Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Ehsaas Track: Collection of 10 OSes

alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
NOTE: Links to subsequent parts at the bottom of this post

HI friends,

I am back with a new saga. I ended the earlier separation saga with Ishita's return to the BHalla home, and this OS is about starting off their journey to love. This installment is written differently from my earliers OSes. Hope you like it (not proof-read, so please excuse any mistakes)

The song for this OS is "Kya Yehi Pyaar hai" from Rocky

Premise: a few days after Parmeet is thrown out and Ishita is back at the Bhalla home (basically where we are with the show right now).

Things were coming back to normal in the Bhalla and Iyer families. Ishita was back where she belonged, and Raman was finally relieved. He had been too worried in the last few days over the entire horrid situation. But she was fine, as fine as she had ever been. Their so-called marriage was back on track. Everyone in his family including his father was trying to put him and Ishita in awkward situations, thinking they were still mad at each other. Little did they know, that was how they were.
No, they werent the typical lovey-dovey couple that his family wanted them to be. Instead they were 2 practical people, who had a clear understanding of what they wanted from each other. He had never harboured any hopes of anything more from her, and from what he could see, she was also OK with that. While he was thinking about how OK his life had become, his daughter came in and asked him to come to dinner. Apparently, her Ishima had tried her hand at Paneer matar. "This woman, she thinks she can do everything. She's just trying to impress everyone like I did with the dosa. And the results will be equally disastrous"

In Bala's house too, everything was coming back to normal. His family had also gone through an upheaval during the time Ishita's plight was discovered and sorted out. Bala felt helpless because he wasn't able to help Ishita when she needed him the most. Vandu was distraught that her own sister had gone through unimaginable pain and hadn't confided in her. It took Bala and Vandu some time to come back to their selves. It didn't help that Bala's mother was living with them and that she was a busy bee. She always had questions about what was happening in Vandu's maternal home. She had alwas been mean, judgemental and spiteful. Both Bala and Vandu knew that. But she was family, and that was a sacred bond. Vandu was sometimes shocked at the differences between her husband and the rest of his family. It was as if he didnt share their genes. But she had complete trust in her husband, and between them they managed his mother very well.

Bala's mother was the angriest she had ever been. She had been forced to participate in the festivities of a marriage between Ishita and Raman a few months ago. She had discovered then that they were married for convenience. That had put a smile to her face. In the past, she had to manipulate both her sons to make sure that barren woman was out of their lives. True, she had Shravan as an heir to her family, but she didnt want something less for her second son. Subbu was good looking, well mannered and settled in a very good job. Why should he suffer a childless life only because he fell in love with the wrong woman? She wasn't just worried about Ishita's ability to conceive. She was afraid of what Ishita represented. Ishita was a strong-willed woman, who had already cast a spell of her innocence on her elder son. Bala was awed by Ishita's purity. Subbu was also in love with her for her big heart and sound mind. Both her sons were slipping away from her. After successfully elimitating Ishita from their lives, she had gone on to get Subbu married to a friend's daughter. Subbu had to live in Chennai because of his job. He was smart, goodlooking, and was progressing well in his career too. When her second grandson was born, she had been the happiest. She had been looking for a chance to show off her perfect children to Vandu's parents, Ishita and the BHallas to a certain extent. But for some time now, she was being treated very badly by that extended family. It was as if she was a witch out to ruin everyone's life. So, when  she found out about Ishita leaving the Bhallas' home due to some issues, she had been elated. She had promptly contacted the one woman who had the capacity to ruin Ishita and Bhallas' lives, again. But she was unsuccessful this time. Somehow everyone had convinced the judge that everything was hunky dory. She had been reeling in anger for a few days till something clicked in her mind. She called Subbu, her more malleable son.

Ishita was folding clothes in Ruhi's room that night after dinner. Her daughter was growing fast, she thought. Every month, she had to measure her to check if her clothes fit. Ishita was humming some random song, and Ruhi was doing her homework. Ishita had not felt so peaceful in a long time. She was back where she wanted to be; in Ruhi's home. She could forgive, forget everything that had happened to her in the last few days, as long as she was with Ruhi. As long as Ruhi's life was stable, her childhood protected, Ishita was happy. Her thoughts wandered from Ruhi to the dinner table a couple of hours ago. She had made Paneer matar. She wasn't used to all the spices her mother-in-law used. But she was always taught by her mother to cook with love. She had tried and the results weren't too bad. She was trying all this to make sure her in-laws didnt walk on egg shells around her any more. She wanted everyone to be normal. Raman surely had gone back to the way things were. "Yeh kya hai? sambar masala daal diya kya ismein? Isko tum matar paneer bolti ho? Isse accha to main juice peeke so jaata". She knew then, that all would be OK. If the food was inedible, he would have eaten quietly; Only to protect her. The fact that he made a nasty comment meant that it wasnt that bad.

