TOI ARticle I am scared of my mother-in-law: Geetanjali Mishra

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago

I am scared of my mother-in-law: Geetanjali Mishra

A

Geetanjali Mishra
  • Geetanjali Mishra, who is creating waves as Maithili Jija in Saurabh Tewary's 'Rangrasiya' on Colors, is happy being known as the Crime Patrol girl. She says, "Though I have done shows like Mati ki banno, Pammi Pyarelal, Sangam, Mayke Se Bandhi Dor. Ranbir Rano, Savdhaan India and Phir Subah Hogi, people call me the Crime Patrol girl."

Ask her how did she land the role and she said, "The casting director of Rangrasiya called me, auditioned me and did look tests for the character of Maithili and then various roles like Rudra's mother, Sanaya's sister, etc. Then he kept me on hold for the longest time. Finally, a day before shooting, I was confirmed for this character. So is there any similarity between her and Maithili? "Not at all. We are as different as chalk and cheese. Maithili is a timid character, and very matured, while I am very open and straight forward." About her co-stars she says, "They are also superb. Sanaya (Irani) is a crazy girl. I have never seen one like her. Bahut masti karti hai woh. She is not at all like Paro".

"But the person I am most close to on the sets is Khushboo Thacker, who plays my nanand Sunehri. And I have the most fun with Sanjiv Jotangia, who plays my father-in-law." But she is scared of her on-screen mother-in-law Ananya Khare. "Yes I am afraid of her in real life too. Pata nahi mood kaisa ho, aur kab kuch bol de!"

However, she considers Ashish Sharma as a younger brother. "He acts like a devar sometimes and meri khichai kar leta hai. But what I like about him is that he is very focused about his work. There are a lot of things to learn from him."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Sorry if already posted. 
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow. .so sweet of you Geetanjli. .thanks for the great words for my hero. 
shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
"They are also superb. Sanaya (Irani) is a crazy girl. I have never seen one like her. Bahut masti karti hai woh.She is not at all like Paro".
ArnavKhushijodi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing πŸ˜Š
LotusPetals thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She's really sweet. And πŸ˜† about Ananya Khare. I'd be petrified in front her I think πŸ˜†
Edit: forgot to say, thanks for sharing πŸ˜Š
Edited by MissArshi- - 9 years ago
Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Ya ya.. my Sanno baby is crazy n cute...Sanaya is a live wire...btw nice to know that she share good rapports with all her co-stars. I just love what she said about Sanaya n Ananya jiπŸ˜†

Geetanjali, you are doing a great job as Maithili jija. Maithili shy n timid but not dumb n thats why I love this character. She is a great support to Paro n Parud. All the best Geetanjali.

Thanx a lot dear for sharing this articleπŸ€—
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ALUJNA21

A

Geetanjali Mishra
  • Geetanjali Mishra, who is creating waves as Maithili Jija in Saurabh Tewary's 'Rangrasiya' on Colors, is happy being known as the Crime Patrol girl. She says, "Though I have done shows like Mati ki banno, Pammi Pyarelal, Sangam, Mayke Se Bandhi Dor. Ranbir Rano, Savdhaan India and Phir Subah Hogi, people call me the Crime Patrol girl."

Ask her how did she land the role and she said, "The casting director of Rangrasiya called me, auditioned me and did look tests for the character of Maithili and then various roles like Rudra's mother, Sanaya's sister, etc. Then he kept me on hold for the longest time. Finally, a day before shooting, I was confirmed for this character. So is there any similarity between her and Maithili? "Not at all. We are as different as chalk and cheese. Maithili is a timid character, and very matured, while I am very open and straight forward." About her co-stars she says, "They are also superb. Sanaya (Irani) is a crazy girl. I have never seen one like her. Bahut masti karti hai woh. She is not at all like Paro".

"But the person I am most close to on the sets is Khushboo Thacker, who plays my nanand Sunehri. And I have the most fun with Sanjiv Jotangia, who plays my father-in-law." But she is scared of her on-screen mother-in-law Ananya Khare. "Yes I am afraid of her in real life too. Pata nahi mood kaisa ho, aur kab kuch bol de!"

However, she considers Ashish Sharma as a younger brother. "He acts like a devar sometimes and meri khichai kar leta hai. But what I like about him is that he is very focused about his work. There are a lot of things to learn from him."

well said geetanjli.
bluemoon255 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
loved what she said about sanaya. tfs😊
luvarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
keep up the good work Geetanjali!