Should eliminated contestants return?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Here's something which has been on my mind for a while now:

Should a very talented contestant be allowed back into a contest if

1) he/she drops out for medical reasons instead of participating and misses a few rounds

2) he/she is eliminated due to medical reasons (e.g. sore throat, broken wrist, fractured leg)

In Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs, there was a little girl named Aishwarya, who was talented, but she dropped out of the contest due to medical reasons.

Then she wanted to return to the contest, but parents of the other contestants refused to allow her entry.

There was an outcry by many people on the forum, some of whom cursed the kids of the parents who disagreed with her re-entering the contest. 🤢

I personally think the parents were right even though the way in which the opinions were polled was wrong.

The child was right in front of everyone and she was naturally very upset when she heard parents of the other children getting angry and disagreeing. The organizers need to really handle such things behind the scenes and not in front of the children.

Now, there have been requests on SRGMP to bring back some eliminated contestants.

Here again, I disagree. This is a competition and once people are eliminated they cant be brought back. That would be really unfair to other contestants.

What are your opinions? 

No, I don't think they should be called back. It'll open a can of worms. There is no such thing as perfect competition, one must perform under prevailing conditions.
Well I too think eliminated contestants shd not be allowed re-entry. It wld open a hornet's nest and controlling it then wld be tough. In real life if we miss an opportunity for whatever reasons its gone forever. A flight/train/bus missed is missed. There are no about turns in real life.
I do believe eliminated contestants SHOULD be allowed to re-enter IF it was a medical reason.

Frankly why do the others have a problem, he/she(eliminated contestant who re- enters) will fight fair. If you are really good then whats threatening you ???
Ya I also think that contestants who were eliminated because they sang horribly since they were sick or was a medical related problem then they shuld have the right to come back...itz really not their fault if they got sick and couldn't perform well...i mean my favorite was Armaan from the boys and I don't think he should come back because when he sang bad it wasnt cauz of medical related...buh kids who got elimiated cauz they were sick should b given another chance

~Rashi~
If contestants miss out some weeks because they are ill, they should be allowed back in. But they definitely should not be brought back in because of popularity polls!

Once out, should be kept out.

I do agree the episode with aishwarya with all the parents in discord was poorly handled. My heart went out to the poor kid being subjugated to such crude behavious on camera.

But then, SRGMP is a show that thrives on such histrionics, regular watchers shold come to expect it.

Originally posted by T.

Should a very talented contestant be allowed back into a contest if

1) he/she drops out for medical reasons instead of participating and misses a few rounds

yes! if the contestant was really good in previous round then he should be given a second chance. jolly, an indian idol contestant was not allowed a second chance. no one complained because she was really bad.

2) he/she is eliminated due to medical reasons (e.g. sore throat, broken wrist, fractured leg)

again yes!

In Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs, there was a little girl named Aishwarya, who was talented, but she dropped out of the contest due to medical reasons.

Then she wanted to return to the contest, but parents of the other contestants refused to allow her entry.

There was an outcry by many people on the forum, some of whom cursed the kids of the parents who disagreed with her re-entering the contest. 🤢

that is so sad. like many kiddie competitions this too have parents fighting to achieve their dreams.

Now, there have been requests on SRGMP to bring back some eliminated contestants.

if there was no medical reason and the contestant was simply eliminated then NO second chance.

no they shudnt return once thy r out

Originally posted by mist

If contestants miss out some weeks because they are ill, they should be allowed back in. But they definitely should not be brought back in because of popularity polls!

Once out, should be kept out.

I do agree the episode with aishwarya with all the parents in discord was poorly handled. My heart went out to the poor kid being subjugated to such crude behavious on camera.

But then, SRGMP is a show that thrives on such histrionics, regular watchers shold come to expect it.

I agree....

But what's worse is when the makers make a public tamasha os a candidate's plight🤢