Mohini is an iron hand in a velvet glove : ananya khare

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
NEWS

Mohini is an iron hand in a velvet glove: Ananya Khare

17 May 2014 12:11 PM | TellychakkarTeam

"Mohini is an iron hand in a velvet glove", says the exceptionally talented Ananya Khare, who portrays the popular meethi-churi Mohini on Colors' Rangrasiya (Tequila Shots).

Defining her character in the popular soap she says, "Mohini loves power, prestige and needs an upper-hand in all situations. And to achieve that kind of power, she will go to any extent. She is double faced and wants to maintain the social standing she has. She can make anyone and everyone adhere to what she wants them to do."

So has her journey in Rangrasiya been a rollercoaster ride? She excerpts: "Rangrasiya has been a great journey. And fortunately I share a great rapport with all my co-actors. They are fun to be with. We joke and fool around a lot. All in all, Rangrasiya is a very well coordinated team."

With popular actors like Sanaya Irani and Ashish Sharma in company, does she feel a little ignored or not being given enough credit for the show ? She laughs, "No! Of course not! Ashish is a quiet person like me and Sanaya is a complete sweetheart. My character Mohini has been treated well and appreciated. That is what makes it all the more challenging."

That's good.

So what's her take on TV actors trying to make it big in Bollywood.

"TV actors are pampered on a daily basis. So much so that they become a part of every family. And that is the reason they expect that they will take on Bollywood and become famous overnight which doesn't really happen. TV and Bollywood are two different mediums and they work differently. Apart from popularity there are elements like a good storyline, portrayal of the character, consistency that need to go hand in hand and you definitely need to have a string of hit films to make it big out there. But I believe TV actors are high caliber individuals and can definitely make successful Bollywood actors because they are a lot more efficient at learning lines or getting into a character."

Point taken!!!

So what lies in store for the lovebirds Rudra and Paro after Mohini's shadyantra (conspiracy) to bring Laila back?

Ananya giggles, "Mohini will never accept defeat and she is the one who has brought Laila back. Though Mohini and Laila are different characters, their motive is the same. She has joined hands with Laila but will work in a completely different manner. She will plan a larger scheme than the previous one in her quest to separate Paro and Rudra."

Any future ventures besides Rangrasiya anytime soon? "Doing Rangrasiya completely drains me out and with time constraints doing another show now is a little difficult. But every actor hopes and prays for a more challenging opportunity to come his way and so do I."

In a humble piece of advice to all the young actors she says, "Total hard work and sincerity is the key to success. All the other things will fall into place. Success largely depends on how a person maintains his reputation, the kind of work he does and on how good a team player he is."

And as she bids us goodbye, she has a message for all her fans and Rangrasiya lovers, "I really appreciate and thank all of you for the constant love and support that keeps us going. There is going to be a lot more drama, love and romance on Rangrasiya. Please keep watching and supporting us", says a delighted Ananya.

So there is going to be a lot more drama, love and romance on rangrasiya..great and tfs.
    Originally posted by sukhminderkaur7

So there is going to be a lot more drama, love and romance on rangrasiya..great and tfs.

that is what i was hanging on to.😆.. we are hopeless😳
    Originally posted by gangaprakash38

that is what i was hanging on to.😆.. we are hopeless😳
    Hope for the best dear. 
    yes sanaya is a complete sweetheart 
    love u ananyaji
    Sanaya is a complete sweetheart. ðŸ˜³
    Thanks for sharing..Ananya is an equally talented actress...She is playing Mohini very Well..
    Loved her statment for Sanaya...Glad to see Sanaya's great bonding and equation with her every co-star on every show's set
    tfs

Sanaya is a sweetheart 😳
    Thanks for sharing
    Loved what she said about her costars
    Looking for to her last line as well