Mahabharat

The valour Of Saubhadr Arjuni inside the chakravyuh..

ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

The heroic Abhimanyu the valiant son of Dhananjaya,

Says the following before he enters the chakravyuh to protect Yuddhisthira..

Abhimanyu said, 'I will penetrate into this invincible array of Drona, like an insect filled with rage entering a blazing fire. Today, I will do that which will be beneficial to both races (viz., my sire's and my mother's). I will do that which will please my maternal uncle as also my mother. Today all creatures will behold large bodies of hostile sol diers continually slaughtered by myself, an unaided child. If anybody, encountering me, escapes today with life, I shall not then regard myself begotten by Partha and born of Subhadra. If on a single car I cannot in battle cut off the whole Kshatriya race into eight fragments, I will not regard myself the son of Arjuna.' 1

Summary Of his valour inside the chakravyuh:

He was pierced by Nine shafts by dusaha ,twelve  by dushyasana, three  by kripacharya ,Seventeen by Drona , Seventy  by vivinsati, seven  shafts by Kritiverman ,eight by Vrihadavala  and seven by  

Ashwathama , three shafts by  bhurishrava  , Shalya afflicts him with six shafts and two by shakuni and Three by Duryodhana.

Abhimanyu pierced each with three shafts...

Asmaka pireces Abhimanyu with 10 shafts.

Then Karna and Kripa, and Drona and Drona's son, and the ruler of the Gandharas, and Sala and Salya, and Bhurisravas and Kratha, and Somadatta, and Vivinsati, and Vrishasena, and Sushena, and Kundavedhin, and Pratardana, and Vrindaraka and Lalithya, and Pravahu, and Drighalochana, and angry Duryodhana, showered their arrows upon him.

Karnas coat and mail was pierced by Abhimanyu, Karna became

helpless and karna trembled.

Then with three other shafts of great sharpness  Abhimanyu slew  three

warriors named  Sushena, Drighalochana, and Kundavedhin.

Karna then pierced Abhimanyu by  five and twenty shafts .

Ashwathamma with twenty  and kritiverman seven.

I a duel with Abhimanyu Shalya fainted.Troops fled away after Shalya

fainted.

Shalya brother's head was pierced by Abhimanyu.

Followers for shalya's brother roared and said you shall not escape

with life today.

And Abhimanyu has pierced arrows at those who pierced him smiling

He battled mildly with them and also displayed the weapons he

acquired from Vasudeva and Dhananjaya.

Abhimanyu showered his arrows on the warriors. Careering with great speed like a circle of fire, he pierced Drona and Karna, and Kripa, and Salya and Drona's son, and Kritavarman of the Bhoja race, and Vrihadvala, and Duryodhana, and Somadatta, and  Sakuni, and diverse kings and diverse princes and diverse bodies of troops. It seemed like he was everywhere .The troops of Kauravas trembled.

Drona says:" I do not regard any bowman to be his equal in battle. If only he entertains the wish, he can slay this vast host. It seems, that for some reason or other, he doth not entertain that wish.'"

Duryodhana accuses Drona:

Duryodhana said unto Karna and king Valhika and Duhsasana and the ruler of the Madras and the many other mighty car-warriors of his army, these words, 'The preceptor of the entire order of the Kshatriyas,--he that is the foremost of all conversant with Brahma, doth not, from stupefaction, wish to slay this son of Arjuna. None can, in battle, escape the preceptor with life, not even the Destroyer himself, if the latter advanceth against the preceptor as a foe. What, O friend, shall we say then of any mortal? I say this truly. This one is the son of Arjuna, and Arjuna is the preceptor's disciple. It is for this that the preceptor protecteth this youth. Disciples and sons and their sons are always dear to the virtuous people. Protected by Drona, the youthful son of Arjuna regardeth himself valourous. He is only a fool entertaining a high opinion of himself. Crush him, therefore, without delay.' 

Dushyasana Boasts:

O monarch, I tell thee that even I will slay this one in the very sight of

the Pandavas and before the eyes of the Panchalas. I shall certainly

devour the son of Subhadra today, like Rahu swallowing Surya (sun).

' And once more addressing the Kuru king loudly, Duhsasana said,

'Hearing that Subhadra's son hath been slain by me, the two Krishnas,

who are exceedingly vain, will without doubt, go to the region of the

departed spirits, leaving this world of men. Hearing then of the death

of the two Krishnas, it is evident that the other sons born of Pandu's

wives, with all their friends, will, in course of a single day, cast away

their lives from despair. It is evident, therefore, that this one foe of

thine being slain, all thy foes will be slain. Wish me well, O king, even

I will slay this foe of thine.' Having said these words, O king, thy son

Duhsasana, filled with rage and uttering a loud roar, rushed against

the son of Subhadra and covered him with showers of arrows.

