Mystery Arjun SS: Let Go.....Arjun Case Story Part 8 Page 14 Updated

Posted: 10 years ago

Heylo!😊

I am back!😳

Could not stay away for long. But this time with an three part OS which hopefully would not be too long. It's a murder case which Arjun solves. Except for him all are new characters.

Hope you will like it.

Character Sketch

Arjun Suryakant Rawte

He is the Mumbai Crime Branch chief. He is a 36 years old bachelor whose sole mission in life is to clean his society of the malaise that is crime. He lives alone and has no family.

Alisha D'Mello

She is a 28 year old kick ass police officer attached to the Igatpuri Police. She is bubbly and sober as the situation demands. She has a keen analytical mind and a perseverance to see the fight for justice to its end. Though she spends most of her time cleaning the muck in her town she still has managed to retain her huge sense of humour and an air of innocent charm.

Aadhira Sikand

A beautiful heiress to the Mansingh family which owns hundreds of acres of vineyards in and around Igatpuri, Nasik. She was widowed when she was 25 years old.Her husband had died in a hunting accident. She later married Rajneesh Sikand whose family were friends of the Mansingh's for very long.

Rajneesh Sikand

Businessman and husband of Aadhira.

Ila "Ellie" Sikand

Seven year old daughter of Rajneesh from his previous marriage.

Ramona Jaiswal

Aadhira's aunt. Currently lives with her handicapped husband at the Mansingh Mansion with the Sikands.

Alok Jaiswal

Ramona's husband. He lost the use of his right side of the body in an apparent drug overdose.

Part 2: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&PID=103853297&#p103853297

Part 3: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&TPN=5

Part 4: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&TPN=7

Part 5: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&PID=106850495&#p106850495

Part 6: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&TPN=11

Part 7:http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&PID=108796516&#p108796516

pART8 http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963530&PID=109104406&#p109104406

Edited by -Carrie- - 9 years ago

The cool air triggered his sinuses and he began sniffling.His nose had begun to turn a cute red.

"Drat! There goes my much needed R & R," he muttered annoyed rubbing the back of his gloved hand over his face.

He pulled his woolen cap over his ears and walked through the evening mist his hands stuffed deep into his black down jacket.

The past year had been extremely busy professionally for the chief of the Mumbai Crime Branch, Arjun Rawte. But then which year had seen a lull in his stellar 13 year service ? He sighed. At the ripe old age of 36 he was beginning to feel burned out. Most of his colleagues had already started on the path of booze and a delectable variety of women to ward off the stress of daily policing. But some reason these distractions did not interest the Super cop even in passing. His hobbies consisted of reading a good biography or watching an action packed movie once in a while.Not much else brightened his otherwise mundane gritty life.

He had never married. His love life consisted of a few affairs spread over a decade. Nothing serious. At least not enough to tie him down into a long term commitment.

When his superiors noticed him putting in alarming hours at his work he was first requested then ordered to take a week off duty. The alternative to that would have been a compulsory two weeks stint at the desk doing paperwork. That proposition was enough to send him fleeing to these hills.

As a college student he had come here to explore the renowned hiking trails of the Kasara Ghats, Nasik. He had loved it then and nothing much had changed since. He extended his tour to the nearby Igatpuri, a lovely hill station nestled among the green rolling hills. He rented out a cozy cottage on the outskirts of the main town.Three peaceful days had passed and he had begun to enjoy the rare leisure that had come his way. He skipped his SUV and had been walking down to the restaurant to have his dinner for the past two days.

He passed by a delightful little art gallery lit & decorated tastefully. Well dressed people were moving in and out of the place and his curiosity was aroused. He entered to take a quick look at the works of art displayed there on his way to the eatery.

He was surprised to see the display consisted of creations of some really talented artists. Soon he was engrossed in appreciating every framed poster and every exhibit mounted.

Then his eyes fell on the most exquisite creation of the entire room and he stood mesmerised.

The creation wasn't in a frame or atop a display case. She stood engrossed  in a front of a large picture oblivious of her surrounding her large brown eyes deeply taking in every splash of colour and every arc of line drawn on the painting.

She was quite tall and very slender. Very waif like. Her porcelain creamy complexion shone and her minimal coral pink make up brought out a child like vulnerability and innocence in her.

