Rangrasiya

Fatal Attraction!

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Sigh here I am again...leaving work aside trying to interpret a scene that gave me a sleepless night & making posts for all the wrong reasons!

And I have a hubby who wakes up in the morning to read aloud PARO on my PARODONTAX toothpaste tube whilst arguing about claiming ownership over it!😳

Talk about RR madness at 6:30 am in a home! Midlife crisis it is I say...😛

So many conflicting posts...and so many comments...the shakal of the forum has changed from HAWT maang scenes to a SHOCKING mehendi scene!

Let's keep our personal likes and dislikes aside. In reality men like Rudra need to be kicked hard and hanged upside down.

Honestly I would have loved to read the screenplay of the mehendi scene to know what exactly the CVs had in mind whilst describing the scene to the most brilliant actors and how  it should come out.

Sanaya & Ashish managed to evoke such strong explosive reactions on the forum. This means they delivered to the T and beyond what the Director or CVs wanted. 👏

Expressions is what the actor puts across in a scene and the blowing of wind in their hair is created  by the CVs to express what words or expressions cannot.

What I have concluded from this dramatic scene was that despite the tears, the disgust, the anguish, the pain, the hate there is an underlying friction and attraction FOR EACH OTHER.

Paro was NOT repulsed by his touch. For me Paro is fighting a bigger  battle within herself more than with Rudra.

At the mehendi session, she could not talk back nor physically fight back and scream at him for forcibly applying the mehendi on her burnt hands.

Yet when their mehendi smeared hands joined together, their looks at each other changed. The WIND BLEW INTO THEIR HAIR...and it was Not just Rudra...but BOTH.

And it's the case with every physical intimacy between them.

And that is why the self-harm. The hate is directed more towards her own self. For Rudra evokes those feelings in her that she believes in her heart are sinful.

Going back a few episodes...

The day before her hands were not bound to rub off the blood stain from her maang nor were there people around them...yet she stared at her dishevelled self. Confused and scared at what the future holds with her Enemy.

Haldi Lep scene - when he flipped her on his bed, Paro did not scream back and say get off me.

When he took off the necklace she did not retort back' If u do not want to touch me why did you? I could do it on my own.

When he placed the bangles on her hands, she did not pull them off and throw them away before leaving the place, and again when he smeared the sindoor in her maang she did not rub it off or even try to.

Never once has Paro been repulsed by his closeness.

What I see is Paro is more disgusted with herself than with Rudra. She finds herself being unfaithful to Varun every time she reacts to Rudra. And that troubles her the most.

Hence that flashback scene and remark by Kakisa about her second wedding. It was a stark stark reminder that she was not allowed to forget her dead husband.  Here Kakisa stood for the world that never allows a widow to move on in society.

Secondly this fierce fidelity (to Thakur & mind you VARUN too)  is what irks Rudra the most.

But at the same time it exalts her loyalty trait which he cannot phantom in a beautiful woman whilst it slowly breaks his belief that woman are not traitors.

This is the crux of their love story. She a widow who will come to love another man, he a hater of beautiful women who comes to love one. Thakur, documents, BSD blah blah is just the backdrop of their beautiful relationship.

I probably haven't been able to bring it out as beautifully as some of the fabulous writers do here.  If i have managed to make sense in any way, would love to hear your take on this...

hugs

dd

Edited by ddFan2012 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SherryGS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!!. This is one of the best observations I have read. You nailed the crux of it, I think. ⭐️
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing post. ..very well written. 
nancynair thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yes I think so too...that is  where the intensity lies...
vanitha3d thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Very well written. 👍🏼
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Sleepless nights huh! Never let a show do that to u lol! By the way bang on post!
sulu_123 thumbnail

You've done a good job of analysing paro's feelings. Yes, she hates Rudra. But yet as you rightly pointed out, she is not repulsed by his touch. In the maang bharo scene or the bangle scene we noticed that all her protests were only before the actual physical contact with Rudra. Post the contact, she kind of freezes. Against her wish, against her saner thoughts, somewhere her innermost heart responds on an unexplainable level to him. And she is confused by this. And yes, she hates it. She hates herself for it. Sanaya has been brilliant in bringing out the inner conflict of Paro.

Ilin thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow! U said it all 😃 very good observation...
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She is been abused here not once but repeatedly...there was pure disgust in her eyes mixed with fear and helplessness...a woman cannot be more repulsed than that...she is a woman who has been imprisoned...threatened...coerced...manhandled...abused physically and psychologically...this woman is only alive because if she tries to kill herself, he promised that her village would be destroyed.
When a woman doesn't push a man away it doesn't mean that she is part of the attraction...it means that she is overpowered. A woman assaulted here...Paro is the one abused here and I am sorry Its abuse all the way.
He should not only be court martialed but be charged with abuse of a witness.
Fairy2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful expression, reflection of my own thoughts,in a small space you have given the meaning to the conflicting emotions& disgusted expressions. It was very clear that both though trying to intimidate each other, due to pressure of circumstances, but both are deeply effected by& attracted towards each other. These undercurrents were palpable all through the episode specially mehndi scene. Physical touch is killing for both of them, neither wants to acknowledge the fact,but they are attracted towards each other, which is disguised in repulsion, making them want to hate themselves...,,...,,...anyway praises to Parud who executed it so well that the whole forum is on fire.
I'm blabbering I hope I'm making sense. Thanks a lot to give my thoughts coherence loved it