Rangrasiya

Rudra's state of mind: Tough Love

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ok so the big hate wedding is finally done with and now that the dust has settled a bit, a new morning has dawned within the show's timeline, I find myself intrigued with Rudra's state of mind regarding this whole turn of events.

Rudra appears to be a man TRAPPED at this point...backed into a corner against his will, left with no way out almost...this show started with Rudra being the captor and Paro the captive and at that point in time, Paro was the one trapped, with nowhere to go, no way to impose her will...the roles have now reversed in an ironic twist of fate.

For even as Rudra is the one to orchestrate this whole hate wedding, let's backtrack to how it all came about...Paro set the wheels in motion by DEMANDING a wedding from him...he tried in various ways to shut her out, but she persisted and unwittingly or wittingly ended up being the reason for Rudra being in this TRAPPED state...he abhors marriage, relationships, attachments...everything he wanted to stay away from was being thrust upon him...by Paro, by the people in the haveli, his father, and finally even the people at his work.

In this trapped state of mind when he feels like everyone around has made a mockery of HIS opinion, his WILL, his HONOR, he decides to make a mockery of the very thing they are trying to thrust upon him...marriage and attachment.

As he so calmly explained in the last scene to Paro today...she is responsible for him losing his job,  his honor...so she has to pay the price in some way, doesn't she? Even then his form of "punishment" has ended up being the very thing she wanted...being wedded to him...Rudra tried so hard to send her away, to get rid of her but she persisted, for better or for worse.

Rudra has no faith in marriage and relationships to begin with...to him they are a mockery, a farce  anyways...and maybe that is why he resisted them, maybe that is why he pushed Paro away cuz he doesn't consider himself capable of doing justice to these relationships.

But when Paro and everyone else chose to back him into a corner over this anyways, he decided to go ahead and be a part of the farce...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...but he persists on doing it on his own terms...in a mocking way cuz it was forced upon him.

So now that the wedding has been done and accepted...how does he go about nibhaaoing those 8 vachans he so grandly proclaimed? 

By playing mind games with Paro...first one starting with him pretending like he forgot he married her...then coolly showing up two minutes later and asking for tea and all mockingly/tauntingly calling her his shrimati.

Rudra is a tormented, disturbed soul...with plenty of emotional hangups...on top of that he got backed into a corner by Paro...so he's decided to act out like this...what's nice to watch though is that even as he goes about claiming to make her cry for the rest of her life, he can talk with her so calmly, almost nicely as he tells her why he's doing all this.

And then there is the fact that he can't stand even a bit of a scratch on her hand๐Ÿ˜†...for some reason his reaction to KHOON is so amusing...last time also the panic in his voice when he saw the cut on her forehead was something...lol...anyways coming back to the most recent scene...the final most interesting touch has to be Rudra saying, "Itna toh haq banta hai...pati hoon"...

That line is very telling of Rudra's state of mind I feel...he's always been fiercely protective of her...it's never been something he can hide even if he rants and raves otherwise...but in this scene, the almost grudging yet matter of fact way in which he said this was interesting...like he's resigned to it, even as he resents it...he resents the fact that she's managed to worm her way into his life but he still can't help but take care of her...the love is there but it's tough love...he wants to be the one to make her cry now but he also wants to be the one to soothe away the pain...

Ok, rambling over๐Ÿ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yessehm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't think he's fallen in love with her as yet. At least he's not acknowledged it.
It's at the 'its complicated' stage right now.
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful post especially this part๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Rudra is a tormented, disturbed soul...with plenty of emotional hangups...on top of that he got backed into a corner by Paro...so he's decided to act out like this...what's nice to watch though is that even as he goes about claiming to make her cry for the rest of her life, he can talk with her so calmly, almost nicely as he tells her why he's doing all this. 

And then there is the fact that he can't stand even a bit of a scratch on her hand๐Ÿ˜†...for some reason his reaction to KHOON is so amusing...last time also the panic in his voice when he saw the cut on her forehead was something...lol...anyways coming back to the most recent scene...the final most interesting touch has to be Rudra saying, "Itna toh haq banta hai...pati hoon"...

That line is very telling of Rudra's state of mind I feel...he's always been fiercely protective of her...it's never been something he can hide even if he rants and raves otherwise...but in this scene, the almost grudging yet matter of fact way in which he said this was interesting...like he's resigned to it, even as he resents it...he resents the fact that she's managed to worm her way into his life but he still can't help but take care of her...the love is there but it's tough love...he wants to be the one to make her cry now but he also wants to be the one to soothe away the pain...

In red , that was the 5 % message of this epi, just like his 8th phera, I won't be yours.
He is always protective towards her amd he doen't relize and last night he called all of those moments as his "fate" and yes it is a fate where these two wounded souls are getting united.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: yessehm

I don't think he's fallen in love with her as yet. At least he's not acknowledged it.

It's at the 'its complicated' stage right now.