Abhimanyu Lashes Dushyasana:

Sanjaya said, 'Then the intelligent Abhimanyu, with limbs mangled with arrows, smilingly addressed his foe, Duhsasana, stationed before him saying, 'By good luck it is that I behold in battle that vain hero arrived before me, who is cruel, who hath cast away all righteousness, and who brawleth out lustily his own praises. In the assembly (for the Kurus) and in the hearing of king Dhritarashtra, thou hadst, with thy harsh speeches, angered king Yudhishthira. Relying on the deception of the dice and the skill (therein) of Suvala's son, thou hadst also maddened by success, addressed many delirious speech to Bhima! 1 In consequence of the anger of those illustrious persons, thou art, at last, about to obtain the fruit of that conduct of thine! 2. O thou of wicked understanding, obtain thou without delay the fruit 3 of the robbery of other people's possessions, wrathfulness, of thy hatred of peace, of avarice, of ignorance, of hostilities (with kinsmen), of injustice and persecution, of depriving my sires--those fierce bowmen--of their kingdom, and of thy own fierce temper. I shall today chastise thee with my arrows in the sight of the whole army. Today, I shall in battle disburden myself of that wrath which I cherish against thee. I shall today free myself of the debt I owe to angry Krishna and to my sire who always craveth for an opportunity to chastise thee. O Kaurava, today I shall free myself of the debt I owe to Bhima. With life thou shalt not escape me, if indeed, thou dost not abandon the battle.' Having said these words, that mighty-armed warrior, that slayer of hostile heroes, aimed a shaft endued with the splendour of Yama or of Agni or of the Wind-god, capable of despatching Duhsasana to the other world. Quickly approaching Duhsasana's bosom, that shaft fell upon his shoulder-joint and penetrated into his body up to the very wings, like a snake into an ant-hill. 

Dushyasana flees AWAY:

5+20  shafts were pierced By Abhimanyu on Dushyasana.

And dushyasana swooned and his charioteer took him away.

"Behold, the heroic Duhsasana, who resembleth the scorching sun who was hitherto slaying the foe in battle, hath at last himself succumbed to Abhimanyu."

Karna attacks Abhimanyu:

Thus addressed, Karna with rage and desirous of doing good to thy

son, rained showers of sharp arrows on the invincible Abhimanyu. And

the heroic Karna, as if in contempt of his antagonist, also pierced the

latter's followers on the field of battle, with many excellent shafts of

great sharpness.

Then abhimanyu pierced Karna with three and seventy shafts.

Abhimanyu was unstoppable:

No car-warrior of thy army succeeded at that time in obstructing the progress towards Drona, of Abhimanyu, who was the son of Indra's son and who was afflicting all the foremost car-warriors of the Kaurava host.

Attack By Karna:

Then Karna pierced him with hundreds of Arrows

Though afflicted in battle by Radha's son with showers of weapons, still Subhadra's son who resembled a very celestial (for prowess) felt no pain.

Karna then shot five straight arrows at Abhimanyu. The son of Phalguna, however, received them fearlessly. Endued with great valour and courage, the latter then, in a moment, with only a single arrow, cut off Karna's bow and standard and caused them to drop down on the ground. Beholding Karna in such distress, his younger brother, drawing the bow with great force, speedily proceeded against the son of Subhadra.

Attack By Karna's Brother:

Karnas brother pierced him with 10 shafts.

Warriors of Kuru army were delighted with Abhimanyu's might

He cut the head of Karna's brother.

Karna fled Away:

Meanwhile, the son of Subhadra, causing Karna by means of his

arrows to turn away from the field, quickly rushed against the other

great bowmen. Then Abhimanyu of fierce energy and great fame, filled

with wrath, broke that host of diverse forces abounding with elephants

and steeds and cars and infantry. As regards Karna, afflicted by

Abhimanyu with countless shafts, he fled away from the field borne by

swift steeds.

When the welkin was covered with Abhimanyu's shafts, like flights of

locusts or thick showers of rain, nothing, O monarch, could be

distinguished. Amongst thy warriors thus slaughtered by Abhimanyu

with sharp shafts, none, O monarch, stayed any longer on the field of

battle except the ruler of the Sindhus.

