Rangrasiya

Query abt teej

HayemeraSarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Sorry guys for the title...Actually i am not here to ask anythig but instead try to provide some...here i got some information on Hariyali Teej...coz i saw many ppl who were unknown abt this...this is copied from other site even though i know much of the things written here coz i see my mum celebrating this every year with many ladies in the neighbourhood...its an enjoyable festival on the whole...Mods plz close the topic if it is against Forum rules...

Teej  is a festival celebrated in many states of India (mainly in northern and central India) and by Khas women of Nepal. It is observed by women for wellness of their husband .

Literary "teej" means "third". Therefore Teej falls on the third day after the moonless night (Amavasya) and the third day after the full moon night of every month. However, the third day after the new moon or Amavasya of Shraavana () month is the most important Teej. As Shraavana (or Saawan) month falls during monsoon or rainy season when the surroundings become green, the Shraavana Teej is also called Hariyali Teej (Green Teej).

Teej is celebrated in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and inUttarakhand in India. It falls on the third day after the new moon of the Shraavana or Saawan month of Hindu calendar in late July to early August. Dedicated to the Goddess Parvati, commemorating her union with Lord Shiva, the festival is celebrated for sexual bliss, well-being of spouse and children and purification of own body and soul. The festival is a three-day-long celebration that combines sumptuous feasts as well as rigid fasting.

And here's the information on the celebrations in Rajasthan(coz every festival is celebrated in different styles in different states here)

Teej is the festival of swings. It marks the advent of the monsoon month of Shravan (August). The monsoon rains fall on the parched land and the pleasing scent of the wet soil rises into the air. Swings are hung from trees and women dressed in green clothes sing songs in celebration of the advent of the monsoon. This festival is dedicated to the Goddess Parvati, commemorating her union with Lord Shiva. Goddess Parvati is worshipped by seekers of conjugal bliss and happiness. An elaborate procession is taken out inJaipur for two consecutive days on the festive occasion which is watched by people in large numbers. The Teej idol is covered with a canopy whereas the Gangaur idol is open. The traditional Ghevar sweet is also associated with the festival.

...Now i can easily associate this with Paro swinging in the Promo...what say Guys?

Edited by MissinguSaRun - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SwathiAnthy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
between thanks for these info😊
zahrazar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks a lot fir all thoses infosπŸ˜›
hiralnehal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Point to be noted my lord: 
This festival is dedicated to the Goddess Parvati, commemorating her union with Lord Shiva. Goddess Parvati is worshipped by seekers of conjugal bliss and happiness.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

So this festival is a prelude to?????
bluemoon255 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
it sounds like a very beautiful festival.
lovely post baisa. 
it is very helpful for everybody who doesn't know anything about the festival.
thank you so much for it.
Edited by bluemoon255 - 9 years ago
...Pwincess... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for sharing this. Does this mean parud's big C is coming up..
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the info. I always assumed its same as karva chauth where women fast for their husband's well being.
ArnavKhushijodi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: hiralnehal

This festival is dedicated to the Goddess Parvati, commemorating her union with Lord Shiva. Goddess Parvati is worshipped by seekers of conjugal bliss and happiness.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

My thoughts also zoomed in to this!! I guess this is the perfect setting for...πŸ˜‰
just_juhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hiralnehal

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Blame my gutter mind... That was my FIRST thought tooπŸ˜†

Thanx for sharing the info
Edited by juhi611 - 9 years ago
SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I was totally wondering what significance the promo had and you cleared a lot of that with your helpful information. Thanks.
So Parvati/Shiv connection is there and even the swing Paro was sitting on makes sense now. ⭐️