Posted: 5 years ago
Kangana praises ankita
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BfusyQR-_w[/YOUTUBE]
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by priya185

anyone here
Yes.
Posted: 4 years ago

Gudi Padwa 2019: Ankita Lokhande shares her plans for the Maharashtrian New Year, memories and her next film

In an exclusive conversation with CineBlitz, Ankita Lokhande talks about celebrating Gudi Padwa, her memories of the Maharashtrian New Year and her Bollywood projects

Published

1 min ago 

on

April 6, 2019

Recently, Ankita Lokhande made a mark in Bollywood with her character Jhalkari Bai in the film Manikarnika. She has been popular due to her roles in TV serials and is most known for her role in Pavitra Rishta. In an exclusive chat, she talked to us about the celebration of the Maharashtrian New Year known as Gudi Padwa. She told us about her early memories of the day with her family and what she plans to do on this Gudi Padwa. Apart from that, she even revealed about her upcoming projects that she is looking forward to. Read on...

How do you celebrate Gudi Padwa each year and what are your plans this year? 

I celebrate it each year and when I came to Mumbai, my mom and dad made sure I celebrated it. I put a Gudi at my place and we make shrikhand puri for Gudi Padwa. This year I will be hosting a Gudi at my place and my friends will come for the darshan, as they all don't have Gudi at their places. Even my immediate family, like sisters and mama will come as all of them are here, whereas only my mom and dad are in Indore. I am going to wear a saree for the day. Though I don't like wearing traditional clothes, I love wearing sarees. I might wear something summery, probably a bright colour.

What are your early memories of this festival and what importance does hold in your life?

I have a lot of memories. My dad used to pick up the Gudi, the elder man in the household sets up the Gudi. We used to make shrikhand and puri.

Is there something special that you do on this festival which is a New Year for Maharashtrians?

Every New Year, we plan something which never materialises and I can say that I won't be doing anything different this year. I will be following all the rituals and traditions that we have been following since childhood. The Gudi will get a new saree, and that's something new that we do every year. Though it's not a compulsion, we like to do it this way.

What are your upcoming projects?

As an actor, I am planning to do different roles and thankfully such scripts are coming to me. For now, I am not shooting anything. But very soon I will be shooting something in Bollywood. I really want to do something romantic as I am a romantic person, so would like to do such a role. I have learnt a lot of action during Manikarnika, so I would like to try something different and do some action stunts in films if I get a chance.

Has Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi opened more doors in Bollywood or is it still difficult?

Yes, of course, the film has opened many doors for me in Bollywood. I have no idea about the shift from TV to films as I have worked in Telugu films and I feel it's the same amount of hard work that we put in everywhere. I am reading good scripts right now and good production houses are coming to me and I am really looking forward to it. I am happy that Manikarnika happened and it has helped me a lot.

Ankita shot for Himanshu's show SAG spotlight. Episode will be out soon.

SAGspotlight S2 E15 | Ankita Lokhande | Himanshu Ashok Malhotra

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3fhEdd_eo0&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
I loved the episode she was so inspiring