The good and the not so good today

Posted: 9 years ago
The Good:

1) Rudra finally talking about his demons in detail...the way the darkness grew inside him steadily...the way he first craved silence and darkness and then later that very silence threatened to choke him so he started to look for other ways in which to drown his emotions, himself out.

2) Paro getting jolted out of her dreamworld for the first time when starkly being explained that NEED and LOVE can be two different things...for the first time the innocent, starry-eyed look she generally carries in her eyes was gone.

3) Finally someone remembered the 8 vows...lol that being Paro...waah what a convenient time, Paro...when he was threatening you with the vows first time, then you never processed...now you feel betrayed...amazing.

4) The courage it took Rudra to lay this out without mincing words...the hope somewhere inside him that Paro will forgive him as she always does.

The not so good

1)Plenty of Laila smirky monologues again.

2)The most horrible...that hug in the end...I don't get why Rudra didn't instantly push her away...is it because she may have been implying that he loves her but he actually was thinking he loves Paro?πŸ˜•

3)And the stuff of nightmares...the precap...with Laila talking about why she is the perfect match for Rudra as in being the flame that fuels the fire within him while Paro is the moth that burns when it gets too close to the fire...and Paro's expressions don't reassure me one bit.

The sacrifice track seems impending *headdesk*

Some reality checks for both Rudra and Paro today...For Rudra, the realization that someone matters enough for him to put his demons on display like that...for Paro, the fact that all her claims of divine rights and laws may have just been her over-enthusiasm...

It's sad to see a Rudra so guilty...very ironic considering this is exactly he told Paro all along...that she doesn't know the real him and she won't be able to handle the darkness of him, his past...yet when the time has come, Rudra himself is so guilty and hurt...and Paro for her part who claimed to love him unconditionally, claimed that he was her soulmate by divine right... is also shunning him and giving him the silent treatment when the truth finally got revealed.
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago
U know what are yaar, this had to happen, although I don't appreciate Laila being the catalyst it had to happen. Haven't watched da epi yet lol
A few more thoughts:

The loss of Paro's innocence in a sense stood out...the naive innocence that seemed to be the cornerstone of her character took a beating today.

And then Rudra's fall from grace...it's ironic that they played that "Zindagi mein koi kabhi aaye na Rabba" song on Paro when in actuality that fits Rudra's POV more...HE was the one who NEVER asked for any of this...pushed it away for as long as he could but Paro relentlessly pursued him, ran him down, got him to marry her and now she is the one feeling betrayed? Did she herself ever bother finding out everything about him before claiming divine right and happily ever afters?

There is a bit of hypocrisy in this from Paro...but chalo it finally makes her human I guess...lol...Rudra constantly told her she doesn't know him, but she insisted on worming her way into his life...now when the truth is there for her to see and there are no God symbolisms to hide behind, now she's treating him like a leper.
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago
Shucks Anu- I just read the update- am feeling literally scared to watch now!! And I read that Rudra didnt push Laila away- why oh whyyy???
And without seeing the episode- I can just say that wrt to Paro- I thought that might be her reaction especially after the promo! She does need time to digest this fact but I am scared now that she is really on the path- that she forced his hand in marriage, he was not ready, it was his job apparently then but there was another reason in form of Laila! Sacrifice is the way it is seeming to go  Whatever happens- I just dont want to see overacting ki bhandaar laila anymore -BAS!
Originally posted by CyberOstrich

Shucks Anu- I just read the update- am feeling literally scared to watch now!! And I read that Rudra didnt push Laila away- why oh whyyy???
And without seeing the episode- I can just say that wrt to Paro- I thought that might be her reaction especially after the promo! She does need time to digest this fact but I am scared now that she is really on the path- that she forced his hand in marriage, he was not ready, it was his job apparently then but there was another reason in form of Laila! Sacrifice is the way it is seeming to go  Whatever happens- I just dont want to see overacting ki bhandaar laila anymore -BAS!

The first half was good...Rudra talking about his demons...well enacted by Ashish.

I think everyone expected Paro to be hurt based on the promo...but the way she asked him, "Did you ever love Laila?"...that is the part that also forces me to think sacrifice crap is impending...even though Rudra vehemently denied it and said he never loved Laila and it was all NEED basedπŸ˜†...but Paro looks too shocked and horrified to know that relationships can be NEED based...least of all any relationship involving her demi God Major Saab...that is what seems to have broken her.

I also have no answer for why Rudra didn't push Laila away...dumbest moment of the epi...heights of contrivance...they are setting the stage for Paro's misunderstanding that Rudra-Laila ka true lowe hai and she came in b/w themπŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Overacting ka bhandaar doesn't seem like she's going anywhere
Awesome post...very well said.

the confession scene ws superbly done..loved hw rudra described all that he went thru n the reason which drove him into laila's arms..

bt the most impactful scene ws paro's reaction to the difference between love n need..her not being able to comprehend the difference...outstanding job by sanaya..