Raman's thoughts were disrupted when the phone buzzed. It wasn't his phone. He looked around and saw Ishita's phone on the sofa. He went to the sofa so he could give it to her. But his step faltered when he saw the caller Id. It said "Subbu". His mind froze too. He wanted to do the decent thing and call for her, or take the phone to her. He would have done that surely, if it was anyone else calling. But he wouldn't do it for this man. What was she doing with this loser's number still saved on her phone anyway? He went back to the bed. He lied down with his eyes half closed but a fully woken up mind. The important meeting with his American partners was a distant memory now. He couldn't get the image of "Subbu Calling" out of his mind. He decided to wait for her to come to their room. When she did walk in, she had a satisfied smile. No doubt she had just put Ruhi to sleep, by telling her some cheesy fairy or princess story. As if that was real. He acted like he was asleep, but
could see her through his slightly opened eyelids. She went to the sofa, and was about to lie down, when she checked the phone.

She looked at Raman instinctively, and saw that he was asleep. She obviously couldn't cause any disturbance, so she called Subbu back while she was walking out of the room. Raman scowled "Aisi kya baat karni hai to yahaan pe nahin kar sakti yeh aurat? and itni raat ko Subbu se kyon baat karni hai isko?". He waited for a couple of minutes, and then walked out to the living room. She wasn't there. He went to the balcony and looked for her. There she was, walking up and down the garden, talking on the phone. She had a look of content on her face. The face you have when you are talking to someone who is really familiar. Raman was boiling with anger. This was a scenario he had no clue about. What should he do? what could he do? She was free to talk to anyone she wanted, theirs wasnt any normal relationship, where one person would get insecure about their partner talking to someone else? Right?

Ishita was calmly listening to what Subbu had to say. She had no reason to be angry at him any more. SHe was content in her life, her Ruhi. He did sound sincere though. "Ishita, I am sorry. I have been meaning to talk to you for a long time, but there was never an opportune moment. The past year has made me more insightful. I shouldn't have let my mother influence my life, our life. But, it looks like everything turned out for the best. Both of us have found the family we should have ended
up with anyway." Ishita couldnt help but smile at that. "Ishita, I think me leaving you was the best mistake of my life, and yours too. But thats not the only reason I called." "What happened Subbu?", she asked, a bit worried now. "Nothing to worry about Ishita. It's just that, you know I have a baby boy right? My amma was pushing us to have a proper naming ceremony. My wife and I have been contemplating about the best name and everything. Now that its all finalised, Amma told me that we should have the ceremony in Delhi. Only because all of my friends and family are there. My wife wouldnt mind. She has a small family and they would travel to Delhi easily". Ishita was a bit confused now. "Thats good Subbu, whats the problem, why are you sounding so worried?" He started explaining "Ishita, I wanted to be 100% sure that you wouldnt be affected. No matter what, I dont want to hurt you. I know that you will be invited too. If you don't turn up, I will understand" Ishita smiled, oblivious of the angry stare of her husband. "Subbu, 6 months ago, I would have been heart-broken. But I am fine now. Really, you dont need to worry about it. I will even attend the ceremony. I wouldnt want any history of our relationship to affect your life."

When she had walked back into their room, Raman was livid. It didn't matter to him that she was on the phone with her ex-fiance, he didn't care. But if anyone else saw her, what would they think? WHo was she talking to, so late in the night in the mdiddle of the street. If he had seen her, everyone else could have too. For all the sense she has, some times she could be stupid. He waited for her to come back from the bathroom so he could talk to her. She would surely give some excuse that sounded all logical, but he wouldnt budge. He would have to know why that man was calling her so late at night. "Kya hua Ishita, kahaan thi tum?". "Woh Amma se milne gayi thi.
Unko kucch kaam tha." She lied, and immediately regretted it. She should have just told him the truth, he wouldn't have cared at all. Theirs was, after all, a very platonic relationship.

