Rangrasiya

RRunning Into a Brick Wall EDIT

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Today, the CVs gave us a Rudra who'd finally decided to stop running from his past, from his emotions, from himself, and was taking baby steps towards a happy future, when he ran into a brick wall he hadn't seen coming up.

It had all started so well. He'd arranged for Bhabhisa to accompany him to pick a Mangalsutra for Paro. And she'd agreed to send Paro to the BSD HQ at five o' clock so he could give it to her in private.

And if he needed any convincing that his timing was right, he got it when he entered his room. When he stepped in and saw Paro lift the curtain of her hair and drape it over one shoulder, baring her delicate neck while she tried and failed to disentangle the thread Mangalsutra from her blouse dori and complained under her breath about it.

There would be no complaints after this evening. Nor even now if he could help it. And without conscious thought his hands relieved themselves of the bags, and his feet led him to stand before her as she tried, eyes closed, to find without luck the ends of the thread.

So he'd relieved her of the task. Stroked his hands around her neck, under hers, as he effortlessly found the ends. She'd opened her eyes at his first touch and raised them to his at the slow caress. So that he could see his effect on her. In her eyes that were drawn to his for a moment before they fell, in her hands that dropped away. And he'd moved in.

Stepped into her, his fingers just brushing the satin of her neck, eyes hooded, and head cocked at the perfect slant. His face impossibly close to hers, feeling the silk of her freshly-washed hair, he'd closed the gap by fractions. So that he'd breathed in her essence and enveloped her in his heat, abraded the sensitive skin at the nape of her neck with his callused fingertips, grazed the softness of her face with the stubble on his jaw, tightened the thread around her neck so that she felt the merest whisper of sensation shiver over her skin, and squeezed her eyes shut against its flick.

He'd become intoxicated by her as she had been overpowered by him. So that moving away was as intolerable as staying in place. The strain showing in both their faces, in his fingers that protested the imminent deprivation by tangling in her tresses as they smoothed them behind her ear, in his eyes that flicked from her clouded eyes to her mouth, even as hers returned the compliment. Which was when, as she came to her senses, Paro broke off contact.

But he knew he'd been on the right track, when, despite stepping away, she hadn't really wanted him to go. Had manufactured excuses to hold on to him. Until she'd run out of them. So he'd given in to what they both wanted and walked up to her to bracket her in with his body as he asked her to think up her excuse. And she'd admitted her brain didn't dare function when he looked at her like that.

He had everything going for him. And just to make doubly sure he'd waited until she was ensconced in his office, because it had all started here, before he rehearsed his speech. He'd practiced, closeted in the cell that had once held her, while he looked at her through the one-way mirror and bared his heart.

He'd told her how he'd been running for the last fifteen years ever since he'd first left Chandangarh with Bapusa to go to Jaipur. And then, after he'd joined the BSD, he'd run from posting to posting until running became a habit. Because when he was running there was no time to think. And if he didn't think it wouldn't hurt.

He'd confessed her impact on him. How she'd come into his life and turned it upside down. He'd run from her and she'd stopped him. When he didn't stop she ran with him. Wouldn't let him go. Even though he'd fought. Fought himself, his heart, his emotions. And had lost and yet found his defeat sweet. He wanted to stop running, fighting himself, and take a breath. He wanted to live.

Then he'd led up to his proposal: would she stand by him? Make their relationship a reality. He'd pulled out the Mangalsutra he'd just bought for her and held it out in both his hands, and proposed to her. Pleaded that she wear it, forget the past and accept him. Because she'd changed him the Jallad, the stone, to a man who loved her. Very much. His voice had broken with emotion that trickled down his face. That brought him to lean against the mirror as he had once before in anguish, his life ripped apart by a bereaved mother's curse. Only, this time, joy and peace awaited on the other side. If only he had the courage to confess his feelings to her.

So he composed himself and burst into his office determined to actually propose properly. That's when, it all started going wrong. Paro was alarmed - she thought something was wrong with him, wanted to touch him. Which he absolutely daren't let her do. And when he shooed her away, she wouldn't stop looking at him as if he was all that mattered to her. And when he admonished her, she told him it was the truth. So he shushed her more fiercely than he intended, and then launched into his speech double speed and with none of the feeling he'd imbued it with earlier.