With Rudra, it will always be in the "it's complicated" stage๐Ÿ˜†...love has many forms...Rudra's fierce protective instinct for her is the only way he's able to express his feelings...for a person as emotionally fractured as him, that is the most that will manage at this point.

Rudra managing to ACKNOWLEDGE his love for her, even admit it to himself is something that will take a long time...he will deny it even if it stares him in the face...he's spent a lifetime pushing himself away from attachments...acknowledgement will never come easy to him.
Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Nice Post. Yes, true.. Rudra had been coenered and in a way pushed towards marrying her against his will. He made it very clear from his dramatic marriage and the 8 vows. At that time during the wedding all his 'bhagya, durbagya' talk made it clear that he was deeply hurt.

I thought he was drunk and will feel at least a bit of shock at his actions the next day. You know, for like actually marrying Paro and the mockery he made of her. But to my surprise he was not in a least bit shocked. It was as if he did it all while knowing what he was doing. If that was true, that shows how cornered and angry he felt. Anyway he can see her cry but can't see her bleed... That he proved time and again. Hopefully soon her tears will start hurting him too and them he might actually acknowledge that she means something to him.

Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Great post! I don't think rudra will ever know when he falls in love, I tink he will only admit it to himself when he loses her and only den will he realise what love is and dat he loves her.
Crystal29 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG Anu - This is an awesome post on Rudra! ๐Ÿ‘
You are so right. He doesn't believe in marriage but why did he marry her the way he did. His way of telling her that - you wanted marriage. I lost my job because of your zid. Ok I will marry you. It is not going to be pretty marrying me because I am not husband material and cannot be one. I can't trust, I can't love, and I can't be nice. And that exactly is what the 8 vachans were about and that is what he plans to do. Show her how she did the mistake of not going away when he asked her to.  
If he was left alone, he would have stayed as far as he can from her and let her go. He tried to scare her away, scream her away, put her on the spot etc etc. Nothing worked. She came closer and closer. Then proposed too. That too in front of so many people. For a person like Rudra who stayed away from anything resembling love for so long, that has to be cornering. And No he doesn't understand what he feels for her. All he knows is he does not want to even think that route as those feelings always end up hurting him. 

The fact that he cares for her and has that love hidden in his heart is something he does not acknowledge himself. So starts the I will make you cry dialogues. But when she gets hurt and blood oozes out, he can't stop himself. This is quite an interesting characterization of Rudra. He doesn't fall for tears or bashans or reasoning. But when it comes to Paro getting physically hurt or when a third person tries to hurt her in any way, he cannot stop himself. He instinctively jumps in and takes over. Oh well, he doesn't even let Maithili take care of her when she was sick. 

Possessive he is. But with tough love - as you have beautifully pointed out. SO Haq Banta Hain is how it is going to be. But I feel the big revelation for him is going to be that he does have it in him to be a good husband. He does have it in him to feel that love. He does have it in him to trust. And that will be a beautiful revelation and an even more beautiful journey.

Again. Great Post!
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hope

Nice Post. Yes, true.. Rudra had been coenered and in a way pushed towards marrying her against his will. He made it very clear from his dramatic marriage and the 8 vows. At that time during the wedding all his 'bhagya, durbagya' talk made it clear that he was deeply hurt.

I thought he was drunk and will feel at least a bit of shock at his actions the next day. You know, for like actually marrying Paro and the mockery he made of her. But to my surprise he was not in a least bit shocked. It was as if he did it all while knowing what he was doing. If that was true, that shows how cornered and angry he felt. Anyway he can see her cry but can't see her bleed... That he proved time and again. Hopefully soon her tears will start hurting him too and them he might actually acknowledge that she means something to him.

Thanks...oh he was very much aware of what he was doing even though he was drunk...the resentment showed very clearly in his eyes...his actions were melodramatic but very DELIBERATE.

He didn't take this decision on impulse...he's taken it as a last resort...he feels that he's been condemned to misery so why should Paro get off scott free? He's decided to make her miserable along with him...jo bhi hoga, saath saath hoga...isn't that what he said at the time of the grihapravesh?
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaz1990

Great post! I don't think rudra will ever know when he falls in love, I tink he will only admit it to himself when he loses her and only den will he realise what love is and dat he loves her.

Thanks!

True...it will take something extreme for him to begin to acknowledge what she means to him...if he's on the verge of losing her, maybe then.
yessehm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

With Rudra, it will always be in the "it's complicated" stage๐Ÿ˜†...love has many forms...Rudra's fierce protective instinct for her is the only way he's able to express his feelings...for a person as emotionally fractured as him, that is the most that will manage at this point.

Rudra managing to ACKNOWLEDGE his love for her, even admit it to himself is something that will take a long time...he will deny it even if it stares him in the face...he's spent a lifetime pushing himself away from attachments...acknowledgement will never come easy to him.

I hope it really takes a long long time for him to acknowledge his love for Paro. I love this fighting of the attraction/love and denying the feelings part. For me the thrill is in the chase...

Love this show to bits