Raman couldn't focus on his work the next morning. He had shouted at every small mistake his employees made, he had also screamed at Mihir for no reason. "Bichara Mihir, itni mehnat karta hai, aur acchha ladka hai. Uski kya galti hai, maine uspe chillake galat kiya". He smiled thinking how he had started realising about the effect of his actions. And Ishita was the reason for that too. Naturally, his thoughts went to her again. He checked his watch, it was lunch time. He got up, pocketed his phone and told Mihir "Main do ghante ke liye baahar ja raha hoon. Phone mat karna, unless it is really urgent". Mihir was confused, Raman did not have any clients to meet and there was no lunch appointment, but he did look a bit serious. "Kya hua Raman bhai, koi problem hai? Main saath mein chaloon?". Raman scowled again "TUmko kitni baar bola hai ki apne chhote dimaag pe zor mat daalna. Main aata hoon, agar ho sake to office sambhaal lena."

When he reached her clinic, she was having lunch in her office, while reading a magazine. He walked in without knocking. She instantly stood up. "Kya hua Raman, Ruhi theek hai na? Ghar pe sab theek hai na?". He was secretly happy that she was worried. That was a mean thing to feel, but he felt it anyway. "Nothing, woh main paas waali building mein aaya tha, ek zaroori meeting thi. Socha tumse mil loon. Kya kar rahi ho?"
"Raman, aapko dikh nahin raha ? Main lunch kar rahi hoon."
"Haan, theek hai, zyaada smart mat bano. Waise maine abhi lunch nahin kiya hai" he said, hoping to spend some time with her.
"Oh acchha, I thought considering the time of your meeting, it was a lunch appointment. OK, phir jaldi waapas office jaao. Your canteen may still be open. " She retorted simply because she didn't understand what was going on. For a second, she thought she should invite him to join her. She could order some takeout from the restaurant next door. But that would take half an hour, and Raavan Kumar would start shouting saying he was missing important meetings.
"Kyon, main yahaan pe tumhaare saath nahin kha sakta?" He challenged her. This woman was trying to push him away, how dare she.
"No, I thought ki aap shaayad busy honge. Time nahin hoga. Theek hai, yahi pe kha lo. Main abhi khaana order karti hoon."
He sat down, unbuttoned his jacket and looked at her while she was calling the restaurant. She was looking different today, like she was glowing. Or maybe she had done something to her hair. He never knew these things till Ruhi pointed them out to him. A long time ago, he had given up looking at beautiful women. He cursed under his breath, hE had just called his wife beautiful. He never imagined this day would come. While they were waiting for his food to arrive, there was a very awkward silence.

She brought up the subject delicately,
"Saturday ko Subbu ke bete ka naming ceremony hai temple mein. Woh pooja subah hai, and shaam ko un logon ne ek chhoti party rakhi hai, unke building ke function hall mein. Akka kaafi busy ho jaayengi, there is so much work to do. So I thought maybe I should go to help her with the party arrangements. Ruhi reh legi mummyji ke paas. Socha aap ko bataa doon"
This woman actually had the nerve to  ask him for permission while she went to meet her ex-fiance. What did she take him to be, a fool? He wouldn't let that man come to his town and take away his wife. That wouldn't do. He was smarter this time. "Sirf tumko invite kiya hai kya un logon ne?"
"What do you mean? Amma appa will also be there." she said innocently, not knowing the real meaning of his question.
"Have you forgotten you are a Bhalla now. Aisi functions mein akele kaise jaa sakti ho. Main bhi chaloonga tumhaare saath." he offered with pride.
"No Raman, its OK. Aap wahan pe kisi ko jaante nahin ho. Everyone will be speaking Tamil there, and you will feel left out. Aap rehne do. You spend some time with RUhi if you can."
"Waapas bol raha hoon Ishita, apne dimaag pe itna zor mat do. Maine bol diya na, ki main saath chaloonga. Bas."

That night,when Ishita was trying to put Ruhi to bed, she was ecstatic. SHe had been attracted to Raman for some time now. He had everything, a realistic nature, excellent sense of humor, a good mix of seriousness and playfulness, a golden heart, and scorching looks to match. She did not know when this had really happened, but it did. She had to try very hard to keep her feelings hidden. Considering their prior arrangements, it would not do them good if she spoke up. It would just make an uncomfortable situation more awkward. After all, they had to live under the same roof and sleep in the same room for the rest of their lives. But that wouldnt stop her from secretly admiring him, she thought. She shook off her shameful feelings and slept on Ruhi's bed. She was too afraid of her own feelings to be in the same room with him. Little did she know that the object of her affection was seething with jealousy, thinking she was on the phone again with Subbu.

