Sonam Kapoor declares war against Deepika - Page 17

Posted: 9 years ago
Funny how many DP fans are trotting out the "Sonam is not successful" card. By the EXACT SAME TOKEN, what right did Deepika have to take digs at Katrina when the latter was MILES ahead of her? (yes, she was/is a non-actor, but she was a STAR)

Some Deepika fan please answer this.
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Poppy: Have to disagree with you. Standing in the industry or success rate shouldn't be a pre-condition to freedom of speech. That sounds quite an elitist thing to say.

But look at the timing of her statements, Krys.

She was nowhere to be seen or heard anywhere till she bagged the film opposite Salman.

It is only after that she started coming out with her PR overdrive. Freedom of speech is what actresses like Kangna and Anushka exercise...what Sonam is saying is pure bullshit or atleast, that is what she makes it sound like.

Sonam's comments itself sound elitist...my post was just a reaction to it!

Sonam is very entertaining ðŸ˜† Poor Deepu, she's probably shaking in her boots now ðŸ˜­ So scared.
Originally posted by KifPaulholic

Aye Chal 😳😆

English version of Rohit's infamous ''Aye Chal'' ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜›

Funny how many DP fans are trotting out the "Sonam is not successful" card. By the EXACT SAME TOKEN, what right did Deepika have to take digs at Katrina when the latter was MILES ahead of her? (yes, she was/is a non-actor, but she was a STAR)

I am a Deepika fan, but have criticized her a million times for taking digs on others, when her own standing was wobbly! So won't comment on this aspect!

But I do sinerely believe that while success or lack of it doesn't and shouldn't stop you from speaking your mind...at the same time, if you say something without having any grounds to say that, it will only make you look foolish and arrogant. This is exactly what Sonam sounds like now and this is exactly like what Deepika sounded like when she used to pass comments on a much more successful Katrina.

My grouse was not the actor, but the comments passed by her.

Originally posted by poppy2009

</div>
<div>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">But look at the timing of her statements, Krys.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">She was nowhere to be seen or heard anywhere till she bagged the film opposite Salman. </font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">It is only after that she started coming out with her PR overdrive. Freedom of speech is what actresses like Kangna and Anushka exercise...what Sonam is saying is pure bullshit or atleast, that is what she makes it sound like.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Sonam's comments itself sound elitist...my post was just a reaction to it! </font>

What she's saying might or might not be bullshit, but is it really linked to her success? Granted, being in a Salman movie has given her a boost, but even without it, she had just as much rights to take digs as Deepika or others.

Okay, tell me this, Poppy: Was Deepika successful when she took digs at Katrina or Ranbir? If we go by the "success" logic, then Deepika was as guilty as Sonam. But she doesn't get any flak just because of her diplomatic skills and ability to portray herself as "the victim", while others are brash and call a spade a spade. That's the only difference I see.

</div>
<div>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">I am a Deepika fan, but have criticized her a million times for taking digs on others, when her own standing was wobbly! So won't comment on this aspect!</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">But I do sinerely believe that while success or lack of it doesn't and shouldn't stop you from speaking your mind...at the same time, if you say something without having any grounds to say that, it will only make you look foolish and arrogant. This is exactly what Sonam sounds like now and this is exactly like what Deepika sounded like when she used to pass comments on a much more successful Katrina.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">My grouse was not the actor, but the comments passed by her.</font>

Agreed on everything except for the "ground" comment. Didn't get that part. 😆

Krystal : TBH I was not a DP fan ever..I started liking her post Cocktail and one of the major reason for not liking her at all before was her relationship with Ranbir and the way she washed the dirty linen in public...yes, Katrina was the other woman in her life but I wished she would have handled it alll with more dignity...I guess she was just a woman mad in love😡 
I was not active on IF when that KWK epi aired with Sonam and DP...but yes I definitely didnt like the way they mocked a lot of actors and took digs at them...its all very entertaining when you are not a fan of that actor but the tables turn once you like them...
all this arguments and defending in various threads have made me look like one of those teenage phangurl of DP ðŸ˜† but I am not one of those blind fan and never was...if she was wrong, then she was wrong and I will not defend it at all..

but I will just like to add that successful or not, it never gives you right to bring down others to make yourself look better...and it holds true for everyone, DP included..

edited to add : looks like Poppy already said what I wanted to convey in my post here and I completely agree with her ! ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by -Kruti.S- - 9 years ago

What she's saying might or might not be bullshit, but is it really linked to her success? Granted, being in a Salman movie has given her a boost, but even without it, she had just as much rights to take digs as Deepika or others.

Okay, tell me this, Poppy: Was Deepika successful when she took digs at Katrina or Ranbir? If we go by the "success" logic, then Deepika was as guilty as Sonam. But she doesn't get any flak just because of her diplomatic skills and ability to portray herself as "the victim", while others are brash and call a spade a spade. That's the only difference I see.

I just wrote in a seperate post that Deepika was just as guilty of taking digs on Katrina and Ranbir as Sonam is now!

Trust me, I have no love lost for Deepika...I love her as an actor and off-screen too, but I can see through her PR gimmicry and shrewdness as a person also.

But that was not the point. This isn't even about the comment on Deepika...but the very nature of the comments passed by someone who is yet to prove herself in anyway. It is one thing passing comments on an actor or criticize them...but quite another to openly insult them.

And this would stand true for all actors, no matter what.

Who said Deepika doesn't get any flak? The moment anyone tries to defend her, someone will come out with a list of her ex-flames and promiscious past!😆 Stuff that has nothing to do with her professional standing or her present!

The problem is that many people on BF percieve Deepika through her fans here...and they are a staggeringly large number and hence people who don't like her feel that she is always being portrayed as a martyred saint.

She is not one, even her most rabid fans knows that, even if they don't acknowledge it openly.

But outside of BF, I don't think Deepika is portrayed as a victim or anything...she is seen as what she is! The only reason why she is being hailed by the media in the last few months is simply because of her successful film...just like Alia and Kangna at present.

But look at the timing of her statements, Krys.

She was nowhere to be seen or heard anywhere till she bagged the film opposite Salman.

It is only after that she started coming out with her PR overdrive. Freedom of speech is what actresses like Kangna and Anushka exercise...what Sonam is saying is pure bullshit or atleast, that is what she makes it sound like.

Sonam's comments itself sound elitist...my post was just a reaction to it!

But Poppy this whole article is a rehash of KWK statements, which was shot way before Sonam was confirmed for Sooraj's film. 

I don't think it's just because of that film, or her own recent success...it could be because she has recently realized what she's accusing DP of...that DP's PR was playing games with her. I mean this is Sonam...I don't think she'd keep her mouth shut to retaliate at a better time. She's clearly not that shrewd or manipulative. ðŸ˜†