Fan Fictions

IPKKND:Bitter Sweet an aquired taste C18 p152 THREAD 2 LINK ADDED!

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Writers note:

As promised I'm back with something new. I'm not sure where I'm going with this one, it's a very impulsive write in an aim to explore the grey bitter traits of ASR's characters against Khushi who is sweet ,soft ,sensible yet strong and adamant in her ways. Both two extremes of nature yet resolute and in love.   I've honestly no plan or storyline just this so far  so have a read tell me what you think.  If and only if  it gets a welcoming response I will continue with it and shape it into something more substantial. I'm using the pm list I already have if you would like to be added then please feel free to buddy me and I will make sure I send out an pm to you when I update.

Bitter sweet - "an acquired taste"

When arrogance and power, clash with  rigorousness  and sugar coated sensibility it forms a very unusual taste which some like some dislike.  This story explores that acquired taste in the form of a very complicated relationship between husband and wife who find themselves living a very bitter sweet relationship.

Chapter 1: Pg 1

Chapter 2: Pg 12

Chapter 3 Pg 20

Chapter 4: Pg 29

Chapter 5: Pg 35

Chapter 6: Pg 47

Chapter 7: Pg 55

Chapter 8: Pg 63

Chapter 9: Pg 72 

Chapter 10: Pg 81

Chapter 11: Pg 91

Chapter 12: Pg 98

Chapter 13 pg 107

Chapter 14: pg 114

Chapter 15: pg 123

Chapter 16: pg 129

Chapter 17: pg 139

Chapter 18 : pg 152

Chapter 19: Thread 2 Pg 1:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4486858

If you would like links to my others works then please don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Edited by jagrutid - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Jagruthi you are back waiting for the update 
jagrutid thumbnail
Originally posted by: Srilathalolla

Wow Jagruthi you are back waiting for the update 

I am indeed just about to update, hope you like it..
rkapoor1382 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
it surely sounds interesting 
u shd continue 
jagrutid thumbnail

Chapter 1

She added two spoons of coffee, steaming water and a little sweetener and mixed the liquid. Its aroma strong bitter soon filling the office air and even though he refused to have any sweetener she insisted on adding some anyway. Her husband had a strange sense of liking for the stringent and bitter of things in life or maybe it was just that after all these years he was accustomed to the taste and maybe it didn't matter for she was always around to add the sweetness to his life.  Khushi often had very analytical thoughts during office hours it was just in her nature to do so.

His P.A looking over her shoulder a little worriedly as Khushi taking out the spoon and putting it to the side handed her the mug with a smile noticing that slight insecurity in the girls eyes.  "If he says anything tell him hes in need of a little sweetness."  She smiled but the his P.A didn't seem convinced she was new and very afraid of her boss as were most of his employees.

A few minutes later and as Khushi sits back at her desk with her own cup of water which was actually why she had left her desk in the first place she only got a few minutes at her desk before she was summoned by the boss. Khushi dressed formally at work, work was work and home was home, here she was a cooperative executive and she made sure that the distinction between the roles she played was clear. Her husband had been very clear about professionalism in the past. Knocking on the surface of the door to his office, Khushi waited a second or two before entering. She pushed open the glass door of the office slightly to make her presence more notable. He lifted his eyes from his laptop for a second to  permit her to enter and then spoke as he went about his work.  "I'm making an announcement in half an hour  one which has the potential to back fire, I want you to reassure me it won't.

His words were spoken with as ever with a sense of superiority but this was the first time he spoke to her in this way. Although he ha all the means to he always he kept their relationship out of work matters yet today Khushi got the feeling her was merging the two in a way that made her uncomfortable or at least using very grey method of business one she didn't approve of.  At first she found herself a little dumb founded trying to take all this in.   "Ham samjhe nahin.." ("I'm not sure I understand")

Lifting his eyes  from his paperwork, ASR watched the way Khushi looked a little unsure he had never put anything like this before her. Dropping his paperwork sitting back in his armchair to give Khushi he full attention his eyes  not solely on her.

"Your retaliation seems to spark rebellion here,  you revolt and  the majority seems to follow.  I'm asking you to not to object, not to protest as simple as that.

ASR was using his assets to his advantage, he was a businessman after all, just as he thought of going back to his paperwork unexpected was Khushi's response which got his attention.

He knew her well and he should have known that she was one to stand for her principles her beliefs, a tad surprised he watched the conviction in her as she spoke.

