Posted: 9 years ago
Jisshu Sengupta to romance Deepika on screen

Shoojit Sircar's next film "Piku", which already has a formidable cast ofAmitabh Bachchan,Irrfan KhanandDeepika Padukone, just got more interesting. It now stars Bengali starJisshu Senguptain the romantic lead opposite Deepika

Shoojit Sircar's next film "Piku", which already has a formidable cast ofAmitabh Bachchan,Irrfan KhanandDeepika Padukone, just got more interesting. It now stars Bengali starJisshu Senguptain the romantic lead opposite Deepika.Jisshu, who made his Bollywood debut oppositeIleana D'Cruzin a guest appearance inAnurag Basu's "Barfi!" would next be seen inPradeep Sarkar's Hindi film "Mardaani", in which he plays husband to Rani Mukerji's character.Sircar is said to have been keen to cast Jisshu opposite Deepika as the role suited him to perfection. However, the fact that Jisshu was being launched as a leading man by Yash Raj Films (YRF) put a question mark on Jisshu's presence in "Piku".Jisshu showed Shoojit his Bengali film "Jaatishwar". Only then was Sircar convinced.The excited actor said: "It's a big break with a director I really admire and with actors I really love. It has been my dream to work with Mr. Bachchan from the time I decided I wanted to be an actor.""Irrfan-ji is another actor I truly admire. As for Deepika, isn't she everyone's favourite dream girl these days?""Piku" would take Jisshu to Mumbai in August.
Some days back didn't the news came Irrfan Khan will be romancing Deepika in this?? anyways, This movie is becoming more and more exciting. Edited by hardyboy09 - 9 years ago
I think its same guy who played illianas husband in barfii. He has very small role . Wasnt dp suposed to be star opposite irfaan .
I think that was conjecture irfan dp..let's see we'll know in some time. this man is also rani's husband in mardaani.if he is opp dp den good. she with a new face
I don't like Jisshu. Rituparno's Noukadubi was the only movie where he looked good. 
all i am waiting for is deepika😳 lets see so much excited for this movie cause its a very different concept😊. thanks btw
ye piku piku kya hain ye piku piku 😛 😆
who cares.. I'm only waiting for tamasha & their off screen nonsense & the comments "oh i cant take it anymore" "oh verbal diarrhea" "shut up already both of u!!!" etc etc.. Its gonna be fun 
Jishu is ..
he is a very good actor also.
i dont want him to romance deepika plss..🤢
Ab yeh kaun hai??ranveer in making😉😆