ON Saturday, Ishita bid RUhi goodbye and left with Raman to the venue. They were wearing their regular clothes and carrying their evening-wear in bags. They wanted to be there early to help Vandu and Bala. In the car ride, both of them were silent, for different reasons. She just switched on the radio and began day dreaming. It was only a short drive. When they reached the venue she was very excited to see her sister and Jiju. SHe was also excited to see Subbu's child, the reason for the
celebration that day. She had left Raman to carry the bag with their clothes, and ran into the hall. She hugged her sister and Bala, even said "Vanakkam" to Bala's mother. Ishita had no hate in her heart, even for Bala's mother. She had forgiven all of them, Ruhi had made that possible. She then asked them where Subbu and his wife were. She found Subbu's wife first, when her akka introduced them. She was exchanging pleasantries with her, and admiring the baby, when Subbu came running. She wasn't prepared for his reaction, he just hugged her very briefly and thanked her profusely for coming to the party. Apparently, he had told his wife everything about his past, so she also knew of their history. She just excused herself because the child had started crying. Subbu's hands were still on Ishita's shoulder. They started talking about how things had drastically changed in the last year. They laughed fondly at the memories they had together in Delhi. Ishita even had a happy tear or two in her eye, when she realised how lucky she was. She now not only had a family that she loved very much, but she was also able to maintain excellent relationship with her
past life. Its not every day that people attended their ex-partner's child's naming ceremony and be cool with it. Raman's entry into the hall was unnoticed by everyone except Subbu's mother. She mentally applauded herself for bringing to life this moment of torture for Ishita. On one side, she saw Ishita talking fondly with her past life, looking at what could have been. On the other side, there was Ishita's present who had no interest in her as a woman. Ishita was a glorified nanny, and she didn't belong anywhere. And once Raman saw her with Subbu, she was sure he would throw Ishita out of his house too. She thought, finally, my revenge is complete.

"Saala, kitna lamba hai ye Subbu" was the first thought that came to Raman's mind. He chided himself for being so juvenile, but he was true. Subbu was not just tall, but handsome too. He looked like someone who had an air of specialness wherever he went. Raman thought to himself "Main kitni bhi baar CEO of the year ban jaaon, Amitabh Bachchan to nahin ban paaonga. That explains why Ishita is still so hung up over him". His face fell, but his mind was made up. He was going to win her back. He would woo her if he had to, but there was no way he could admit defeat. Not because he loved her, but because he had to protect his daughters feelings for her Ishima. He held his head up high, looked up straight, and started walking towards her. He did not even hear Bala and Vandu calling out to him. Or maybe he did, but ignored them anyway.

He walked up to her and said, "Ishita, tum yahaan pe ho. Mujhe lagaa tum entrance pe wait kar rahi thi. Chalo Bala and Vandu ki help karein?". Ishita didn't know why, but at that moment she realised that she was standing very close to Subbu, and they were talking very quietly. She stepped away from Subbu, her cheeks red. She introduced them and said, "Main Vandu akka ke paas jaati hoon" She ran because this was the first time she was with Raman in a public funtion where she did not have the protective cover of Ruhi, the Bhalla family or her parents. This was a gathering that they had solely arrived as husband and wife, and she was too coy to play house in front of strangers. Raman and Subbu were staring at each other.

"Aur Subbu, I havent heard a lot about you. In fact, I didn't even know you existed till a few days ago" Raman lied.
"Oh is it Raman?, I have heard so much about you though. Bala and vandana are gaga over you and your family. especially that precisous daughter of yours. Ruhi, right?
Raman did not believe the nerve of this man. He was talking as if he hadnt been speaking to Ishita, or that he had any shame.
"Yes,Ruhi. Ishita loves her a lot. They have a bond that cannot be broken, you know"
"Of course, Ishita loves with all her heart. I know first-hand how much she loves children" Subbu said, and walked away when his wife was calling him for something.

Raman did not like it that he didn't have the last word.