Abhimanyu advances:

Then that bull among men, viz., the son of Subhadra, blowing his conch, speedily, fell upon the Bharata host, O bull of Bharata's race! Like a burning brand thrown into the midst of dry grass, Arjuna's son began to consume his foes, quickly careering through the Kaurava army. Having pierced through their array, he mangled cars and elephants and steeds and human beings by means of his sharp shafts and caused the field of battle teem with headless trunks. Cut off by means of excellent arrows shot from the bow of Subhadra's son, the Kaurava warriors fled away, slaying, as they fled, their own comrades before them. Those fierce arrows, of terrible effect whetted on stone and, countless in number, slaying car-warriors and elephants, steeds, fell fast on the field. Arms, decked with Angadas and other ornaments of gold, cut off and hands cased in leathern covers, and arrows, and bows, and bodies and heads decked with car-rings and floral wreaths, lay in thousands on the field. Obstructed with Upashkaras and Adhishthanas and long poles also with crushed Akshas and broken wheels and yokes, numbering thousands, With darts and bows and swords and fallen standards, and with shields and bows lying all about, with the bodies, O monarch, of slain Kshatriyas and steeds and elephants, the field of battle, looking exceedingly fierce, soon became impassable. The noise made by the princes, as they called upon One another while slaughtered by Abhimanyu, became deafening andenhanced the fears of the timid.

Abhimanyu  slew the chariotter of Vrishasena:

The clash between them of immeasurable energy, scattering their arrowy showers with great force, on the one side and Abhimanyu alone on the other, became awful. The son, of Arjuna, encompassed on all sides by those enemies with crowds of cars, slew the charioteer of Vrishasena and also cut off his bow.

Vrishasena then fled away:

And the mighty Abhimanyu then pierced Vrishasena's steeds with his straight shafts, upon which those coursers, with the speed of the wind, bore Vrishasena away from the battle.

Abhimanyu slew VASATIYAS:

Vasatiya piereced 60 shafts on abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu pierced vasatiyas chest and sent him to Yamas Abode

Then again many Kshatriyas surrounded him .

Abhimanyu- LAKSHMANA DUEL:

He slew Lakshmana Kumara.

Abhimanyu Attacks:

Drona, and Kripa, and Karna, and Drona's son and Vrihadvala, and

Kritavarman, the son of Hridika,--these six car-warriors,---

encompassed Abhimanyu. Piercing them with sharp arrows and beating

them off from him, the son of Arjuna fell with great speed and fury

upon the vast forces of Jayadratha. Thereupon, the Kalingas, the

Nishadas, and the valiant son of Kratha, all clad in mail, cut off his

path by encompassing him with their elephant-division. The battle then

that took place between Phalguni's son and those warriors was

obstinate and fierce. 

Kratha's son was slain by Abhimanyu.

He pierced Drona with 20 arrows and Vrihadavala with 50.

Kritverman with 80 and Kripa with 50 shafts.

Abhimanyu slew Vrindaraka.

Piercing of arrows:

While abhimanyu was busy in the battle ashwathaama  pierced him

with five and twenty arrows.

Abhimanyu pierced back and ashwatthama pierced sixty fierce  Arrows

yet abhimanyu never trembled and stood like a mainaka mountain..

Then abhimanyu pierced ashwathamma with three and seventy arrows.

Seeing this Drona  rescued  his son pierced abhimanyu with 100 arrows.

Ashwathaama then pierced him with 60 arrows.

Followed by Karna who struck Abhimanyu with two and twenty broad

arrows and Krithiverma struck him with four and ten arrows .

Abhimanyu pierced each of the above with ten shafts in return.

Abhimanyu Slew vrihadavala:

The kosala Ruler (in ref to Vrihadavala) struck abhimanyu with an

arrow which was barbed in his chest and Abhimanyu caused him to

fall on Earth ..

Ruler of Kosala wanted to destroy separate Abhimanyu's head from his

trunk but was struck by Abhimanyu's arrows a lay dead in the battle

field..

This lead to fleeing away of ten thousand kings..

Then it was battle with Karna :

Karna and Abhimanyu pierced arrows at each other and both bathed in

Blood.

Abhimanyu slew six of Karna's counselors.

Abhimanyu then slew ashwaketu .

Abhimanyu slew martikavata.

Then he had an encounter with Duhyasana's son followed by Shalya.

Abhimanyu then slew Satrunjaya, and Chandraketu, and Mahamegba, and Suvarchas, and Suryabhasa.

Abhimanyu then pierced Shakuni when shakuni says Duryodhan  "Let us all pierce this one as fighting singly he might slay all of us "..

Then Karna asks Drona to give an advice to slay this warrior also says I am staying in this battle as a warrior I should stay and these arrows are weakening my heart..

NOW Karna breaks Abhimanyu's bow (Which according to most here was a fair fight)

Then kritiverma and Kripa manage to slew his steeds and charioteers respectively..

AS Abhimanyu was deprived of his bow others covered him with showers of Arrows as he was deprived of his bow..

Then Abhimanyu deprived of BOW and car took up a sword..

Then Drona cuts off his Hilt (The handle of his sword).

Karna cuts off his shield.

Deprived of Everything Abhimanyu takes up the car wheel and looks like his Uncle Janardhana himself.

