Rangrasiya

Forgiveness is not Mandatory

reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Hellooo Everyone!
I hope you're doing well and enjoying a great day.

Now, I'm not too sure where the debate will stand and where things will go but this is the way *I* personally see it.

Rudra owes his mother nothing.
Not compassion. 
Not love. 
Not empathy.
Not Forgiveness.

We all know where this convoluted track is going: towards reconcilation, where Paro will attempt to bridge their gap- that's just the way Indian tellywood works, but that in my book is not realistic and definately not something I personally as a child would ever do it I was in his shoes.

The issue is that Rudra is obviously still emotionally invested in his mother: Hate and Anger can only occur when there was an positive emotional corrolation with the object of that anger. Love and Hate are still emotions, very volotial and powerful- they can be all consuming. 

Some will argue that forgiveness makes one a better person. Hate the sin not the sinner etc. I disagree. Forgive and forget is not in my vernacular. I may forget YOU but I will not FORGIVE you. That's just not how I operate, and I think most characters should pick up on that trend.

Forgiveness is not Mandatory. 
Somethings are unforgivable; those who are capable of forgiving those unforgivable things- Kudos to you, you're obviously a better person than I could ever be, but in this case I must insist to Rudra:

Don't forgive her. 

To Dilsher: 
Don't forgive her.

Find your happiness without her, you've lived too long stewing over her motives, crying for her, feeling pain and you've FINALLY started living, FINALLY started loving. BOTH Dilsher and Rudra are finally MOVING FORWARD. And this whole case of Forgive make amense etc is two step backwards.

Forget her. both of you- simply Forget her. 

Forgiveness does not equate to being more happy, IMO, it takes the burden off of the sinner that is for sure, but it doesn't change anything. Some relationships cannot be mended, time if anything makes the wound deeper to where it's simply better to cut of that limb rather than waiting for it to heal: because it can't. Time has only festered that wound, making it more painful, infecting it and to the point where you'd rather it be gone because it will NEVER go back to the place it was before, and it will NEVER serve another purpose in your life.

Edited by reeha...k - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Reeha a very well written post. Exactly my thoughts.

Maala does not deserve an ounce of empathy, irrespective of whatever her reasons had been. Its a petty act, it will be a petty act and desire if we hope or ask Rudra to forgive her. He has not even able to forget her, the wounds she gave him is not restricted to his heart only, the only physical wound that left a lifetime scar on his forehead, everytime he sees his own reflection in the mirror, that reminds him of the bully, the wrath, the cruelity of his own parents, of this world.  The magnitude of humilition which he tolerated has no measure.

It is great when we tend to forget and may be forgive, but its not mandatory that you do both simultaneously. Dilsher still hopes that one day his son will call him " dad " instead of calling him Ranawat, that hope will be once again killed, Rudra hoped, desired to move on and love somebody , give her so much love that he never imagined to do, but that hope and desire is on rocks again. 
They suffered for 15 years, it cannot be their ill fate that they have been put into for another major devastation once again, Maala does not deserve so much from their lives, they gave her their 15 years, Rudra gave her his childhood, his adolescence, and he deserves to live his manhood, she has no rights to destruct him like that and more when she has some very close bond with his wife.
Unfortunately its a hindi show and we know how Paro will be siding with Maala, but that brings much more life to this whole fiasco, let Rudra once again fight alone and conquer , if his forgives Maala then great, victory of Maala that she has produced an angelic son and if he cannot forgive then justified.

Lastly, Paro can go and tend Maala as much as she can and wils to do so, she can go and give Maala the emotional strength too, but its wrong of her if she goes to Rudra and asks him to confront Maala, that too this fast. Ofcourse she does not realize that she asked him for his dad's dignity, his own dignity, she asked a major in the army to make peace with a criminal's wife, he definitely does not owe anything to Maala. 
Edited by DexterRocks - 9 years ago
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res ! Will unres later! Busy rite now
prettypri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Agree with you...!
However as this is a daily soap quite obviously Mala would have to be absolved and live with get son and husband!
The main reason why I think she shouldn't be forgiven...irrespective of why she left...she said that her son became higher in priority aft she came to know of Tejawats truth!! That's unforgivable!
And she is returning home as it were only because tbe guy she went away for turned out to be a traitor!

So even if she explains her reasons for closure that's all it will be...I don't think Rudra can realistically completely forgive her and g back to he he was with her before she went away!

And frankly I don't think Paro can or should attempt to really bridge the gap...she wasn't a part of his life when that traumatic incident happened and honestly she is biased towards Mala because of her own connection with her! So gven this it would be better if she supported Rudra in whatever decision he takes!
preetal thumbnail
I understand you POV...but do you think they will dare to go that route?!
Coz for me at this point am just wondering ONE possible reason she left them...the reason that is valid...and I could NOT think of any...