In short, he made a shambles of it. So he closed his eyes and started again. Slowly this time, and with feeling. He told her that he'd been a different man before she came into his life - a man who kept running from his past, his life. Then she had come into his life. And now he didn't want to run anymore. 

But what he wanted to do Rudra never got around to telling Paro, because the shadow of his past, which he thought had faded out of his life forever; the absolute last interruption he'd envisaged; fell over his future. His mother, who'd abandoned him and Bapusa and run away fifteen years back, and was the reason he'd been running ever since, had returned just as he took his first steps away from his past into his future. Rudra had run into a brick wall!

Today the CVs gave us a superlative episode. A heady cocktail of romance, humour, drama, tragedy and one that blended seamlessly. Many loops were closed - the Mangalsutra tying and the one-way mirror for Rudra and the cell for Paro. Rudra's confession was spelt out (for the viewers). The story came to a key turning point, with the romance building to a proposal, and being stopped in its tracks (for the moment) with Mala's entry.The repercussions will unfold tomorrow and thereafter.

Today all the key elements in serial-making came together harmoniously. There was depth and consistency in script, and a couple of noteworthy twists that kept us guessing. Raghuvir Shekhawat was in his element with some sharp dialogues. Screenplay was brilliant. The episode was well paced. Nothing jarred. And the background score was unintrusive and apt.

Acting-wise a superb performance by Ashish and Sanaya. The chemistry was just as scorching as we'd expected. The humour heart-warming. And the drama restrained. A truly fine performance tonight. And one that deserves a standing ovation especially for Ashish who had the lion's share of the lines today. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ to them and to the rest of the cast that ably supported them.

Looking forward to some heavy-duty drama tomorrow!

Guys, Smitar has agreed to share her brilliant insights in a proper Episode Analysis whenever she can on this thread. And the first one is out in Smitar's inimitable style on Page 2. 107886954 

Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Snoowfall thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
You give out the best reviews, glad we get to read them...
VancouverBC thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very well said.

Ashish was so good. Loved the humour. His practise speech was so touching. Then he had to mess it up in front of Paro! That was super acting. Loved every minute of it.

Tomorrow Part II of Rangrasiya will begin.
dipali13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Very beautiful post...[B][/B]
samirao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ‘ FAB review u r sooo good with words 
Very well written analysis of today's epi 
Love it 

Although I was sad cuz of decrease TRP 
But u r review made me grin 

Edited by samirao - 9 years ago
antiquegold thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sabs, you wonderful wonderful woman! You gave us the slow burn, the scorch, the aniticipation, with your razor sharp focus on what mattered in the episode! A lot of us, including Vicky were pissed off and distracted by the shabby editing, and I think, really upset at the contrived delay, no matter that they filled it with close ups of the hottest man and woman on television! 
Sometimes, one must be like Arjun... See only the eye of the bird, not anything else, because we will miss the essence of it. I will still say though that the tech team did their damnable best to make us the viewers totally fed up! 

If Rudra is true to character though, he will find a way to let Paro know and give her the mangalsutra, or else his damsel in shining armour, Mythili will sigh to herself and help them out again! 

I cannot wait to see Mohinis face when Maala jeeja returns! ๐Ÿ˜‰
spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Sabs, 

"Everytime I try to move ahead, my past rears it's ugly head and stops me in my tracks!!" he couldn't have been more correct...Mala comes back and he is forced to retreat. The only consolation, there is someone who will fight tooth and nail to pull him out of that pit..this time, he is not alone. His beacon of light will lead him out of that dark tunnel this time...He thought he had moved past it, and was about to tell her the same,,,look I can try. And it was a struggle for him to verbalize what he felt...but he tried...I want to give this a shot...And in comes Mala, as if to challenge him, can you really!?

Poor Rudra, could his mother have chosen a worse moment to come back? If you look at it from Rudra's immediate point of view of where he is at this moment in time and the frame of mind...her return seems selfish, because her sheer presence has seemingly robbed him of peace of mind just like her departure had done fifteen years ago. 

But from a story perspective, this is the right moment for the mother to return to their lives, especially now when he is ready to give his relationship to Paro everything...and wants to live. But can he, fully? With that unresolved past? So in comes Mala to set it straight...he may be in pain today but it will pave the way to his freedom...from the past. I am looking forward to this journey.

Thank you Bugs, for writing. To borrow your words from the previous thread, no pressures, but do share your thoughts as and when you can.

smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Nayana21

Awesome post๐Ÿ˜Š

TVBug, you are here today! Hum dhanya ho gaye. The description of the dori daaling...sorry, tying scene...where is water when I want it? Ooo...

