Mythological Masti

Why did Vasudev and Devaki keep having children? - Page 3

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

@ Vrish,How old were Devaki & Vasudev by the time of kamsa's death!?

From SBP : 

S'r S'uka said: 'Kamsa understanding the essence of what he said was for the time being stopped from killing his sister. With him more at ease, Vasudeva then was happy to come home [unharmed]. Thereafter in due course of time Devak, the mother of all divinity, year after year gave birth to indeed eight sons and a daughter.

And can you give me the name of this girl born to Devaki!?

A friend of mine reluctant to join IF put forth these questions.😆

1) How did Vasudev manage to replace Yashoda's daughter with Krishna!?When Yashoda was suffering from delivery pains someone might have been with her for assistance during labour!How come all of them were sleep in deep sleep!?😲

2) Why didn't Krishna kill Kans immediately after his birth!?If we think he was just a baby,he slained many demons from his infancy,then why not Kans!?If he wished to stay in Gokul with Yashoda & Nand he could have escaped from the prison along with his parents,why he left them in Mathura!?🤔
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Cool-n-Fresh

A friend of mine reluctant to join IF put forth these questions.😆

1) How did Vasudev manage to replace Yashoda's daughter with Krishna!?When Yashoda was suffering from delivery pains someone might have been with her for assistance during labour!How come all of them were sleep in deep sleep!?😲

2) Why didn't Krishna kill Kans immediately after his birth!?If we think he was just a baby,he slained many demons from his infancy,then why not Kans!?If he wished to stay in Gokul with Yashoda & Nand he could have escaped from the prison along with his parents,why he left them in Mathura!?🤔

1. Precisely. The answer is in the question. They were all in deep sleep. How? Well, if doors can open on their own, guards doze off, jail chains break and Yamuna parts to give way, then why can't they be in deep sleep? Does it seem impossible compared to the other things?

2. If he had done that, Krishna leelaiye nadanthirukkadhu.
I mean, Krishna leela wouldn't have happened. The purpose of him going to Gokula was to perform leelas and bless the gopas. Also to exhaust Kamsa's army in a safe way, one by one.
SO by the time he grew up and had killed the asuras and performed his eternal pastimes with the Gopikas and gopas, Kamsa was alone... easy to kill. Doesn't it seem like a good idea?