Puja Banerjee is geared up for Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Puja Banerjee (Photo: DC)

Mumbai: Puja Banerjee, popular as Parvati from Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, is all geared up for the upcoming season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Unfortunately, she met with a terrible accident even before the show has started. Puja, when contacted, confirmed, "Yes, I was rehearsing for an aerial act and fell from a height of more than 6 feet. This is the one chance I have to prove myself as a dancer and then the accident happened even before the competition has begun."

The show also has Puja's co-star Mouni Roy among the contestants, so how is she dealing with the competition? She says, "Mouni and Kiku Sharda are two people that I know from before. I can't call them good friends but we are cordial." Puja adds that though she had some amount of training in dance as a child, what she's required to do now is a different ball game altogether. She says, "I trained in Kathak and Bharatnatyam as a child but in the show you will see me perform salsa, contemporary and other dance forms that I never attempted. My body is still getting used to the moves and lifts."

The actress is seen in a short skirt in the promos of the show. So is Puja trying to break away from her Parvati image? She says, "I started my career with a mythological show where I played Radha, but after that I went on to do many Bengali movies where I played varied characters. So I don't think I have been slotted in any particular image."