Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shiney Ahuja back with Welcome Back

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Actor Shiney Ahuja's Bollywood career went upside down when his domestic help lodged rape case against the actor. The actor who is currently out on bail will soon be seen in Anees Bazmee's Welcome Back' which is a sequel to 2007 blockbuster Welcome'.

Confirming the news, Shiney told IANS: "Yes, I am a part of Welcome Back. I got a call from Anees sir's casting director and he briefed me about my role. It's a comedy film and I come in the second half of the film."

Shiney who started his career with critically acclaimed Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi' in 2005, and later delivered hits like Gangster', Woh Lamhe', Life in a Metro' was last seen in 2012 Ghost', which doomed at the box-office. His next is Welcome Back', which is a sequel to the 2007 hit comedy Welcome'.

"Shiney will be doing Welcome Back', in which he has an important role. It is not a guest or cameo appearance. He has never done this kind of a role. I felt he was apt for the role and hence I called him up and he agreed to do it. He is quite excited about this project," Anees told PTI.

The actor is currently out on bail. His domestic help had lodged a police complaint against accused the actor to have raped her at his residence when his wife was away. Following which Shiney was arrested and subsequently sentenced to seven years imprisonment.

Anees is least bothered about the court case against the actor. "He is playing a rich guy in the film. He will have tattoos all over his body and have a modern style. His role has a touch of comedy," Anees said without divulging further details.

While Shiney said, "It is a privilege to work with a talented and energetic filmmaker like Anees. I am happy to be part of Welcome Back' team."

The actor will shoot his portion in Dubai soon.

"This role is different and I have not played (such a role) earlier," he added.

Welcome Back' stars Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, John Abraham, Shruti Haasan, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar and Paresh Rawal.

Shiney Ahuja says his family is relieved that he is getting work.

"I can't tell you how happy my family is. In fact, they are relieved. I don't know about a comeback, but I am grateful to god," he added.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/rape-accused-shiney-ahuja-makes-comeback-with-welcome-back/14120/