Deepika: It is such a waste of precious energy to dislike anyone.

Posted: 9 years ago

'It is such a waste of precious energy to dislike anyone'

Last updated on: May 01, 2014 17:26 IST

Deepika Padukone, who recently bagged a few more awards at the recently-concluded IIFA, may have a great 2014 as well, if her movie line-up is any indication.

She will be a part of projects like Rajinikanth-starrer Kochadaiiyan and Homi Adajania's English film Finding Fanny Fernandes, among others.

In a brief chat with Subhash K Jha, Deepika tells us which actress she finds very gorgeous.

Do you consult anyone else while choosing roles?

I bounce off my ideas with people close to me. But finally I choose my scripts. My decisions -- good or bad -- have always  been my own.

Will your upcoming film Finding Fanny Fernandes be a fine follow-up to 2013's Fab 4?

You know, people think I've made this great strategic move by doing a  film in English, alternate cinema and all that. But I am not playing chess and there are no calculated moves. (Director) Homi Adjania had told me about the film during Cocktail and it stayed with me. During the promotion of Cocktail, I said, Let's do it.'

As soon as I found a 30-day window, Finding Fanny Fernandes happened.

A trilogy with Homi?

I signed the film because I really like Homi. I knew I was going to have a great time making  this film. I know what Cocktail did to me as a person and actress.

Dimple Kapadia finds you so gorgeous she can't take her eyes off you?

Can you imagine Dimple saying that? Does she know that during the shooting of Finding Fanny Fernandes, there were times when I caught myself staring at her?

For me, she is not just about physical beauty. It's her entire persona. And she has such a terrific sense of humour. 

Is there anyone you don't like in the industry?

I don't have any dislikes. It is such a waste of precious energy to dislike anyone. I'd rather use my energy to build bridges than demolish them.

Edited by MoodyFoodie - 9 years ago
Now who was the one telling her rival to show her passport.. taking digs at her ex?

Suffering from memory disorder or what

Edited by Humsafar. - 9 years ago
Dpad, pls stop bullshitting. I bet you wish you could kill those cats and dogs ðŸ˜† 

Does she know that during the shooting of Finding Fanny Fernandes, there were times when I caught myself staring at her?

Publicity ke liye tweak karega. She said she used to do that during Cocktail shoots. 

Lol... comming this from deepika.  Condom comment baby . And all those jibs at ranbir and katrina.  His wife will have yo deal with this sweetheart .
Her interviews these days ... seems she has really grown mature as a person ... way to go , Deepika ! :) please keep being like this ! :)

What kind of question is this? This question was asked only to create headlines,controversy. Chalo atleast this answer won't create controversy although * no comments* would have been the right answer. Then media would have given it another twist- 'Why Deepika said- no comments'😆 

Edited by SG200 - 9 years ago

I don't have any dislikes. It is such a waste of precious energy to dislike anyone. I'd rather use my energy to build bridges than demolish them.

She is human and she did mistakes but good that she realized that and she matured over years.