Through Paro-unique type f heroin born on TV who goes after happines

Posted: 9 years ago
Today of all the dialogues she said as cute as that manmaani one was what really struck me was this one

"If anyone thinks I am stubborn let them think so! But I would like to live with Major saab, living with him, feels nice to me.. I find happiness in that. AND I would somehow ensure I get this happiness I will feel by being with him!"

This I can without a doubt say, is the first time EVER in an Indian TV show I have ever heard a female (or for that matter male) lead tell these lines!
Usually these are reserved for villains, not for good people. But Paro's innocent set mind has decided what will make her own self happy and go after achieving what will make her happy.

That is why what she will do by banging against a brick wall will not be an insult to her self respect. Ignoring Rudra's slights and pushing away and repeatedly going back to him will not be discarding her self respect. I always wondered and actually prayed that this not to be compromised. And the CVs have delivered today.

Paro simply is doing this for HERSELF. To make herself happy! And NOT to make him happy or for any huge mahaan purpose or because the society expects it of her or anything!
She is not doing this to prove a point to anyone or to prove her innocence or to make someone else accept her or anything is nowhere featured in it! And that makes a world of difference!
Now its a completely different matter that being the sweetheart she is, making him smile, is part of her agenda and is one of the things she has decided will make herself happy.

All that comes down to is, Paro wants happiness in her life and she is reaching out with both hands to make sure that she does everything in her own capacity to get that happiness!

And from this moment onward we should try to look at it this from this POV.

I am truly thankful to the CVs for giving those dialogues today! SPELLING OUT what she was thinking! Thank you very much for making Paro's thought process transparent to us!!
Edited by princessunara - 9 years ago
well said...she is doing only for herself not anyone else.apne zindagi main kamse kam ek baar to saboko manmaami karne ka haq haiEdited by dundumol96 - 9 years ago
Yes.. Totally agree.. That was the dialog of the day for me.. So different from the sacrifice n abla naari types typical FLs.. This is what I want.. This is what makes me happy.. I m gonna get it.. Awesome!!
Loved ur post so much.
superb.
Paro baisa is the heroine who brought revolution to telly world and I applaud the cvs for this.
Plzzz keep it this way only in future too.
Fab post, Sunara! This dialogue struck me too ... she is doing all this because it makes HER happy ... not because it is expected of her, or she has been compromised in society, or any other crap ... it's what SHE wants, and for once, she will go after what she wants. And what she wants is Rudra ... heaven help him, he doesn't stand a chance! ðŸ˜†
This is truly a unique heroine on telly ... am loving Paro!!! 

Also, THANK YOU. cvs, for finally listening to our pleas ... and listening to reason and common sense ... and giving Paro enough space and monologues to express what she is thinking ... that makes all the difference to the storytelling!!! 
The man-maani moment was epic today,  Sunara

Like you pointed out, doing man-maani is not considered a virtue in stereotypical sense, but coming from Paro's innocent mind, it was a beautiful moment.
Now she wants to do what makes her heart happy, not what others want her to do.

I am missing the seeti emoticon on IF😆

Ego & self respect & self sacrifice --- these words do not even figure in Paro's scheme of things.

Well said Sunara...her little world of happiness is something she wants for herself.

Ok I loved what you wrote in brackets(or for that matter male).

From day one this couple talks, fights and their MU is neither one big mystery to the leads nor is it to us viewers that of course fizzles out like a balloon by the end of the show. And that is what I like about RR the most.

No guess work here. Every day is surprisingly different, may not be very convincing at times (Indian TV) but yet it doesn't make you pull your hair out of your head wondering What The!

And this is what I would call Nayi Soch on Indian TV.
Yes! This is what makes paro's character genuine and original! ... She does what she wants amd will not rest until she gets it! Just like a stubborn innocent sweet and cute child.. In reality don't we do certain stuff to others which may seem foolish and unproductive ,but to us it simply brings a bucket of happiness! ... This exactly what paro is doing ... Finally drawing the life the way she wants to not with the likes of thakur or her village , community and neither that of rudra's !... 

I also like that despite being the innocent and sweet girl, Paro is going to be selfish for herself and ensure that remains with Rudra for eternity. 
Well said Sunara! Such a genuine and adorable character she is. Thank God she is not going all out there to sacrifice her happiness for anything. The manmani dialogue was so innocent and childlike that I wanted to give her a hug and say go for it Baisa...