventures (😛) till his killing of tarakasura. After that nothing... the rest is in Kandha Puranam..
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

The thing is, what I have observed from DKDM, they don't show the Tamil stories most of the time, and even if they do, It is so distorted... and also the names. that's a whole new topic in itself..😆

Yeah, different forms of Devi would be very interesting!
Skanda Purana tells only about Karitkeya's adventures (😛) till his killing of tarakasura. After that nothing... the rest is in Kandha Puranam..

If they want to show regional scriptures, they should research them well, otherwise stick to the main scriptures everyone is familiar with.

I would actually love to see Brahma Purana brought to screen. Very few people know about Brahma Dev and he's one of the divine trinity. Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are very popular figures on television, but Lord Brahma is often overlooked. Isn't that an injustice?

I'd love to see a show on Lord Brahma, his marriage to Goddess Saraswati, and all other stories that pertain to him. ðŸ˜›

If they want to show regional scriptures, they should research them well, otherwise stick to the main scriptures everyone is familiar with.

I would actually love to see Brahma Purana brought to screen. Very few people know about Brahma Dev and he's one of the divine trinity. Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are very popular figures on television, but Lord Brahma is often overlooked. Isn't that an injustice?

I'd love to see a show on Lord Brahma, his marriage to Goddess Saraswati, and all other stories that pertain to him. ðŸ˜›

Er... Brahma Purana is not all about Brahma... its more like, since Brahma narrated it, it is called Brahma Purana.
And Brahma stories. Practically every story is his, cause all begin with - "And Brahmadeva said, "Ask a boon!"😆