Does every line needs consideration while interpreting Scriptures

Poll Question :

Do you believe in every line from the Puranas/Epics!?

Poll Choice
Yes,I believe in every line
No,I don't
Can't say!It Depends on.....(plz specify your consideration)
A big NO to scriptures rather I utilize my conscience
I can absorb only the outline of a narration
Taking the frame I build my own story
Anyother(plz specify)
Login To Vote
Posted: 10 years ago

Dear friends I'm here again with a New Topic an Opinion Poll.😊

Does each & every line needs consideration while interpreting Epics!? or any mythological scriptures.On what basis you take absorb a narration!?I'm asking coz I find it difficult to believe in each & every line...

Plz vote and add your views!
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
Voted.
First Line.
YES!Edited by SilverBell - 10 years ago
Originally posted by SilverBell

Voted.
Third Line.
Can't Say.. 😆

Ok then how do you review?depending on?
I believe each line is necessary..
Like for example take Srimad Bhagavatam. If you just go by the story, you will mainly only get the stories of Lord Vihsnu and various avataras, along with the general descriptions in Puranas.
But when you read the lines carefully, you get various meanings, as well as many other stories which are told in short form.

For example, I can say that the story of Lord Shiva beheading Lord Brahma's head and going to Kashi is told in just three words in Bhagavatam: Rudrabhayat Yatha Kah (Like Brahma ran in fear of Shiva).
This story is told as a reference when describing how Arjuna captured Ashvatthama. Here, Ashwathhama is compared to Brahma, and Arjuna to Shiva. So, we are also getting an extra information about others...

More on this in my next post.. (till which I'll refer some more.)
Meanwhile, you can explain which lines are difficult to believe or understand for you.
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago

^ ^ I'm not referring to one text but in overall...ofcourse there are a few with regard to a particular book.

Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh

^ ^ I'm not referring to one text but in overall...ofcourse there are a few with regard to a particular book.

Which book?
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Which book?

Oh no!Not one there are many...I can't recollect them at once.
There are basically three answers to your question-
YES

YES

YES

If you don't consider each and every line, how will you know where to look for the hidden meanings? 
Originally posted by varaali

There are basically three answers to your question-
YES

YES

YES

If you don't consider each and every line, how will you know where to look for the hidden meanings? 

Hidden meanings!?

But what to do when there are 2 or more different versions??How can we believe in every line of each and every text?😕
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
I will give you a simple explanation. Difference in Kalpas. Whenever I come across a different version, this is the reason I mostly think of. And this is the 51st Kalpa, Shveta Varaha Kalpa, out of 100 Kalpas. So there are basically 50 different versions before us..😆