"I'm sorry sir but I believe I am entitled to an opinion of my own and to make a commitment to something I'm not yet aware of well that is with all due respect  that is improper."

He simply watched her for a moment, she had expressed her distaste for his ways and there was just silence for a moment whilst he watched her and that made Khushi feel conscious, conscious and anxious for no matter how many times they disagreed the fact that he was Arnav Singh Raizada and the lengths she knew he could go to always worried her but she was strong and didn't let that on. She stood there adamant  and committed to her words.  She could feel his eyes upon her as he spoke.

"Improper it may be but going against me isn't in your best of interests, more so for you Khushi than anyone."  His response was a little on the suggestive side which Khushi didn't like, avoiding his gaze Khushi could hear his movement, off his arm chair, and around his table. He stopped in front of  her keeping a little space between the two of them his hands comfortably in the pockets of his trousers he comfortably seemed to wait for response.

The way he did that, what did he think of himself she thought, why bring their marriage into this. She wasn't going to stand there and say nothing she lifted her gaze to meet those shrewd eyes of his.

"Aap ke khilaaf jaane mein hame koi khushi nahin milti lekin ham bina jane kisi cheeze ke liyey sehmadi bhi nahin de sakte." ("Going against you isn't a choice I enjoy making  but I wont commit to backing you blindly either.)  She was feisty, she looked him right into to the eyes making it clear that he wasn't going to succeed in overpowering her with his ways but he too was Arnav Singh Raizada and apart of her was wary of that.

She felt him step that little closer, the fragrance of his aftershave his feel all that more apparent to her, he was doing this on purpose, he wasn't pleased by her retaliation not one bit. He didn't like to be challenged and  his words were very expressive of his arrogance and need for authority.

"You're going to make things difficult for yourself Khushi don't forget I influence both your working life and personal life too."

The proximity between them close Khushi felt a slight chill up her bones by the nature of his threat she knew he was capable of acting on his words and once this working day was over with she would  have to face him as his wife were the rules were very different to that of working life.

She couldn't let on her fear to him, not one bit, she was a strong capable woman and as she picked up her eyes at him..ASR could here slight irritation in her words. "Aap ki patni hone ke naate ham aap ki har aagyay ka palan karenge lekin vakt aap hamare pati nahin boss hai aur yey hak aapka nahin hai."

"As your wife I will oblige to your every command but at this moment in time you are standing before me as my employer who I do not give the same regard to. Now if you don't mind may I leave..?  .. "  His eyes told her that he didn't approve of the tone of voice she had just used with him and to soften the blow and keep within ideals of the working environment Khushi added a "Sir.."  at the end of the sentence make it sound like less aggressive and more passive of a comment.

He watched her with a slight smug expression, only she would have come up with a response as raw as that but he knew how to read her he had stirred the waters despite her attempt at perseverance.

Stepping away to give her way ASR watches Khushi leave, of course having the last words per nature.  "Think long and hard before making your choice Khushi" 

Afternoon board meeting at AR head quarters and ASR goes on to explain his proposal.  Khushi was paying extra attention after this mornings conversation which she wished had never taken place because he words seemed to linger in her mind even now creating a battle of rights and wrongs even before she had heard out what the proposal even was.

She watched him stand in front of the table of executives Khushi being one of them he presented a very comprehensive presentation which all sounded very impressive to start with yet it became clear what the controversy was all about.

"AR is joining hands with an European company which means  we will have a more international presence, are profit margins will boost, and I am backing this a 100%. The only down side of this is that we will be letting go of around 8,000 entry level employees from our Indian branches. Of course as branch executives you will not be affected however you will be responsible for coming up with a shortlist of names from each of your respective branches.  I would hope for a hundred percept backing from you all.  You all have 24 hrs to make any considerations you need to the decision will be made tomorrow morning.

Loss of 8,000 jobs is what caught Khushis attention, a thousand of which she was in charge of, and she would have to pick the names of those hard working individuals  who would be out of a job for  no fault of their own.  He knew it would bother her, his odd glances towards her made her feel all that more aware. As avoided his eye contacted and looked around the table the seven remaining executives apart from her seemed to either love the idea or were too afraid to say otherwise but not her she didn't like this she didn't like the idea of having to let go of innocent hard working members of staff just so they could add a few million more to the billions they already had.

