How fair is the Duckworth-Lewis method ??

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

After seeing Sachin back in his swashbuckling form today,I was so heartened😛...But DARN😭,the match was washed out,and West Indies was declared the winners by the Duckworth-Lewis method

How fair is this method

This is really heartbreaking, though our bowlers should take the blame. They simply gave away too many runs. 😡 Unfortunately for Sachin, this inings will get added to the list of matched where India lost despite Sachin's century and his critics will get one more chance to demean him. But this only illustrates the fact that Cricket is a team game and unless everyone performs the team will find it extremely difficult to win.

Pehle to D/L method 25 overs ke baad applicable hota thaa, ab 20 overs ho hayaa hai kya? 😕

Edit: The fact that we are losing despite Sachin's century shows that others ain't fulfilling their roles efficiently, what more do people expect Sachin to do now? Take wickets too....why do then we have Bowlers in our team?

Edited by SolidSnake - 17 years ago
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Unfortunately for Sachin, this inings will get added to the list of matched where India lost despite Sachin's century and his critics will get one more chance to demean him.

awwww...I know..poor Sachin...His century lost all the sheen,and another reason for his detractors to say"Whenever Sachin plays well,India loses"🤢

We have bahanaas ready for every situation... 😆

1. If we lose few matched after a break then the reason given is that players are rusty and with time they'll be back in form.

2. Lekin we keep losing matched, next standard reply is we didn't play upto our potential, lets give credit to the other team.

3. Many more matches but we keep on losing. Ohh boys have got tired after playing so many matched, they need rest.

😆 😆 😆
I think its unfair yet fair in some way .I mean south africa purely lost their world cup match bcoz of the confusing and complicated figures and calculations.
India lost to westindies today mainly bcoz of the unfair duckworthlewis system but the only consolation is that its consistent and its the same for every team in the same situation .
so one can say that thought the DW is unfair ,once its incorprated and is consistent for all teams then its fair . Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Duckworth-Louis sucks.👎🏼 Indra Devta Rocks!👍🏼

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/dlfcup/content/current/story /259710.html   

hehehehehehehehehehehe😆...Yeah,or else we would have surely been defeated today after losing 5 wickets in 3 overs🤢

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
Aaj to herogiri niklate-nikalte reh gayi... 😆

BTW, our Heckey (Team) has plummeted to new lows. Lost this time to Argentia 2-3, only 1 point from 6 matches. 😆