Paro's Major Saab is a fraud, all moustache and attitude with BSD juniors and soft as butter with his bhabhisa. His "M...mangalsutra" and "Chalegi mere saath?" reminded me of a nursery kid. And his bhabhisa so easily slipped in to the maternal role she was born to play. Like Paro, she too has read him by now. She can read his silence and his stammered requests. This knowledge gives her the courage to be herself before him, thoda naughty, bahut happy.

TVBUg, Maithili deserves a roomful of children. An army of them. She would be like a pig in clover.

If Major Saab could have burned the samaan with his teesri aankh, he would have. The luggage satyanaashed his chances of some romance and nullified the issmaal step he had taken towards consummashun. This Paro has a terribly inconvenient memory, I tell you. Who will think about samaan when such maal is standing just inches away from you and ghooring you? She is a specimen. I am glad there is only one of her or homo sapiens would have gone extinct by now!

Loved the flustered Major who wants to go to kaam with bhabhisa, and that too on his day off. "Aap mhare ko aise dekhenge to majaal mhari dimaag ki jo kaam kar jaaye," Paro said and all of us nodded vigorously in agreement. And he loved it too if his smile and the glint in his eyes were any indication. Ahem... But what to do, what to do? Paro remembered the dawai and that was it! Satyanash!

Liked the surprise the CVs gave us of the mirror between them as Rudra exposed his heart and his feelings while Paro stood clueless on the other side. Shayiri and gaana are beyond him, he says, maybe remembering Paro's fondness for his phillum ka hero look.

Loved the growth of character in Rudra. Now he has a fair understanding of what he is, what he was, why he had become a Jallad, what he had been doing for 15 years etc. "I was running for 15 years," he says. That is exactly what he had been doing. Running from the disgrace his mother had brought upon the family, running from the snide remarks of the society, running from his pain and sense of loss...

Ek kostin, TVBug. A bada waala kostin.

Ahem..Let's do some maths. Banna is 28 now, right? His mummy ran away 15 years back. He must have been 13 then. So he left Chandangarh for Jaipur at the age of 13. Theek he, bhai.

Then he went to Delhi, BSD mein bharti hone keliye. How old do you have to be to join the army? 18?

Then training in Delhi. Uske baad waapis Jaipur posting par. He must have taken up with Laila then, when he was 20 (aath saal, har raat).

"Phir ek jagah se doosri jagah, ek posting se doosri posting, bas bhaag hi raha tha..." says Banna. So my kostin ijj this. If aath saal, har raat is the truth and not Banna's boast, was Laila shifting residence with him, following him across the country/ Rajasthan like a camp follower? She couldn't have lived with him in his quarters. So had he arranged accommodation for her near his camps? Or had she set up her kotta near the military camps? TVBug, my eyes are filled with tears thinking of Laila's sacrifice of a fixed residence and her chasing of Banna from camp to post, lugging her collection of choodi behind her.

When he tried to run from Paro, she stopped him. When he didn't stop, she ran after him. When he increased his speed to rival that of Usain Bolt, Paro "peecha nahi choda mera. Jaane nahi diya mujhe." Paro's zidd has made him pagal. What about Laila, Banna? She is driving all of us wild with her facial contortions. You have bad taste, Rudra Pratap Ranawat. Couldn't you have picked a woman who was less violent, who didn't have the tenacity of a bull dog for a lover? I am sure there was no shortage of women in Jaipur. Ab bhugto. And if you look at it dispassionately, Laila's chasing skills are better than Paro's, Major Saab. Aaath saal ki experience tells.

BTW that mangalsutra is beautiful! Haiyye! When will Paro & we get to see it again? I hope the mangalsutra does not change its shape by the time it lands around Paro's neck, as mangalsutras have been known to do.

As someone on the forum very aptly put it, Mummy Returns. The scene of Paro hugging Mala sent shivers down my spine. Rudra's past has merged with his present. This is going to shape his future and the process is going to be painful. But Rudra is never going to be able to lead a full life till he deals with the Mala kaand of his life. So this has to happen. We have to sit through the ghoosa and the rona-dhona till the issue is resolved.