Arjun slowly gravitated towards her unbeknownst to him.

And soon found himself standing beside her looking at the picture she had been staring at for so long.

She wore a maxi dress in a lovely shade of pale green and she smelled of Lilies of the Valley. Arjun was in a trance at such Madonna like beauty.

The picture was of a sweet little girl looking worriedly at a distance.

"Its as if she had been waiting all day and no one came to get her, isn't it?"

Without looking at him she said in a deep quiet voice.

Both turned to look at each other at the same time. Her expression was so forlorn and melancholy it broke his heart. He barely stopped in time to reach out to her.

"She is a beautiful child," he said turning back to the painting.

"She is, isn't she?" she replied turning away.

Arjun tried his best to bring himself out of the enchanted state and compose himself.

When he turned back to her she had started to walk away. Something made her turn and stare at him. She then turned to look over his shoulder and her colour faded to white. Arjun felt the room suddenly grow cold like he passed in front of an open freezer.

When she looked at him again there was just so much compassion in her eyes.

She slowly walked towards him and stood looking deep into his eyes. It was as if she was looking right down him into his soul.

"Good bye...and let go," she whispered. She smiled a little.

He could not speak. A moment later she was gone.

The spell was broken. He glanced at his watch. He went out into the cold and resumed his walk.All the while trying to dispel the swirling images of the child-woman from the Art Gallery.

Nights were cold in these parts and there was only so much frost he could take.

This night too he was glad to enter the warm cozy pub. It was an old fashioned place built in the British Era and Arjun loved the old world ambience, the hushed silence and the Continental menu served there. Since he was a teetotaler jugs of warm Apple Cider garnished with spices and herbs was a rare treat.

It was charming.It soothed him into a comfortable lull.

Soon he was feeling normal again. He laughed away the incident on his way here.

Was she even real or was he hallucinating, he wondered.

...let go...?

He tried not to dwell on that.

Sipping the cider he took stock of the people around him. Every table was taken and the stools at the bar were occupied too.These places had a way of seeming uncrowded even with a full house he thought approvingly.

Many patrons were with friends and family but there were a few like him. Alone. A feeling of wistfulness passed over him.

One man was sitting slightly apart and was steadily downing one drink after the other.Arjun noticed the bar tender casting worried looks over at him.

Soon he would be denied any more pegs and politely asked to leave, chuckled Arjun.

Finishing up he signalled for the check. He was content so he handsomely tipped the servers who had taken good care of him.

As he was leaving the man at the bar toppled over on his drink and then slid off his bar stool.

Oh Man! He is gonna a need a ride home thought Arjun.

Continued below...

Edited by -Carrie- - 10 years ago

A cry stopped him in his tracks. The servers and the bartender were alarmed and bent over the fallen man.His policeman hackled were raised. Sensing trouble he rushed over and shooed the crowd around him.

He was young. Early to mid thirties.The man was profusely bleeding from his mouth and nose. It was not a pretty sight.

Arjun checked for a pulse. He was dead.

"Stay calm everyone. This was an unnatural death. I need everyone to stay where they are,"

He pulled out his phone. Identifying himself he gave a crisp report of the incident at the pub to the local police.

Putting his phone away he instructed the bartender of not touching the glass the man had been drinking from.

Soon a posse of policemen arrived and began their work. Statements of the restaurant patrons were taken. Arjun too told them what he had seen which was not much.

There were no obvious signs of foul play.Soon the body was dispatched to the morgue and every one was let out.

Just his luck, he thought.A charming evening had ended in a death of a perfectly healthy young man.

He reached his cottage and soon turned in for the night.

He slept late like he had been for the past few days. It was another rarity in his life. He didn't experience the pleasures of sleeping in too often.

When he woke up  the pale sunlight filtered into his room. It should be well after ten he thought stretching.

Washing up he made himself a cup of strong hot tea and took it out to the living room.

A loud rap on the front door startled him. No one had paid him a visit in all these days. Pulling on a robe he sauntered over and glanced out the window to check who was his early visitor.

A smart young woman stood there with a file in her hand.

Surprised he opened the door and peeked out at her.

She smiled at him and said a crisp,"Good Morning Sir!"

Then he spotted the police vehicle parked in his driveway. He looked back at her sizing her up.