Maybe the significance of PARO in RUDRAs life...is to undo his pain...the pain he has been holding for sooo long...basically completing the chap...and then The story teller knows what next...

But the one thing I noticed...Paro told him to go talk/ask/get angry at Mala...and in his drunk state that's what he did...he listens to her...๐Ÿ˜›
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ Standing ovation to you . Can you please send the link to Gautam Hegde ? I am not on twitter otherwise I would have done it.
asmi279 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So true..he doesnt owe anything to her..not forgiveness, not sympathy..

I m so upset with her..ok, I cn accept that may be life wid dilsher ws nt easy, she hd to leave, cdnt take rudra with her..ok..but to live without even trying to see her son once in 15 yrs?? Chup chupke bhi nahin! U hv no idea hw he looks like? U wdnt recognize him if he walked past u? U were so blissful in ur own world, that u didnt think fr 15 yrs wat d poor child must b gng thru? Nw that ur bubble hs bursted, u think shayad maine galti kar di? Shayad? Ab yaad aaya kitna tadpa hoga, tarsa hoga?

sorry baisas, I knw I m ranting n being judgemental prematurely, bt aaj ke epi ke baad cdnt control..she definitely doesnt deserve his forgiveness..
bt still paro wl try to make him reconcile wid mala..bcoz she's his wife..she knows wat the poison of hatred does to him..mala doesnt deserve forgiveness, yet paro wl insist on it fr his sake..so he cn heal n move on..so excited to see the track play out :)
reeha_k thumbnail
Originally posted by: prettypri

Agree with you...!

However as this is a daily soap quite obviously Mala would have to be absolved and live with get son and husband!
The main reason why I think she shouldn't be forgiven...irrespective of why she left...she said that her son became higher in priority aft she came to know of Tejawats truth!! That's unforgivable!
And she is returning home as it were only because tbe guy she went away for turned out to be a traitor!

So even if she explains her reasons for closure that's all it will be...I don't think Rudra can realistically completely forgive her and g back to he he was with her before she went away!

And frankly I don't think Paro can or should attempt to really bridge the gap...she wasn't a part of his life when that traumatic incident happened and honestly she is biased towards Mala because of her own connection with her! So gven this it would be better if she supported Rudra in whatever decision he takes!

I know, the Daily soap track just means that forgiveness WILL happen come hell or high water๐Ÿ˜† Hell, Dilsher might even take her back- that wouldn't be too far off for Indian Tellywood๐Ÿคข

Completely agree with you: Whatever her reason for leaving, whoever was involved in her leaving there is NO excuse for her to not have contact with her son and meet him; and there is NO justification in only "remembering" her son when she finds out how terrible Tejawat is. That's not how it works. You don't just get to pick and choose when you want to be a parent because it's conveient to YOUR life. Make the choice: stick around or go away- they're not a toy you can return, exchange or hide in a closet while you're busy with your life ๐Ÿ˜ก.

@ the Last point: Correct. Paro should simply look at it this way: IF Rudra wants to meet/confront his mom: He will do it. You cannot expect him to simply meet her for the sake of "it's bound to happen" Think back to that broken boy on the bus. The one you threw your precious doll too. He wasn't just like that because his ice-cream dropped. It was an event that changed his life and changed him. Focus on HEALING him. Focus on LOVING him. Everything else is not your job as of yet. Everything else DOES NOT MATTER IN COMPARISON.

I can't even fault Paro for this, this is just the way we know the CVs are going to approach this whole thing 
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: prettypri

Agree with you...!

You are bang on. Yes Paro should stay away from this but watching the way she behaved today & going by the June promo , we know this isn't going to happen & this would be the biggest drawback of the show for me. This would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth.
reeha_k thumbnail
Originally posted by: preetal

I understand you POV...but do you think they will dare to go that route?!

Coz for me at this point am just wondering ONE possible reason she left them...the reason that is valid...and I could NOT think of any...

Maybe the significance of PARO in RUDRAs life...is to undo his pain...the pain he has been holding for sooo long...basically completing the chap...and then The story teller knows what next...

But the one thing I noticed...Paro told him to go talk/ask/get angry at Mala...and in his drunk state that's what he did...he listens to her...๐Ÿ˜›

He does listen to her oddly enough ๐Ÿ˜†.

I do agree with you, there is a constant theme in this show where Paro is in Rudra's life to undo his pain. However, I just wish we don't get this cliche where she has to undo the event or reconcile the event. 

She should Heal HIM. She should love HIM. She shouldn't be out to mend a bridge where there is none because it was burned a while ago. 

Unfortunately, I think we will see this regardless. It's unavoidable because these Indian Soaps have a Standard Operating procedure and "Forgiving" the crime is ALWAYS one of them ๐Ÿค”