As the meeting came to a close Khushi could feel his eyes upon her but she deferred from looking at him he wasn't going to pressurize her into making a decision that she had decided already but knew he was already having the unwanted impact on her. She got up from the table and like all other board members walked out of the room taking care as to avoid any further confrontation with him on the matter, she needed time to think things over for herself.

As Khushi's fellow executives who had travelled from all around the country gathered in one corner of the office where tea and coffee was being served it was a custom after all board meetings.  It gave staff a chance to share opinions and plan ahead but Khushi was in no mood for discussing her mindset with anyone. Her mind  was already a battlefield, her heart wanted to go against this proposal of his for it was going to endanger the lively hood of many employees but  her mind well her mind was wary of  what going against his wishes could do to their relationship on a personal level. When a colleague happened to ask for her opinion Khushi at first was hesitant but then decided to speak her mind unaware that Arnav Singh Raizada was walking past and his ears were  a little more tailored towards her than others.

"Hame lagta hai ke yey bohot hein ghud gars aur amaanviya faisla hai.."  ("I think it's a very selfish and inhumane move.")

Her eyes catching on him for a moment Khushi very much aware that she had just welcomed his wrath with open arms yet she met his cold gaze momentarily even so. He walked past her with a number of other senior members of AR who had heard her words too and ASR was livid to say the least yet he overlooked it for now anyway.

Maybe selfish' was too stronger word to use after all  but it was impossible to take it back now, he was probably brewing in anger right now she thought. It was too late she couldn't let that get the better of her.  She would face the situation and him when she was faced with it but now she was home she was going to leave that part of her life at the door.   Khushi returned home to Raizada mansion, her day ended earlier than ASR's and purposely so. As well as taking pride in her career Khushi gave her family life importance too. As soon as her working day at AR was over with she stepped back into the role of a daughter in law for her family and a wife to her husband.

She loved being at home as much as she loved working, naniji  per usual was sat with her cup of tea at the sofas per her daily routine and broke into a smile as soon as she saw Khushi. Even though things were pretty much the same every day, Nanis smile and her warmth at seeing Khushi never changed.

"Khushi bitya aagayi aap..!  aaj aap ka din kaisa raaha office mein..?"

Khushi passed a weak smile she loved nani she might not have been her maternal grandmother but she was much more. In fact she never got the feeling she was talking to her in laws they were like her very own family and it meant Khushi didn't miss her parents all that much however mamiji was sometimes one to throw some mother-in-law type sarcasm and dadi but thankfully she  hadn't been back home for some time now. How she would have loved to confess her feelings about today today to nani how compromised she felt between her heart and mind but she just smiled. Khushi never spoke of work related matters to the family. Instead like all other days she left to freshen up and get her self out of her office avatar.  She walked into the room, dropping her bag on the bed she walked towards the dressing table mirror and looked at her reflection for a moment. Dressed very formally in a crisp white blouse and a black skirt her appearance was very different what was natural to her. She preffered her churidar dresses she looked forward to this time of the day when she could shower and get back into a more comfortable attire although she had become accustomed to this formal attire it would never be the same.

Usually she was very fast paced, she would drop everything head to the shower, change and be down in no time but today she seemed to be a little perplexed maybe  at what had gone on  in the office bothered her subconsciously.

As she stood in front of the mirror she seemed to recall vivid moments of the past..

Flashback

She felt his arms circle her waist and his lips trail her neckline caressing her skin and instinctively closed her eyes at the sensation.  He was back from work.  "Aap ka din kaisa raha? " (How was your day?) she asked in a very wifely tone and he replied with a relieved sigh " It just got a whole lot better" Looking up into the mirror a glance she wondered if this was now the right time to mention it.  She had thought about how she would bring it up but he seemed to be already know which made Khushi feel a little more at ease but equally unsure of how he would react.   "I don't remember you telling me about applying for a job at AR." His words were spoken into the crux of her neck , not taking his attention away from the foreplay. Khushi opening her eyes watching him still indulge in her a little embarrassed replied looking into the mirror a glance or two whilst he continued with is ways. "I didn't want to come across unprofessional so I went ahead and made the application formally,  I wasn't sure if you would approve.." She could feel him trail his lips lower down her neckline and shoulder pulling down the shoulder of her blouse a little with his finger tips the sensation was becoming all that more unbearable in a pleasurable way of course  but Khushi  tried to remain in control of her senses as he questioned her. "You wish to work again..?"   he paused for a moment and looked  up into the mirror because  at times his wife didn't express her wishes  compromising them for others but he knew if he looked into her eyes then he would be able to read her heart and that never failed.

