Mahabharat

Naming your kids after a character from MB

Soni2496 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi all,
After which character in MB would you name your kid?
Karan, Arjun,Devrath,Nakul,Sahadev are the most common names that I have heard. 
was curious to know if any kids have been named after Draupadi, Kunti and Gandhari

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abhimanyu.. I have not heard of Draupadi. 
richarius thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
No one name this child as draupadi or panchali. They think if they name their kids like that then that child will have to go through suffering like druapsdi so that's why the parents doesn't name their child as draupadi. I don't think anyone ever named their child as draupadi 
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: richarius

No one name this child as draupadi or panchali. They think if they name their kids like that then that child will have to go through suffering like druapsdi so that's why the parents doesn't name their child as draupadi. I don't think anyone ever named their child as draupadi 

and you wouldbe shocked o know that one of he members here is 'Krishnaa' and there are other females named after draupadi (and draupadi) in her family. ðŸ˜†
srishtisingh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I named two nephews of mine as parth and arjun!
Uma90 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I would love to name my kid , Abhimanyu or Arjun ( always liked this name since young) for a girl... I would love to name her Krishnaa 😳 it's very beautiful name !!Edited by Uma90 - 9 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well, you can use ten names of arjun and one thousand names of kanha to choose from.
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Since my childhood I loved the name Arjun for some unjustified reason...
May be because as a kid I always had fascination towards him.
I have a friend who is named as jishnu all the while he thought he was name after Lord Vishnu and recently he realised he was named after mighty Dhananjaya...
And Draupadi my krishu di (a memeber on this forum) is an example...
I have one of my lecturer named Parasati...

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Arjuna is a very used and common name -- so that is why i would go with Partha, Dhananjay, keerti(for a girl), Vibhatsu is very rare but i like that ... and then Vijaya
And afer krishna -- here are so many of his names both for boys and girls
Ananta, Krishna, Abhayasrya,Adhiyajna,Ajaya, Aditya, Ajitya, Amar, kapil, keshav,Madhav, Mayur, Sarthy,Sarvajna,sreshth,shyam, siddhanth

Akshara, Amrita, Aparajita,Dravina, jayanta, kalki, mayura,niranjana,sakshi, Sumedha, Karshni

Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
If I ever had a daughter (It's a long time to go I am only 20 now 😆) I would love to name her Draupadi, Panchali, Krishnaa or from any other name of Draupadi. I mean to say forget the humiliation she went through but she had beauty and virtues she was clam, ferocious, focused, intelligent.
It's really sad that people don't name their daughters by Draupadi's name because she suffered a alot we must look on the good side not the bad one.
Edited by Sanket1 - 9 years ago