"I am Inspector Alisha D'Mello.From the Igatpuri Police Station. Sorry to disturb you so early. May I come in?"

He stepped back and let her in.

" I am the investigating officer of the death that took place at Dewberry Nights last night. I believe you were there," she informed him.

"Yes. I was there and I gave my statement to the police last night at the site itself." He replied brusquely.

"What are you investigating,Inspector? Seemed like the man was ill or something." He asked piqued.

"He was murdered.Massive doses of thalamide acid were found in his blood stream.The post mortem report will be in soon." She told him.

"His name was Rajneesh Sikand.A big time plantation owner of the region. His death has caused some feathers to ruffle." She said quietly.

Arjun was shocked. A man was murdered in full view of a crowded restaurant.What a brazen act!

"Sir, you were there. May be you'd seen something that was odd. Will you help me in the investigation?"

He looked up at her.

She continued smiling a little." You are quite a name even here. It'd be an honour and a useful  learning experience for me,"

He smirked brushing away the compliment.

He wanted to groan at the intrusion into his rest time. But he was surprised to secretly feel thrilled at being back in saddle and set out for the hunt.

"Some time to dress?" he asked her raising an eye brow.

Heartened at his quick assent to be part of the murder investigation she nodded and said." I'll be back in half an hour to pick you up,"

"Thank you,Sir, Jai Hind!"

She smartly turned on her heel and strode out to her car.

He thoughtfully gazed after her for a moment and slowly closed the door.

Precap: They entered the huge palatial house. The household was in mourning. His jaws dropped when he saw the chief mourner

So how was it? Do let me know your feedback😳

Waiting to hear from ya😉
Edited by -Carrie- - 10 years ago
res
Unres

Interesting ... Very interesting 😉

Bosses need to blackmail ASR to send him for a vacation 😆😆😆😆

So other than action movies and reading biographies... Arjun is fond of art works too ...👍🏼

And yaha bhi case 😳 ... a murder right in the front of ASR's eyes 😲😲

And Alisha is here ... 😉 She is cute 😊

So was that lady whom Arjun met in art gallery Adhira ?😳

Waiting for next part 😊
Edited by bgargate - 10 years ago
First of all congratulations for new story and thanks for coming back with a new one. But why a three-part story?😭

Now to the story- I loved your characterization, especially the male ones- Gulshan Deviah and the other one is Saurabh Shukla, I guess. Sad you killed Rajneesh in the first part only!

I just love how beautifully you have incorporated Shaleen in ACP Rawte- reading biographies or watching action movies. This story is different from what you have written before and I can't wait to read how magically you will weave the story.

The best part was both Arjun and the lady looking at the painting and echoing the same thought.

Thanks for the pm and will be eagerly waiting for the updates.

Love,
Anwesha
Edited by nwshbsws - 10 years ago
Finally! ur back!
missed u so mch zuby...!
mind my words...writing is an addiction who better than me can knw this...see it pulled u back ! :)

ahaannn...a case SS!
bt i want u in full fledge...like before..!

its ok...lalach buri bala!

the faces u chose for tyh characters r more than perfect..u really hav a gud taste of casting!

Igatpuri, Nasik...hayyyee...i jst love these places...my dii lives in nasik...nd i make sure whenever i get time i visit her...it really is a calm..peaceloving beautiful city!
its been pretty long time read nothing on Kittu (Kritika)...had been a fan of Kitni mohabbat hai...

looking forward to this one...
its pretty early to guess on anythng i guess...the characters r yet to b introduced proprly...

continue soon...

love
Aisha
Welcome back Zuby 😊 
what a lovely start of a morning 😃 .new story from you 😃 

great & perfect start !!! superb 👏
the characterization of acp Rawte is perfectly done 👍🏼
the scene with the woman in the art gallery was magical... & full of mysteries 👍🏼
already waiting for more 😳

Welcome back dear
SO a case SS, awesome start
Its tough to write a case SS than a full fledged FF, I know it well.
2 case SS ke experience hi kafi thi
we have to plan the crime and the way in which it is cleared
all the best 
I love the way you characterize the people
esp the faces
We can see a part of SM in the ACP Arjun
Lovely indeed
the mystery is built very well
Continue soon
Awwssmmm start
loved it