Yadava dynasty - BIG doubt - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

But the Navama Skanda refers to Vasudevas many wives, even Harivamsa... so what happened to them? Vanishd into thin air?

For time being let us leave Navama Skanda & Harivamsa.
Does Dasama Skanda mention this anywhere in its content?...16 women and dozens of kids.
Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh

For time being let us leave Navama Skanda & Harivamsa.
Does Dasama Skanda mention this anywhere in its content?...16 women and dozens of kids.
That is EXACTLY my doubt... why doesn't it?
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

That is EXACTLY my doubt... why doesn't it?

Doesn't it!?Ok.I never went through the content.I've read only few chapters that too in bits.

So according to Dasama Skanda if he had only Balaram & Krishna as his successors that's fine!

I don't think Vasudev begot dozens of kids after Kans death.This doesn't make sense.🤔Because Devaki didn't bear kids after Krishna.So if at all he planned for few more successors his first preference should be Devaki who couldn't enjoy bringing up her kids!

Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh

^ ^ I mean to say if at all he had wives & children other than Rohini,Devaki&Balaram,Krishna why wouldn't he enquire about their welfare when he met Nand!?(Read that part from SBP,he's eager to learn about Krishna primarily,then Balaram followed by his Mother Rohini)Even Nand doesn't mention anything like your wife 1,2,3...16 and your dozens of kids are safe in my house!

Maybe b'cos Nanda didn't have any contact w/ his wives other than Rohini?

So Balarama & Subhadra had direct brothers of their own, not counting Krishna?
So, instead of cramming the D&D thread I'll post my doubt here.😆
Kamsa had eight brothers and five sisters. Wow. Devaki had four brothers and six sisters. Even more wow. And only Vasudeva saved Devaki from Kamsa. Wower.
So, when the Yadava dynasty itself was so crammed, why was only Kamsa plotting to kill Krishna, or why didn't Kamsa's brothers support him? EVen during his DEATH they didn't support. They waited for Krishna to kill Kamsa, and THEN the eight brothers of Kamsa came to kill Krishna. All gentlemen. And Ugrasena didn't even protest. Great.

So basically my doubt is two things:
Why were they hell bent on having so many children? And where did all these children go? Because as far as I have read, out of all the children these people had, (Krishna included among the accused), only two three are prominent. So the rest become sweepers or sevaks in the palace or what?