What are Rudra's feelings towards Mala? Hatred for leaving him. Hatred for leaving Dilshu. Hatred for bringing shame to the family. Hatred for having spoiled his childhood and his life. And an intense love and need for her that can make this adult bawl like a baby. He hasn't gotten over being abandoned by her. Maybe the next few days will tell us why Mala left (if there is any other reason than the attraction of Thakursa's brows).

I hope the CVs keep her gray. Rudra is not perfect. He is a flawed individual who has idealistic notions of & expectations from others. Maybe dealing with a selfish lady like his Mummy will make him realise that the perceptions of a child may not be correct, that he had placed his mother on a pedestal she didn't deserve, that he had wasted his life crying over a woman who didn't deserve this kind of devotion. Or that his mother was not all bad, not all wrong, that her disappearance had a reason behind it. If he does not resolve this issue, Paro will never be able to be his wife. She will have to be his mother, always.

When Mala left, Rudra was alone, helpless. Today he has Paro, Mythili, Kakusa, Dilshu, Aman...and maybe Samrat with him. I am eager to see how these people respond to the threat of Mala. One thing though. Paro has seen the devastation that Mala's elopment caused in Rudra's life, in Dilshu's life. She has seen the extent of pain Mala caused to Rudra. "Kat gaya poora, andar tak," was what he had told her. I hope she does not go the 'Mala is right, Accept Mala, Mala is your mother, Mala was in love with Teju, Mala is your khoon, Bring Mala home to the haveli that is now more a dharmsala than a home anyway, Keep Mala with you and give her your brand of personal protection from Teju' etc route and instead is sensitive to Rudra's feelings and gives him time to face, accept &  handle the tsunami that has just knocked him off his feet and floored him.

I would love to know why Mala left Dilshu, TVBug. Was he employed? Did he lose his leg before marriage or after it? Was it a love marriage? How did he lose his leg? Did Mohini bring about Mala's elopment? So many questions. I hope CVs take the time to answer them and we don't rush through this track too.

Last kostin, TVBug. Rromance kab milega?

Edited by smitar - 9 years ago
dipali13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tvbug2011

Today, the CVs gave us a Rudra who'd finally decided to stop running from his past, from his emotions, from himself, and was taking baby steps towards a happy future, when he ran into a brick wall he hadn't seen coming up.

It had all started so well. He'd arranged for Bhabhisa to accompany him to pick a Mangalsutra for Paro. And she'd agreed to send Paro to the BSD HQ at five o' clock so he could give it to her in private.

And if he needed any convincing that his timing was right, he got it when he entered his room. When he stepped in and saw Paro lift the curtain of her hair and drape it over one shoulder, baring her delicate neck while she tried and failed to disentangle the thread Mangalsutra from her blouse dori and complained under her breath about it.

There would be no complaints after this evening. Nor even now if he could help it. And without conscious thought his hands relieved themselves of the bags, and his feet led him to stand before her as she tried, eyes closed, to find without luck the ends of the thread.

So he'd relieved her of the task. Stroked his hands around her neck, under hers, as he effortlessly found the ends. She'd opened her eyes at his first touch and raised them to his at the slow caress. So that he could see his effect on her. In her eyes that were drawn to his for a moment before they fell, in her hands that dropped away. And he'd moved in.

Stepped into her, his fingers just brushing the satin of her neck, eyes hooded, and head cocked at the perfect slant. His face impossibly close to hers, feeling the silk of her freshly-washed hair, he'd closed the gap by fractions. So that he'd breathed in her essence and enveloped her in his heat, abraded the sensitive skin at the nape of her neck with his callused fingertips, grazed the softness of her face with the stubble on his jaw, tightened the thread around her neck so that she felt the merest whisper of sensation shiver over skin, and squeezed her eyes shut against its flick.

He'd become intoxicated by her as she had been overpowered by him. So that moving away was as intolerable as staying in place. The strain showing in both their faces, in his fingers that protested the imminent deprivation by tangling in her tresses as they smoothed them behind her ear, in his eyes that flicked from her clouded eyes to her mouth, even as hers returned the compliment. Which was when, as she came to her senses, Paro broke off contact.

But he knew he'd been on the right track, when, despite stepping away, she hadn't really wanted him to go. Had manufactured excuses to hold on to him. Until she'd run out of them. So he'd given in to what they both wanted and walked up to her to bracket her in with his body as he asked her to think up her excuse. And she'd admitted her brain didn't dare function when he looked at her like that.

