Shahid's reaction after Kareena greeted him: Did she say 'Hi' to me?

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Did she say Hi' to me?

By Rachana Dubey, Mumbai Mirror | Apr 29, 2014, 12.09 AM IST

Did she say Hi' to me?
Is what a surprised Shahid Kapoor asked when greeted by his ex, Kareena Kapoor.

Ever since their break-up in 2007, each time this Jab We Met duo crossed paths, they drew a lot of media attention. Did they acknowledge each other or did they walk past with (imaginary) blinders on? Did they seem visibly uncomfortable or did they reveal any signs of suffering from a relationship hangover? While these questions were mere contemplations that found screen-time in entertainment news channels and glossies, they were rarely backed with substantial evidence. 

But when they met at a recently-concluded award function in Florida, Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor offered a new twist to the story. The begum who was accompanied by her nawab, Saif Ali Khan, greeted her ex cordially, leaving him speechless, momentarily. 

Says an eyewitness, "When Kareena and Saif stepped on to the stage to present an award, Shahid, who was co-anchoring the segment with Farhan Akhtar, was standing at the the far end. Kareena greeted him graciously and even complimented the duo on the brilliant job they were doing. Saif who was standing beside his wife, smiled too. Shahid responded to Kareena's 'Hi' courteously but after the couple had stepped off the stage, he turned to his co-host with a grin and asked, 'Did she say 'Hi' to me?'". 

When Shahid and Kareena ended their fouryear-long relationship acrimoniously, few believed that they would ever manage to put their past behind. But a couple of years ago, at the Filmfare Awards, the two had met and exchanged similar plesantaries. But Saif was not present on that occasion. 

While the two actors have always maintained that if an interesting script pops up, they'd be happy to work together again, industry pundits have always believed otherwise. But Kareena's concilaitory gesture could just mark the beginning of a whole new 'professional' friendship.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ah this reminds of a song. Kaun mein haan tum bas tum offo. πŸ˜†
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The channel will show this bit as the promo! πŸ˜†
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

GIF: Happy Shahid is Happy (Fluctuating)#Gustakh Dil - Dil Maange More
AskJeeto thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess we'll find out if this is true or not when the show airs. Like Quietude said, definitely promo material thoughπŸ˜†
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
This shouldn't happen, though. It's very hurtful. Yes, they have both moved on in life, but at one time, they were together. They must have shared some really good moments back then.

If, at a later stage in your life, you tend to keep ignoring and not acknowledging the presence of the people who once made your past, you are implying that the time you spent with them was fake and pretentious. This kind of puts a question mark on your current relationships too.

Yes, I agree I am no one to analyze their life for them, but I do know that when relationships go sour, there's still a little bit of those sweet memories left. The least they could do is be cordial with each other. However, ignoring each other totally is not an ideal thing to do.
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
To say hi after sharing 3 years together is shocking ? Both have moved on, why can't they be civil ? It's not like they are kissing each other to be shocked. πŸ€”
Must say kudos to DP and Ranbir, to do a film like YJHD after all the break up stuff and have no bitterness show on screen and make people believe that they fell in love makes them consummate professionals
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is probably the most they'll ever interact πŸ˜†
Anyways, they've both moved on and don't need each other so all is well.

--HiNa-- thumbnail
naooo noooEdited by IAmBadGirl - 9 years ago
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Mmm-

Did she say Hi' to me?

By Rachana Dubey, Mumbai Mirror | Apr 29, 2014, 12.09 AM IST

Did she say Hi' to me?

Maybe it's me or the lighting but Saif and Kareena both have the parrot nose here.