Ek Boond Ishq

Priya Bathija excited about her return to daily soaps with Ebi

mastaTmohi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Priya Bathija excited about her return to daily soaps with Ek Boond Ishq
17 Jun 2014 06:25 PM | TellychakkarTeam

Actress Priya Bathija returns to television after a hiatus with BBC Worldwide Productions' popular show on Life OK, Ek Boond Ishq. She has come in as the very up-market and classy girl, Mannat who happens to be the sister of the grey-shaded Omkar (Ankur Nayyar).
The best part that makes Priya happy is that she does not play the typical nanad in the show, who is all bossy. "The girl will be seen taking care of her bhabhi Sia. She will have a very caring personality, and love her brother a lot. The brother too would dote on her. On the whole, it is an interesting role to pick up, that too after staying away for a long time."
Priya, who was lastly seen essaying the role of Maya in The Buddy Project, states, "Maya too was a very different character. She was an independent woman holding a very high post in life. The best part is that Mannat is very different when compared to Maya."
Priya feels that she was always destined to be part of Ek Boond Ishq. Ask her about it, and she quickly says, "Well, to tell you frankly, I was initially short-listed for the lead Tara's role. However, I could not take it up then due to certain reasons. And now to get back in the same show in a different avatar feels nice."
The actress has been very choosy about the roles that she would take up. Also, she needed a bit of flexibility in terms of travelling. "I can never travel to Mira Road or Naigaon to shoot for a daily. So that way, I was very choosy. I have always been open to TV, and was waiting for something to happen. At the same time, I wanted a bit of flexibility and comfort during my shoot. BBC has been very kind enough that way. They have given me the permission to shoot for my ads side by side. Also, the place of shoot is in the heart of the city, so that is again a comfortable feeling as the travel is less."
Priya who has played a beti, bahu in her shows Khwaish, Kasamh Se, Basera later went on to be part of the mythological show, Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwan Shree Krishn. She now hopes to strike gold with this new role in Ek Boond Ishq.
We wish Priya all the luck!!

Tags > Priya Bathija, return, daily soaps, Ek Boond Ishq, Life OK

,http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/priya-bathija-excited-about-her-return-daily-soaps-ek-boond-ishq-579 Edited by mastaTmohi - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoumiGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She was initially offered tara's role πŸ˜²
I can't imagine anybody other than Chhavi as Tara πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Love Vicha.. No one else accepted in EBI.. NO ONE!!! πŸ˜‘😑
Badtameez_Dil thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

When I read About some selection on Tara's Role...I ws Like
Good Select hui nahi or whatever Reason...πŸ˜†

Chhavi ws Destined to be in Role of Tara
Love Our  MriAra as Vicha

the way everyone new char is being glorified with articles ...i think they wont be that glorified in the show...we know how much all previous char have its own potential but they all were so under-utilizedπŸ€”
Edited by Badtameez_Dil - 9 years ago
M_Nira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank god woh Tara ka role nahi kiya...
Nahi toh hume ViCha nahi milta...
Can't imagine anyone else other than Chhavi as Tar...
So, this behenka naam is Mannat...
Tfs...!!!
Ananya80 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its all raining articles today with new characters in Our Ek boond ishqπŸ˜›
Welcome shelcom EveryoneπŸ€— interesting to read priya was shortlisted for role of Tara .After watching her entry yesterday as a modern classy girl  with no expression(no offence) πŸ˜•i wonder how she would have carried the role of Tara which has soo many shades and The role of Tara  was Just tailor made for Chhavi.Cant imagine anyone playing soo flawlessly with soo many shades as perfect as ChhaviπŸ˜› but thank u for not accepting or else we would have never seen our beautiful vicha as Mriara πŸ˜³ i am sure all this articles are just a PRing and to give a boost to the new actors entering the show other than that i seriously don't see all this characters playing a pivotal role in the show .btw she luks beautiful in the above pic.Thanks for sharing MohiπŸ˜›
Edited by Ananya80 - 9 years ago
SoumiGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ananya80

Its all raining articles today with new characters in Our Ek boond ishqπŸ˜›

Welcome shelcom EveryoneπŸ€— interesting to read priya was shortlisted for role of Tara .After watching her entry yesterday as a modern classy girl  with no expression(no offence) πŸ˜•i wonder how she would have carried the role of Tara which has soo many shades and The role of Tara  was Just tailor made for Chhavi.Cant imagine anyone playing soo flawlessly with soo many shades as perfect as ChhaviπŸ˜› but thank u for not accepting or else we would have never seen our beautiful vicha as Mriara πŸ˜³ i am sure all this articles are just a PRing and to give a boost to the new actors entering the show other than that i seriously don't see all this characters playing a pivotal role in the show .btw she luks beautiful in the above pic.Thanks for sharing MohiπŸ˜›

Right Ananya.. She was pretty expressionless..  Impossible to imagine her as Tara whose character has sooo many dimensions πŸ˜Š
Dilsha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Tfs
Thank god she wasn't selected for Tara's role. No offence but acting wise she wasn't upto the mark in yesterday's rp. I know chhavi had improved with time. But I cNt imagine anyone else as Tara chhavi is perfect for the role. If they had short listed her then they must hav thought about viffy abd her together as MriAra. I hope they won't pair them since we already hav Om as kabab mein haddi I am glad she is married.
As for the sweet nanad I am sure it's an act by the characters who must hav been paid by kala or has an enmity towards Tara or shekhawat family or maybe had a deal with gj or someone and thought of protecting Tara
its-alexandrite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
😲tara ka role???πŸ€ͺ
thank god ki woh nahin kiya...

tfs
Edited by its-alexandrite - 9 years ago
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Priya is nice but she would never have suited Tara's role!!!!πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€”

And she had no expressions on her face!!!!!😳

Sia is not her bhabhi and the best nanad was Vasu!!!!😊 πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š

Yeh toh nanad hai hi nahi balke ek set up hai!!!!😑 πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘

Edited by Shaina_b - 9 years ago
Ananya80 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shaina_b

Priya is nice but she would never have suited Tara's role!!!!πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€”

And she had no expressions on her face!!!!!😳

Sia is not her bhabhi and the best nanad was Vasu!!!!😊 πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š

Yeh toh nanad hai hi nahi balke ek set up hai!!!!😑 πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘

Miss Tara -Vasu-Meeti Bonding The Trio were always Rocking πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ One  of the best bondings i have seen πŸ˜›