His wheel was broken into hundred pieces.

Deprived of Sword bow and car Abhimanyu took up the mighty mace his body was already incapable.

Ashwathama on the sight of abhimanyu fled away taking three long leaps..

Abhimanyu slew two charioteers of Ashwathaama.

He then slew seven and seventy Gandhara followers..

Abhimanyu looked like a porcupine fully covered with arrows all through out  his body.

He then slew ten car warriors of Bhramha Vasatiya race.

Then  he had a duel with Dushyasana's Son (THE ENHANCER OF  FAME OF KURU RACE)

And then he was for once stupefied by the blow of Dushyasanas son .He then lay  dead on  the ground defeated..

Edited by frappie - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Great post Frappie...😊

Truly, truly one of the greatest warriors πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I know this post is about Abhi's tremendous valour. But, reading about Dushy's boast and then fleeing away...πŸ˜†

Now, after reading all this, I only wish so many warriors actually existed in β­οΈ for Abhi to fight. 

As per SBS, if Abhi's on-screen death has been turned into mercy killing - that too by jeshtest taatshree...πŸ€”
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for making this post...

Abhimanyu was indeed one of the greatest warriors of the epic...

If he alone could do so much, then he was certainly one of the greatest...

Throughout, he is attacked by many people, it seems. But still he holds his ground...

He is indeed the son of Arjun, and the nephew of Lord Krishna...
No wonder, his death is considered to be the most tragic one by many... 
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abhimanyu is the greatest warrior in the epic Mahabharat. The fact that raises him on higher pedestal than both Arjun and Karna, is his selfless devotion to his duty! A young lad jumped into a sanguinary only to avenge all the wrong that was metted to his family and the mother whom he loved immensely!

He single handedly slaughtered the kaurava army and till his last breath remained undefeated. Surely he is the epitome of sacrifice and valor. It's sad that we never got to see that heroic streak of Abhimanyu in bold colors...hopefully day-13 here in ⭐️Bharat will show the true picture of this glorious lad!!
Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome post frapps!! πŸ‘
Abhimanyu is truly the fearsome warrior!!!!

Dussy fleeing away!! πŸ˜†

if ⭐️bharat showed this it would ve been the most epic episodes!!
i had goosebumps reading this!! thank you dear for posting this!! πŸ‘

Shriya95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post frapps...I m stunned n in tears😭
Will give a detailed comment soonπŸ˜ƒ
vayuu1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Abhimanyu in one on one battle was second only to krishna,he was so powerful ,that only krishna and bhishma(bcoz of his iccha mrityu boon)had the valour to face him,such was his might . Edited by vayuu1 - 9 years ago
ElMystique thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Shani-

Great post Frappie...😊

Truly, truly one of the greatest warriors πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I know this post is about Abhi's tremendous valour. But, reading about Dushy's boast and then fleeing away...πŸ˜†

Now, after reading all this, I only wish so many warriors actually existed in β­οΈ for Abhi to fight. 

As per SBS, if Abhi's on-screen death has been turned into mercy killing - that too by jeshtest taatshree...πŸ€”

I am glad you liked it DIVYA😊😊😊
@ BOLD πŸ€’🀒🀒
I seriously feel it is mockery of Abhimanyu's valour..
ElMystique thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: amritat

Thanks for making this post...

Abhimanyu was indeed one of the greatest warriors of the epic...

If he alone could do so much, then he was certainly one of the greatest...

Throughout, he is attacked by many people, it seems. But still he holds his ground...

He is indeed the son of Arjun, and the nephew of Lord Krishna...
No wonder, his death is considered to be the most tragic one by many... 

You dont have to thank me amrita πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
First it was arjuna and now Abhimanyu their Glories are taken away and shown as people who are spared by every random person...😑😑
He was definitely the greatest at a young age if these were his acheivements then had he lived he would have conquered the world like his father.

ElMystique thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Meself

Abhimanyu is the greatest warrior in the epic Mahabharat. The fact that raises him on higher pedestal than both Arjun and Karna, is his selfless devotion to his duty! A young lad jumped into a sanguinary only to avenge all the wrong that was metted to his family and the mother whom he loved immensely!

He single handedly slaughtered the kaurava army and till his last breath remained undefeated. Surely he is the epitome of sacrifice and valor. It's sad that we never got to see that heroic streak of Abhimanyu in bold colors...hopefully day-13 here in ⭐️Bharat will show the true picture of this glorious lad!!

Well I dont want to compare him with anyone but definitely Yuddhisthir says he is equal to keshava and Drona says he is equal to his father...
obviously attacked by so many warriors at a time yet he managed to defeat everyone and forced them to attack him in a group itself says he was the best...
Also not to forget he is Jishnu's son who was a one man army too.😳😳