I dn think she's shunning him..she is js too shocked by the truth of hw the world operates..that ppl cn hv physical relations out of need, without love..she js needed time to process it, to understand hw different rudra is wid her n wid laila..hence the help while the towel..hence the coming to check on him wen he left the room..

the thing that is unbearable fr me is laila..more than laila, ankita..I m done wid her..too much screen time fr no reason n her un-acting is js too much to tolerate
If Paro is avoiding Rudra and feeling betrayed , then she is hypocrite,,

If Paro forgives him easily , she is not a human but DEVI MAIYYA INCARNATION..

If Paro feels guilty of forcing him to marry her and leaves him owing to her mannat,  then she is a dumb woman, a TYAG KI DEVI..

If she fights back , throws laila out and wants to move on with Rudra, then she is suffering from amnesia, who forgot about her vows,,

I too feel that Paro as a character has many loop holes, but the way u analyze things compels me to say that u r so biased,,  ur posts are always one sided,, u urself dont know what u want from Paro,,

PARO KARE TO KYA KARE πŸ˜•
Edited by soulspirit - 9 years ago
Awesome analysis AY πŸ‘    loved it πŸ˜³
Laila is being given too much of screen space...just cannot stand that woman πŸ˜‘  too much of overacting she does πŸ€’  and yeah, Rudra should have immediately pushed her away...but poor chap, paro's chuppi is killing him πŸ˜”   And paro did come for him in the end, after all she is the kind hearted soul...but what did she get? laila hugging her rudra πŸ˜²
Oh yes, the good and not so good. I loved the epi today minus Laila and the last scene. 
The confession was bang on. The way they had executed it too. I don't think anyone can be more blunt than how Rudra was today. Something nightmares are made of. That bhoot bangla indeed had an eerie effect. I loved how Paro reaches out an holds his hand. Then he just tightens the grip. That right there was symbolic for me. She trying to reach out to him and him knowing that after the truth is out, maybe she won't want to.
From the start when the lightning strikes and she clutches his hands till the end where she leaves and he follows..It was well done.  Except the music. It was jarring all along. And the song picked was not my favorite. But still loved that whole part. I loved how he said that I don't know why he I am telling you this but I wanted to tell you the truth myself. Not for you to hear from others. His helplessness came out here. And Paro asked just the right question there. Were you in love with Laila ever. I was amazed and happy when she asked that. And his vehement No there.

So he has bared his soul, something he has always told her about. But today it became a reality in the roop of Laila who is right there in their house as a proof. Today I think more than the physical relationship for 8 yrs truth, that reality has hit Paro. That is why she remembered the 8 vows. She is heartbroken and not sure what to make of this reality now. I loved her reaction. She still cares, comes and dries his hair. She is not running away from him. Not leaving the room. She is still there. But is not able to look into his eyes yet. 

And Rudra, oh he is lost. I won't say he is feeling guilty. He just is not sure how to make everything normal for both Paro and between them. He obviously cannot scream through this situation and have no idea how to make her talk to him. He cannot take this for long am sure. Waiting to see what he will do.

Now the last scene.🀒 Why was Rudra standing like that, yaar! Can't he just push Laila. I can't believe it. And Laila..Disgusting with her acting and dilaogues. Now we have to wait the whole freaking weekend to know what will happen!😑
Originally posted by asmi279

Awesome post...very well said.

the confession scene ws superbly done..loved hw rudra described all that he went thru n the reason which drove him into laila's arms..

bt the most impactful scene ws paro's reaction to the difference between love n need..her not being able to comprehend the difference...outstanding job by sanaya..

I dn think she's shunning him..she is js too shocked by the truth of hw the world operates..that ppl cn hv physical relations out of need, without love..she js needed time to process it, to understand hw different rudra is wid her n wid laila..hence the help while the towel..hence the coming to check on him wen he left the room..

the thing that is unbearable fr me is laila..more than laila, ankita..I m done wid her..too much screen time fr no reason n her un-acting is js too much to tolerate

She is kinda shunning him only...not looking at him while drying his hair...moving away when he tried to touch her shoulder, turning her back on him when he kneeled down next to her bed on the floor to talk to her.

Yes I do get that she needs time to process this but she is deffo giving him the cold shoulder even if she does things like dry his hair otherwise.

They are just setting things up to increase her misunderstanding that Rudra loves Laila and now with Laila's stupid lecture in the precap, Paro will be even more convinced.  She looks really hurt and ready to sacrifice in the precapπŸ˜•

And not just Paro, it seems Rudra too is needing time to process things...otherwise I don't get why he didn't just fling Laila away the way she was chipkoing to him...that would have been his usual reaction...but no, now he seems all confused and off-balance and Laila obviously coolly takes advantage of both Rudra's and Paro's confusion.