New RangRasiya OS- Hot.Cool.Yours

Posted: 10 years ago

Inspired by the motto of the Sochi Olympics -Hot.Cool.Yours.
It's a salute to Tattle-Tale's Drabbles @ around 530 words

Hot.Cool.Yours

Hot: Rudra Pratap Ranawat was the heat and anger of Shiva personified. For very few people like Aman or Ranawat Sr he tried to tone it down but for others the madness in his eyes was deterrent enough from getting to know him. His mother's betrayal, Ranawat Sr's drip of poison, the depths of depravity he saw on his job all kept the fires-of pain, of hurt, of rage burning at the very core of his being. It was as if those around him constantly kindled the fire making it burn higher or lower each day, never completely allowing it to die out. Rudra liked things that way! The corrosive heat fueled him so much that he craved it like an addict. His dad was his dad, Laila was Laila and the BSD was life. Everything was clinically compartmentalized.   Recently though there was a change. Oh! He fought it alright, but he had to admit albeit to himself that there was a change. Glimpses of long windblown locks, frightened almond eyes and a serene face seemed to soothe his dreams and bank old fires while lighting new ones!
Cool: Parvati was cold! The heat of the Thar did nothing to thaw the chill that pervaded her being. The calmness she personified caused by the block of ice Major Ranawat had replaced her heart with the day he killed her husband before her very eyes. Days had merged into months but she would never be warm enough in her life she thought, helplessly pulling the shawl closer to her. Her enthusiasm for life, her emotions, the ardor and passion she had kept reserved for her husband had all been replaced by a bone-chilling, mind-numbing all encompassing darkness. Most days nothing could bring her out of her despair, out of the darkness. Days when she felt like the ice would just crack her open from the inside out, shattering her into a million pieces. She welcomed, almost waited for the breakdown. But then there were days, when like a diya lighting a dark iced cave she would remember a heated amber gaze, a human wall behind which she had sheltered. A tiny whisper of heat would pervade her being; today it was not enough to dissipate the chill. But maybe one day it would grow to consume her. Did she want the fight the warmth or the cold? She didn't know!
Yours(his): In the ragged recesses of my mind I acknowledge that my soul's raging fires fight a losing battle against your cool serenity. One day I will be yours completely, I will allow you to hold me, soothe me and possess me like I have never allowed anyone else. Yours.. Hameesha
Yours(hers): In the coldest corners of my heart I acknowledge that your heat is what will thaw me out, that you are the one for whom my passion will burst into a million flames. One day I will be yours completely, I will allow you to hold me, burn me and possess me like no one else has or will. Yours ..Hameesha

Edited by DDC1 - 9 years ago
Please do post a word or two for the above OS.
That was really good, how u described rudra as got and paro as cold!
Hello! And where have you been hiding? ๐Ÿ˜†

So well written! All of it. Fire and Ice. Such an apt description.. write more?
Very interesting and beautifully written. Do continue to write. You have a lovely way with words. 
You write very beautifully.
Loved it
Sigh - yes tattle's drabbles are rather inspiring - who would know better than me :)

This was poignant - and with names like Rudra and Parvati - how can their story be any less than the original one the Gods they are named after shared?

Beautiful. Keep writing!
Beautifully written. Wish you continue this.
OMG! It's really beautiful how you described themโค๏ธ
Keep writing more and more and more please ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by niyoti

Hello! And where have you been hiding? ๐Ÿ˜†

So well written! All of it. Fire and Ice. Such an apt description.. write more?
Niyoti,

Thank you!  Glad folks are liking it.  Few more OS in the works.