He had everything going for him. And just to make doubly sure he'd waited until she was ensconced in his office, because it had all started here, before he rehearsed his speech. He'd practiced, closeted in the cell that had once held her, while he looked at her through the one-way mirror and bared his heart.

He'd told her how he'd been running for the last fifteen years ever since he'd first left Chandangarh with Bapusa to go to Jaipur. And then, after he'd joined the BSD, he'd run from posting to posting until running became a habit. Because when he was running there was no time to think. And if he didn't think it wouldn't hurt.

He'd confessed her impact on him. How she'd come into his life and turned it upside down. He'd run from her and she'd stopped him. When he didn't stop she ran with him. Wouldn't let him go. Even though he'd fought. Fought himself, his heart, his emotions. And had lost and yet found his defeat sweet. He wanted to stop running, fighting himself, and take a breath. He wanted to live.

Then he'd led up to his proposal: would she stand by him? Make their relationship a reality. He'd pulled out the Mangalsutra he'd just bought for her and held it out in both his hands, and proposed to her. Pleaded that she wear it, forget the past and accept him. Because she'd changed him the Jallad, the stone, to a man who loved her. Very much. His voice had broken with emotion that trickled down his face. That brought him to lean against the mirror as he had once before in anguish, his life ripped apart by a bereaved mother's curse. Only, this time, joy and peace awaited on the other side. If only he had the courage to confess his feelings to her.

So he composed himself and burst into his office determined to actually propose properly. That's when, it all started going wrong. Paro was alarmed - she thought something was wrong with him, wanted to touch him. Which he absolutely daren't let her do. And when he shooed her away, she wouldn't stop looking at him as if he was all that mattered to her. And when he admonished her, she told him it was the truth. So he shushed her more fiercely than he intended, and then launched into his speech double speed and with none of the feeling he'd imbued it with earlier.

In short, he made a shambles of it. So he closed his eyes and started again. Slowly this time, and with feeling. He told her that he'd been a different man before she came into his life - a man who kept running from his past, his life. Then she had come into his life. And now he didn't want to run anymore. 

But what he wanted to do Rudra never got around to telling Paro, because the shadow of his past, which he thought had faded out of his life forever; the absolute last interruption he'd envisaged; fell over his future. His mother, who'd abandoned him and Bapusa and run away fifteen years back, and was the reason he'd been running ever since, had returned just as he took his first steps away from his past into his future. Rudra had run into a brick wall!

Today the CVs gave us a superlative episode. A heady cocktail of romance, humour, drama, tragedy and one that blended seamlessly. Many loops were closed - the Mangalsutra tying and the one-way mirror for Rudra and the cell for Paro. Rudra's confession was spelt out (for the viewers). The story came to a key turning point, with the romance building to a proposal, and being stopped in its tracks (for the moment) with Mala's entry.The repercussions will unfold tomorrow and thereafter.

Today all the key elements in serial-making came together harmoniously. There was depth and consistency in script, and a couple of noteworthy twists that kept us guessing. Raghuvir Shekhawat was in his element with some sharp dialogues. Screenplay was brilliant. The episode was well paced. Nothing jarred. And the background score was unintrusive and apt.

Acting-wise a superb performance by Ashish and Sanaya. The chemistry was just as scorching as we'd expected. The humour heart-warming. And the drama restrained. A truly fine performance tonight. And one that deserves a standing ovation especially for Ashish who had the lion's share of the lines today. ๐Ÿ‘ to them and to the rest of the cast that ably supported them.

Looking forward to some heavy-duty drama tomorrow!

wow what a great way to describe today's episode๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ u r master of word must sayโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธthe way u put all together๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and as always Ashish & Sanayaโญ๏ธ thanks for great post๐Ÿ˜ณ
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
May be i am in a depressed mood, or yesterday episode was crappy, it did not sit well with me. Shouldn't it be paro in the interrogation room and rudra in the office, because the one way mirror works that way? 

And the romantic scene between Paro and Rudra in the bedroom wasn't romantic. Was is because it was rushed, or actors did not put their 100%, or the scipt was bad, or the way it was shot was bad, or it was rushed...? Dunno which. 

One thing that came to my mind was, even though Rabba Veys in You-Know-What serial were painfully dragged, they never failed to deliver the desired effect... 

Sorry for being so crappy, everyone. Extra sorry if my comment ruined your moods ๐Ÿค”
Edited by aruni50218 - 9 years ago