Mythological Masti

Help restore the complete Ramayana series

priyadarshiwiz thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Subject: Kindly contribute old Ramayana VHS (video cassettes) to help restore the grand Epic

Dear all Ramanand Sagar's Ramayana fans

I have been one of you who grew up watching the show during my childhood days, and was so eager to get my hands on the DVDs when they came out, so that I could relive the nostalgic and divine memories again, in such a high DVD quality!

However I was so disappointed watching the Moserbaer version of the same! It may come as a news to many of you, but the 'Sampoorn Ramayana' DVD set of Moserbaer is a lie. So manybeautiful scenes have been deleted, and so many others modified (especially the special effects one) that it was almost shocking to see how such a great work could be tampered with! A big chunk of a sub-story in Luv-Kush has been completely chopped out and so shortened that I was speechless and dumbfounded!

That apart, the VHS cassettes that were released contained more commentaries from Ramanand Sagar himself and so many extra songs like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP10muM16r8

Those who find it hard to believe kindly check my channel where I only upload and organise from others, deleted scenes from Ramayana and Luv-Kush! 

http://www.youtube.com/deletedfromramayana

I somehow got hold of a low quality and english subtitled files of the Ramayana from college which were though complete as exactly as on the earlier released VHS (video cassettes) but they were of such a low quality, with faded colors and with english subtitles.

I am a media guy and a tech enthusiast, and not giving up on watching Ramayana in full quality, colors and splendor (as was telecast originally) that I recently got a $200 Sony player from the USA to India, and bought another Panasonic VCR in Delhi especially for the purpose of converting any Ramayana VHS (video cassette) I can lay my hands on, and that is the very purpose of appealing to all you fans to help me by donating / gifting / loaning your old VHS cassettes in good condition to me, and I shall after conversion personally send you the high quality converted files on DVDs at my own cost, to all those fans.

Kindly think over. If you want to keep the tapes I will return them to you after the job. If the tapes are lying to be disposed kindly contribute here instead. Contact your friends, relatives, elderly, and if at all they have the tapes, kindly contact me at this forum, or mail me at:

priyadarshiwiz at gmail.com

Shree Raam
Edited by priyadarshiwiz - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
It Would Be Great ! I Had A Few But Those Got Deleted When My PC Crashed, But I Think Bits And Pieces Of This Epic Are Scattered All Over YT...You Are Doing A Real Good Job Compiling Them ! Thanks For All Your Efforts. I Hope By This, Young Kids Like Me Can Watch The Full Version For The First Time !