The whole afternoon went by, with Ishita and Raman frantically running around the venue helping everyone. They did not get a chance to even say hi to each other. Every once in a while though, Raman would look at her and see her happy and content. That had made him madder, he did not know what or who her smile was for. Whenever Ishita spotted him, she saw a frown or scown on his face, which worried her. She thought she shouldn't have let him come here. She did not even know why he had insisted. As much as she was happy that he was here, she felt sorry for him. He would have been comfortable back at home, instead of rubbing shoulders with strangers.

When all the arrangements were done, and guests started arriving, Vandu handed over her flat keys to Ishita and asked her to go change. Ishita went up to Raman and said "Chalein? change karke aate hain. Akka ne chaabi di hai". Raman casually put his hands around her waist, pulled her closer and said "Chalo Ishoo".She was blushing already, and kept trying to take his hands off of her waist even when they had reached the flat. For some reason, he didn't let her go. Raman had started that cheap spectacle because Subbu was watching, but he didn't want to end it. But they did have to change and go back into the hall.

The party started well, there was happiness all around. New acquaintances made, old relived. Raman and Ishita were in separate groups, talking to different people throughout the evening.Towards the end of the party, Subbu's mom had one more move left, she had to make sure there was a public outburst, Raman was famous for those. She wanted to make sure she burned bridges between the young Bhalla couple. She went to Subbu and told him "Beta, Have you spoken to Ishita? I am now thinking we shouldnt have called her to this party. The poor thing must be so sad with the festivities around. I think you should go talk to her. And don't worry about your wife, she just gone to Bala's flat to feed the baby. I'll look after her when she's back". Subbu innocently walked towards Ishita and started talking to her. He was a bit surprised why his Amma was so worried about Ishita when she seemed quite fine to him.

Raman was trying to get out of a difficult conversation with one of Bala's distant cousins. He had decided to come here only because he wanted to make sure there wasn't anything going on between Ishita and Subbu, and he wanted to meet this Subbu character. But he was more confused than before. It looked like Subbu was a very happy and contented husband and father. But every time he saw Subbu with Ishita, he felt there was something to it. He couldn't understand the feeling, couldn't understand if he was over-reacting.He thought it was time to leave, his 'investigation' was leading nowhere. Thats when he saw them; Subbu and Ishita together; this time Subbu had his hands in Ishita's. There was a man who has holding his wife's hand, and Raman was witnessing
all this. Raman knew what it was then, he did not want anyone near Ishita. This had nothing to do with Subbu or her past. It was to do with his present and their future together. He walked towards them like a man on mission, put his hands on her shouler, turned her towards him. He whispered huskily into her ears "Ghar chalein? bahut der ho rahi hai"

"He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking."
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

*** what do you think? please let me know if I should continue with this track...

OS # 2: Aaj Rapat Jaaye
OS # 3: Ek Meetha Marz Dene
OS # 4: Aaj Kal Paon Zameen Par
OS # 5: Medhuvaahathaan/Zehnaseeb
OS # 6: Ek Sharaarat Hone Ko Hai
OS # 7: Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho
OS # 8: Yeh Raat Aur Yeh Doori
OS # 9: Baawra Mann Dekhne Chala Ek Sapna
OS # 10: Tere Mere Sapne Ab Ek Rang Hai
Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sham24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Love it, please continue and pm me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Please do continue this, it was nice reading about a jealous Raman.๐Ÿ˜Š
exploringmyself thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it :) plz upd8 soon :)
-Garima- thumbnail
YAY LUCKY! :D You're back with a new set of OS's! :D Again.. this one was BRILLIANT! <3 I loved how you brought in the Subbu angle which made Raman all jealous haha I hope they show something like this in the show too its soo realistic! :D The ending was fab.. continue soon I wanna know what Raman will say to Ishita once they get home! ;) 
sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome!! omg we get to see jealous Raman.. You should definitely continue.!!
--Mia-- thumbnail
Very well written. Especially loved this line - 
If the food was inedible, he would have eaten quietly; Only to protect her. The fact that he made a nasty comment meant that it wasnt that bad.

Loved seeing jealous Raman. 
Please write more :-)
lourel24 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it .plz continueEdited by lourel24 - 9 years ago
shivaniaroraji thumbnail
๐Ÿ‘awesome๐Ÿ‘ awesome ๐Ÿ‘awesome๐Ÿ‘

plz continue and PM me plz plz plz
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Please don't stop there! You have to continue because I am hooked into this story.

Although it may irrelevant but in my opinion, Raman is more handsome than Subbu so don't think he had anything to worry about. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