Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*puja*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
It doesn't matter what a person wears, only how they carry themselves. A "skinny" person could wear something and have no confidence or just don't carry themselves that well, but then you can have a plus size women wearing the same outfit with confidence and attitude and it would look great.

A designer should know that, a model that has attitude, the walk, and the confidence can make an outfit look better. And in my experience, "plus size" women have more confidence and attitude.
punjabi#1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think a person should be confident in what they wear and they can carry it off. If you have a nice smilie and are a nice person to be around nobody is going to give a damn if you were a sari or western clothes.
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good Suggestion by the designer!!!
I suppose it is for Indians!!! It's upto those women to wear good things or not wear at all.Plus sized women look good in sarees.What's wrong if an expert in that field gives good suggestion.

cheers,
Mythili
d_s_g_ thumbnail
well actually any indian woman weather thin or fat,looks best in indian ethnics like a saree. πŸ˜ƒ
desikuri_Naina thumbnail
Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Imagine Oprah in a sari.

lol πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

but ummm i think he is right that women plus sized should wear saris because it shows ur fatness..but again they would be designing clothes for these women too. And yes there are only skilly models who walk on the ramps but  i really think that they should have all types of women there cause there r alot of gurls who might not be able to wear all of this. So maybe they would wear saris or maybe not really depends ont hem and how there style is.😳😳😳
anjali.nair thumbnail
All the laws are made for women. Everyone has an opinion on what a woman should wear and do. Even on IF I see many members criticize the way an actress dresses. They have problem with actresses cozying upto their star husbands. Many have the opinion that woman should cover everything and exposing is a NO. These same members drool over barebody Salman Khan and the likes of him. Some are ashamed of girls wearing jeans and tight blouses but no one has anything to say about men.

Tarun Tahiliani is a good designer. May be he has good advise for Adnan Sami and himself too.
kisnakiradha thumbnail
Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Oh no, Tarun Tahiliani khuda kitna slim hai...πŸ˜†

LOL!

ew though...i thought he was meant to have fashion sense?

kisnakiradha thumbnail
btw i always thought that plus sized women shouldnt wear saris, coz it adds layers? πŸ˜•

but yeh, wat ppl b4 me have said, it all depends on the way you carry urself.
it's all about attitude

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
another comment on plus sized women? haiz.. well, he's a fashion designer, so he must have his 'reasons' to say tt.

true, plus sized women shouldn't wear tight clothes tt will accentuate any of their fleshy areas. they should choose thin but slightly fitting clothings, πŸ‘πŸΌ tt will hide their weak areas but also not overly cover thier body. πŸ˜ƒ

i myself am plump, but have never found it a problem finding a dress to wear. why can't plus sized women look good in designer wear? ❓ it's all in the head. if ur confident abt ur body, u can even wear curtains and get praises. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

sarees have a sliming effect on women. take for instance, dolly bindra who is a tv actess. she seems much more slimmer in a saree than modern clothes. πŸ˜‰

we all have to be happy the way we are. i myself will never switch places with a slim girl. not in a million years. πŸ˜†

plus sized women also have feelings, but the thing is they dun seem to have much confidence. πŸ˜” and comments like these aren't making things better. πŸ€”

tt fashion designer probably designs clothes for twig like women so he has this issue with plus sized women i guess. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

well, watever, plus sized or not, women's feelings should be respected. πŸ‘πŸΌ period. πŸ˜‰ Edited by jigglypuff726 - 17 years ago
moondust thumbnail
Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Oh no, Tarun Tahiliani khuda kitna slim hai...πŸ˜†

My my, by any chance is that John Abraham????!!!!????😲...

...He can talk🀒🀒🀒...

AND....

Would TARUN look good wearing this:

My point made😊....

So it depends on the individual, on what item of clothing they wear. Tarun will look good in suits; but not in a sari for the obvious reason that he is a male. Even, John A. would not look dashing in a sari; even though he is considered as "hot". Sushmita looks good in a sari; but not in a formal suit in that style of John and Tarun's. So its more of a gender thing I guess...πŸ€”πŸ˜•

Like BOTH a skinny and plus-sized person may look good in a dress; but neither both of them can carry off a pair of tight jeans-it depends on the individual factor.πŸ˜ƒ...

Hence, you really dress for YOURSELF..it is what that suits YOU...it doesn't depend on weight

Edited by moondust - 17 years ago