Krishna&Yashoda were Kapila&Devahuti in their previous birth!

_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

I got to know about this recently!Can someone identify the source!?
Which epic/puran?

Before being born as Lord Krishna, there was another birth that Lord Krishna had taken. In that previous birth, he was known as Kapil Muni (a wise enlightened sage). In His incarnation as Kapil Muni, Lord Krishna gave His mother Devahuti(wife of Kardama Muni) the knowledge of the Self, the knowledge of Sankhya Yoga. So He had an avatar (incarnation) by the name of Kapil Muni before being born as Lord Krishna.

Now, a mother's love is such that she would always want her child to keep coming back to her in every birth. So, even though she received Self-knowledge, still her attachment to her child remained. So in the next birth she was once again born as mother to Lord Krishna - Yashoda, and Lord Krishna took birth again.

As Kapil Muni, He gave his mother the knowledge of the Self, but as Lord Krishna He gave her a lot of love and affection, and not Self-knowledge.
So in one birth He gave her only knowledge and in another birth He gave her only love. He did not give any Self-knowledge to Yashoda. He played and did so much mischief with Yashoda.

This account is pure bliss!
Edited by SRUJAconscience - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I Remember Reading About It Somewhere ! I Really Like This Theory And Method Of Lord Krishna ! Its Like One Class Of Physics Followed By One Classes Of English Literature ! In One Birth, She Got All Knowledge And In Another, All The Love In The World !

Thanks For Sharing !
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Look at these pictures!😳

Just found this...

Lord Vishnu prior to His Avathar  as  Krishna,  once was also believed to  be born as the Rishi Kapila muni.  There are  some  scriptures and  puranas referring to this. Sage Kapila was born to Sage Kardhama  and was taught by him all the Vedhas and Sastras.   In  course of time Kapila  learnt all the yogas and later authored and spread the Sankhya Yoga. His mother Devahuthi  was given upadesa by him on Sankya yoga besides the Athma bodha .

Whatever be the level of highest phllosophy of  life one learns, being a mother, Devahuthi   could not help wishing like any  other  normal woman. Her wish was just limited to her desire to be the mother of Kapila Muni in her next birth also!! She considered herself so fortunate to be his mother.

In his next birth, Kapila Muni was born as Krishna and Kapila's mother was born as Yasodha. Krishna says in his Gita, while teaching Arjuna, that in Rishis' he is Kapila.  (Ch. 10-20).  Also the 6th Chapter of Gita is named SANKHYA YOGAM BRAMHA VIDHYA  in which Krishna beautifully narrates the Bakthi Yoga.   In Srimadh Bhagavath Purana  you can read  how Krishna teaches Sankhya Yoga to Udhdhava Maharishi.

Children,   please recall that as  she wished, Kapila Muni's mother was born as Yasodha and Krishna became her darling  son.  The great wonder in this combination is,  there is no teaching of Krishna to Yasodha as it had been  in his previous birth as Kapila.  All that he did was numerous  pranks and mischief which turned him uncontrollable, and she was   tired of him  driven to  the extent of even tying him with a rope to a grinder.

Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The erudite conversation between Devi Devhuti and her son Lord Kapil is described in detail in Shrimad Bhagwat MahaPuran.

It starts in the 25th chapter of Third Skandh and goes upto the last chapter of that Skandh, i.e. 33rd.

Lord always makes it a point, whenever He gets a chance, to describe Vedic conclusions in the simplest terms possible, so that even the most moronic person can understand them easily. This dialogue between mother-son duo is another such example of Lord's benevolence towards his eternal chaitanya power Jeevatma.

Many such well known conversations are there. For example, in Shri Bhagwat Puran itself, in its 11th Skandh, while talking to His beloved devotee Uddhav, Lord has described so many concepts in such a straight-forward manner, that's there's no scope for any confusion. This conversation between Shri Krishna and Uddhav starts in the 6th chapter of 11th Skandh and goes all the way upto 29th. So a lot of things have been described by Lord there. Of course, after having read the extremely sweet and dulcet description of some of the activities of Divine Vrindavan and divine kunj in the 10th Skandh, not many devotees are too concerned about reading all those vedic summaries, and that's understandable.

However, when it comes to the most focused and sharp and riveting summary of Vedas given by the Lord, nothing can ever come anywhere close to Shri Bhagvad Gita.

But I'll stick my neck out and say that while Shri Bhagvad Gita is truly beyond any comparison when it comes to its focus and completeness and it's entirety and its breadth of knowledge that Lord Krishna gives to all of us via Arjun, the EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND Vedic summaries are to be found in Goswami Tulsidas' Shri Ram Charit Manas. That's what I truly feel.

Hell man, this post is going God knows where. Ok bye. 😊 

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

I Remember Reading About It Somewhere ! I Really Like This Theory And Method Of Lord Krishna ! Its Like One Class Of Physics Followed By One Classes Of English Literature ! In One Birth, She Got All Knowledge And In Another, All The Love In The World !

Thanks For Sharing !

One class of physics followed by a tiffin break...
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: varaali

One class of physics followed by a tiffin break...

LOLzzz !!!!
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Varaali congratulations you are a Dazzler now!👏👏

@Sruja I couldn't find the original source of this account.I'll be glad if anyone can identify.
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Thanks For Sharing !

Nice,can you recollect!?Sorry,I know I'm troubling you,but you've raised a hope in me!😳

I'll say it is Theory Class followed by a Practical!😊