He knew straight away...even as Khushi was being diplomatic he could see what her heart longed for but she was too conscious of doing the right thing by him  "Agar aap ki ijaasat ho" ("if you don't mind?")

Whilst Khushi looked at him with question ASR looked upon her with composed..

"Have I ever objected to any of your wishes Khushi.."

He rarely ever or never objected to anything Khushi wanted without good reason because Khushi  never asked for anything unreasonable. She smiled at his and replied with apt.  "Hamne kabhi aap ki isjaast ke bina koi fasila bhi toh nahin liyay.. (nor have I made such a move without your consent.)

But both knew that was not true...Khushi was a hurricane back when they had first met..she was his personal assistant one that failed to listen to any of her bosses instructions whilst ASR'S eyes seemed to glow with the thought of those times Khushi got a little embarrassed trying to avoid talking about it any further "Tab ki baat aur thi ab aap hamare pati hai"  (That was different you're my husband now)

ASR liked that..the fact that Khushi reminded her that he was her husband, as he continued where he had left off Khushi could feel him unzip the back of her dress slowly, talking to her as he made slow and seductive progress..  "You'll have to go through formalities, the interview process"

Her husband was very formal and professional when it came to work and see expected nothing less but there was one question to mind.  "Aap honge..?"(will you be the one who..) she wanted to know whether he would be on the interview panel but she didn't know why she asked that question of course he wasn't going to be. He replied with a no' which was followed but a slightly brisk yet gentle move..he turned her around so she was facing him.  "If you get the job things will be different Khushi you understand that don't you?" his eyes were very intent and Khushi knew the implications of his words were important by the way he was looking at her but she was aware and wordlessly accepted that things were bound to change.

End of flashback..

She recalled his words even today he was right things were different very different and It was times like this that Khushi wished  the line between her professional life and personal life wasn't so thin. Just as she began to remove her earnings, shift out of her work shoes and  tie up her hair into a bun she could hear a sound that was very familiar. She knew exactly who it was, although a little unusually early Khushi began to get a very nervous feeling in her stomach, as they seemed to get louder.

It couldn't be she thought  he never returned home this early but it was, he walked into the room the sound of the door opening and shutting not harshly just as it always did..

She stood still in front of the dressing table watching him in the mirror he took a very deep gaze at her for a moment and the way he looked at her made Khushi feel immensely conscious she dropped her eyes for a moment pretending to go about her task  but she only  watched him in the mirror under the pretence. He strolled into the room like he strolled into any other. As if all was his and it was that was the most intimidating part of it even for his wife. The silence was tense and Khushi's heart seemed to beat a little faster a little louder under it. She watched him pull the strands of his tie and throw it to a side, unbutton the top few buttons of his white shirt and then  take of his blazer and discard that to a side too.  It wasn't abnormal for her husband to change his attire after the office day but Khushi was aware that this wasn't normal either. Just as he begins to unfasten the buttons of his waistcoat...a knock at the door is sounded and somewhere Khushis heart is thankful for it. It was a known fact in the house  that as soon as ASR arrived from work he needed a customary drink but not today. Without even letting HP in ASR had asked for them not to be disturbed. He took of his blazer and began unhooking the cufflink of his sleeve when Khushi sounded her question, her eyes on him via the mirror his meeting her gaze the moment she had questioned him. "Why do I feel as if you are here to punish me?"

chaitali12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it's interesting. .
pm me too plss
IPKlover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That is a wonderful start of the story!!! There are a lot of things to be unraveled yet but it will happen soon I guess. I will be writing my opinion about it soon and will PM you as there are a few things going on in my mind about the story ðŸ˜Š
zaniax thumbnail
Very interesting concept...wud love to read more:)
russelskhushi thumbnail
ups... the end sounds scary ... though cant figure out whats going to happen...but ASR keeps threatening khushi even being his wife was unusual... but loved how khushi tackle things... im sure she will teach him a lesson on her own way...  
but i also know that u make ur Arnav head strong but never dark... and thats what i like about all ur work..
Edited by russelskhushi - 9 years ago
navjot7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome starting
i love it
first chapter is nice
waiting for more
thnx for pm