Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Shumii~ thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
personally i got married at the age of 20,thts when i was in college and my husband just started his job.it was my total independent decision though i faced quite a little problem making them undersdand tht marriage is an institution and every adult person has the right to take up the responsibilities whenever they r ready for it,same way if a person is not ready to take up the responsibilities then there is no meaning of such a false relation.there is always got to be faith in a relationship like marriage and it cannot be forced to have faith.I had married the person i like and when i was ready for marriage,at a time even when my husband was not at all finacially well secured.but somehow we worked together i completed my graduation,he has a got a very gud job and alls well on the other hand one of my frnds who is now 26 had been forcifully married to a person,eventhough she never beleived in the institution of marriage,resulting in an early divorce and a scattered life.
~Shumii~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krishana Tulsi

I agree too!!!...need someone in life...

thts only when u feel tht ur readfy to take the responsibilities.
sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nothing wrong in being single but would you not like to have a partner, a friend to be with you always?

we all love LOVE and its more needed when your relatives and friends get into their lives.

you ppl dont want to get married and i m dying to get married (just 22) 😛...strange things!!
NNGAL thumbnail
is the pressure only from your parents???

i think there is pressure from all over... your classmates, colleagues and cousins who are married, your parents' friends, your relatives and your neighbours.

anyone in the mid twenties and not married would definitely come across at least one of the following questions??

1. are you still not married??
2. why aren't you married?
3. don't you think its time that you got married?
4. do you want me to find someone for you???
5. are your parents not agreeing to your choice? .....
(cant remember others 😕 )

i've come across all of these and a lot more.. i've been a constant victim of these questions, just because i am 24 years of age.

i am not against marriage, in fact, i strongly believe in the institution of marriage. my question is

'is marriage not a personal choice? '

everyone has the right to choose when he / she wants to get married.

i cant do anything to change my plight, but i will definitely ask my children as to when they want to get married. 😊