Spirituality

Posted: 13 years ago

How materialistic are you...and how spiritual are you......

Does being spiritual only mean bowing to the gods ..is devotion synonymous to spiritualityConfused...So,does it mean a person becomes spiritual only because he/she regularly makes it a point to visit the temple/mosque/church/syngogue etc

In your opinion,what should our final destination of the soul be

DO you believe that God is omnipresent,or is he only at the shrines....IS God inside us too....Ermm

How important is it to follow customs...Does a person become any less good/devotional/spiritual is he/she doesnt celebrate the functions and act according to the customsConfused

WHat role do the priests/preachers/gurujis/swamijis play ..Are they pivotal in connecting all of us to GodConfused,or are they just not needed at all..

Who here believes in astrologyTongue???...Do the planets really play a role in shaping our lives...ConfusedErmm

and finally,what are your thoughts about the so widely spoken about Nirvana....What do you think it is,and how do you think it can be attainedTongue

and I'd be glad even if this post garbers a single responseTongue

0 Likes this
i'll definately answer ur questions buffie.. but for the time being im not able to sit on my chair- im feeling so sleepy Embarrassed ...so.. will answer later Smile
0 Likes this
Phew... Buffie great topic... Clap will probably need rest of my life to answer.

Will let you know when I get there.

Today I have to go the mall, 2morrow to the temple but my goal is to eventualy spend my retirement voluntarying in India. Confused
0 Likes this

really materialistic...LOL bad i know, hmm spiritual...well religiously...like none

i think its done when we die

DO you believe that God is omnipresent,or is he only at the shrines....IS God inside us too....

not sure in god

How important is it to follow customs...Does a person become any less good/devotional/spiritual is he/she doesnt celebrate the functions and act according to the customs

i dont get this question

WHat role do the priests/preachers/gurujis/swamijis play ..Are they pivotal in connecting all of us to GodConfused,or are they just not needed at all..

i think the relation between god and follower is person...no middle man needed

Who here believes in astrologyTongue???...Do the planets really play a role in shaping our lives...ConfusedErmm

don't believe in god, but in astrology...kindaLOL pretty strange i know

and finally,what are your thoughts about the so widely spoken about Nirvana....What do you think it is,and how do you think it can be attainedTongue

hmm...when u help other people

0 Likes this

hmmm nice topic

Edited by cheeky_angel - 13 years ago
0 Likes this
it's not easy to answer and it would take alooooot of time and there might not be one answer to it...
0 Likes this
i'd like to comeback to it later on
0 Likes this
Originally posted by Buffie

i am a very materialistic person, more than i like to admit actually. And yes i am very spiritual.

Does being spiritual only mean bowing to the gods ..is devotion synonymous to spiritualityConfused...So,does it mean a person becomes spiritual only because he/she regularly makes it a point to visit the temple/mosque/church/syngogue etc

Spirituality in my opinion differs from religion. You can be religious but not be spiritual at all. Spirituality is a state of mind that is hard to accept without thinking your religious. Buddism is a great example of spirituality without religion, but people tend to catagorize it as religion because so many people follow it.

If there is another realm in which our soul's destiny is determined then The final destination should definetely be based upon deeds in our human life, i am a strict believer in karma, so i definetely think that punishment for selfish our henious crimes should be punished in the spiritual world.

DO you believe that God is omnipresent,or is he only at the shrines....IS God inside us too....Ermm

I was raised to form my own opinion, so i would have a different opinion than someone who was brought up thinking only one idea is right. But my opinion is that god is omnipresent, he is in everything, in our deeds, our material objects, and also us. Without us, i believe there would be no god. (now that's the atheist statement of the day).

How important is it to follow customs...Does a person become any less good/devotional/spiritual is he/she doesnt celebrate the functions and act according to the customsConfused

This i think relates strongly with the indian need to be "god fearing", if you dont follow customs then you are somehow commiting an omen. But as i said above god is inside all of us and we can please him/her to the extent that we are satisfied. Such as lighting a diya and praying is enough custom for me, and i feel that i have fullfilled my duty, however other's may not.

if its your thing then do it, there is nothing wrong with being taught about god as long as it isnt impossed.

No, i dont believe in astrology, because its like watching the weather channel to know about the weather. You have a fifty fifty chance.

I dont think anyone can attain nirvana fully, again it is how satisfied we feel when we achieve something, i may achieve a just a medium amount of nirvana and feel that it is permenant bliss, but this may not be the case for others. It is in our blood to be materialistic, and only 2-3 people in the entire span of civilization have achieved it (which has been documented), so no i dont aspire to achieve it.

Nirvana is getting less materialistic than you are (whatever that aim may be), and focusing around yourself and the things that make you truly happy.

aww buffy i am always glad to respond to your posts!!!! TongueBig smile

Edited by usachick821 - 13 years ago
0 Likes this