Yeh Dil Chahe More

The (flop) show goes on...

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Here's a show that is being made a scapegoat in full public view.  It's a known fact that Star One's Yeh Dil Chahe More starring Chandana Sharma and Amit Khanna is a flop and is going to go off air soon. However, the channel doesn't want to start a new show until the connectivity of Star One is smooth all over the country.

Only after that's established will they launch a new show in place of Yeh Dil Chahe More. Shailja Kejriwal, creative head of Star India Pvt Ltd confirms the news. "Yes, the show is not doing well. In fact, from the very first episode, its TRPs have been very low. So, we want to replace the show. But, last year during the airing of Nach Baliye 1, Star One was scrapped in many parts of India. So, now we are trying to make Star One available all over the country, before Nach Baliye 2 launches. Only then, will we launch a new show. So, for the time being, we're keep the flop show on air," she says.

The lead actors are also aware of this. "We have completed 150 episodes so far. The shootings are still going on for the last 25 episodes," said Chandana Sharma.
So, what went wrong with the serial? "The serial was supposed to be completed in a fixed time frame. It's a different matter that we did not get an extension," she replies. Amit Khanna, the lead actor of Yeh Dil Chahe More says that he is too young to take a stand on why the show is a loser.  Sometimes, if you start something new, it just doesn't click. It's very difficult to judge public demand," he says.

Does he have any regrets to start his television career with a flop show?

"No. I think I am very lucky that I have started my career with this show. It's a story of risk-takers who dare to push boundaries…" he says.

Despite knowing that it is going off air, how does it feel shoot for the serial? "We have to abide the rules of the contract. Now the lead actors are getting married and we have to shoot 15 to 16 hours every day. It's really hectic and is taking its toll on us. But we have no choice," he says.

Amit Khanna with Chandana Sharma in Yeh Dil Chahe More

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rukia thumbnail
YEH DIL CHAHE MORE IS THE BEST SHOW ON STAR ONE 😳 😳 .IT ISN'T A FLOP SHOW. 😭 😭 IF TRPs IS LESS IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS NOT GOOD PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT WATCHING & SIMPLY SAYING IT IS bad. I HOPE THEY SHOULD REPEAT THIS SHOW FROM STARTING ONCE AGAIN. 😭 😭 SPECIALLYVEER & TARA ARE VERY GOOD & THEIR ACTING IS SUPERB. πŸ‘
KIARA18 thumbnail
WELL, I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I READ THE ARTICLE IN MUMBAI MIRROR. IT WAS IN REAL BAD TASTE. YEH DIL CHAHE MORE IS FAR BETTER THAN THE EKTA KAPOOR SERIALS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK OF EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE THIS SHOW POSSIBLE. I STILL ENJOY WATCHING THE SHOW 😊 NO MATTER WHAT SOME NEWSPAPER ARTICLE HAS TO SAY. YEH DIL CHAHE MORE SIMPLY ROCKS. πŸ‘
talk2gary thumbnail
HEY 😑
DONT DARE TO CALL YDCM A FLOP SHOW 😑
ITS MY FAVORITE SHOW ON T.V. AFTER THAT IT IS TAKING A TURN I   M STILL CRAZY   2 WATCH IT.

ITS TRP IS LESS   THAT DOSE'NT MEAN THAT THE EFFORTS OF THE ACTORS IS LESS OR THEY ARE NOT GOOD.
FROM HIS VERY FIRST SHOW THE LEAD ACTOR AMIT KHANNA HAS PROVED THAT HE IS A VERY GOOD ACTOR AND THE SHOW IS ALSO VERY DIFFERENT FRM ALL SAAS BAHU SERIALS. THESE KIND OF SHOWS SHOULD BE ON AIR.πŸ‘πŸΌ . AND I THINK IF THE RECAPS OF THE SHOW STARTS AGAIN I SHUD START WACHIN IT AGAIN .   
I REGRET THIS ARTICAL.
rukia thumbnail
Thank you for supporting this serial (the one who watch's this serial can understand its IMPORTANCE.πŸ‘ πŸ‘ .I was thinking that i alone can't make them beleive that "this show is very very good". πŸ‘ 😳 .You helped me to prove my point that still many people do watch this serial. 😊 😊 .I hope those who read this will start watching this serial(Yeh Dil Chahe More)with interest. 😊 😊 I bet they too start liking this serial. πŸ˜› 😳
shelina thumbnail
ITS A GOOD SERIAL,BETTER THAN THE SAAS/BAHUU VAMPIRE SERIALS OF EKTA KAPOOR.I STRONGLY CONDEMN THE ARTICLE AND AS IT IT IS MUMBAI MIRROR IS A FLOP NEWSPAPER.SO ALL ITS ARTICLE ARE ALSO BULLSHIT.
AMIT KHANNA & CHANDANA SHARMA ALONG WITH OTHER ACTORS/ACTRESSS HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB IN THE SERIAL.HATS OF TO THEM.
I ONCE AGAIN STRONGLY CONDEMN THE ARTICLE AND DAMN TO THE NEWSPAPER AND THEIR BULLSHIT ARTICLE.
I HOPE THE NEWSPAPER ARE LISTENING TO MY HARSH COMMENTS.DAMN U ALL.
YEH DIL CHAHE MORE ROCKS. 😊 .
aks_cambridge thumbnail
YDCM rocks!!! PLeez sm1 post updates!!
rukia thumbnail
YDCM ROCKS!!!!!!! Always πŸ‘