First Look - Isabel Kaif and Kunal Nayyar in Dr.Cabbie - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by monamma

would she ever get a second glance if she wasn't bollywood's queen's sister? I guess the skin color helps too.

Akhir kyon? Humein safayed jhoot nahin chayi brown real mein theek
Hai!
Thanks ant judge till see more!! 
Originally posted by BindaasReena

Remember what Sheldon said in the one episode?
Kunal: Aishwarya is a GODDESS
Sheldon: "Aishwarya Rai is nothing but a poor mans Madhuri Dixit"

The song they were watching of was AMISHAs LOL!! (KHNPH)

DONE, just done 😆

haha..that was epic😆😆

and i agree with Sheldon😉
Originally posted by J3SANGEL

Akhir kyon? Humein safayed jhoot nahin chayi brown real mein theek
Hai!

Now even i want to be white so i can break into big bad bollywood or, at the very least, have BHAI backing me up 
dance a little, flash a smile, and laugh on my to the bank lol 😆
So bashing begins.

Why is there been making a big deal out of changing the last name as if other's actors have not done the same. For example "Akshay Kumar", whose last name is "Bhatia". 

Also reading comment on colour of the skin, as if Kareena and Karishma are not white skinned tone. Then the same will complain on discrimination when the people with white skin do the same.

Just because those girls are not Indians is it right to bash them. 
Originally posted by sunflower52

So bashing begins.

Why is there been making a big deal out of changing the last name as if other's actors have not done the same. For example "Akshay Kumar", whose last name is "Bhatia". 

Also reading comment on colour of the skin, as if Kareena and Karishma are not white skinned tone. Then the same will complain on discrimination when the people with white skin do the same.

Just because those girls are not Indians is it right to bash them. 

Oh please. 
Where exactly did I "bash"?
White skin does have an advantage in bollywood because beauty sells, and lighter skin is undeniably seen as more beautiful in india. I was simply stating my observations. 

I don't have a problem with light skin tone, that's dumb; all and any skin color is beautiful. But a run-of-the-mill indian chick with acting talent should be given the same opportunity that this (imo) run-of-the-mill white girl has gotten. Unless she can actually act, then I will bow down and accept my mistake. But till then, I'm sticking to my (probably biased/ idiotic) view that she's in this movie merely because of the connections due to her sister and her sister's ex, salman khan, rather than on her acting merit. And yes, it does help that she is white because that appeals to the masses. Speaking from a business POV, it's probably a better invest in a lighter skinned girl anyway because the actually dark skinned girls such as Nandita and Konkona fade into oblivion while "dusky" girls like Priyanka, Deepika, and Bipasha gradually get lighter. 

W.e I don't want to respond to any further comments about skin tone on this thread and turn it into some serious thread. But I felt like i needed to respond back to you, hope there's no hard feelings :). On topic best of luck to Isabella and I genuinely hope she can prove me wrong and show she's an actress. 👍🏼
Originally posted by monamma

Oh please. 
Where exactly did I "bash"?
White skin does have an advantage in bollywood because beauty sells, and lighter skin is undeniably seen as more beautiful in india. I was simply stating my observations. 

I don't have a problem with light skin tone, that's dumb; all and any skin color is beautiful. But a run-of-the-mill indian chick with acting talent should be given the same opportunity that this (imo) run-of-the-mill white girl has gotten. Unless she can actually act, then I will bow down and accept my mistake. But till then, I'm sticking to my (probably biased/ idiotic) view that she's in this movie merely because of the connections due to her sister and her sister's ex, salman khan, rather than on her acting merit. And yes, it does help that she is white because that appeals to the masses. Speaking from a business POV, it's probably a better invest in a lighter skinned girl anyway because the actually dark skinned girls such as Nandita and Konkona fade into oblivion while "dusky" girls like Priyanka, Deepika, and Bipasha gradually get lighter. 

W.e I don't want to respond to any further comments about skin tone on this thread and turn it into some serious thread. But I felt like i needed to respond back to you, hope there's no hard feelings :). On topic best of luck to Isabella and I genuinely hope she can prove me wrong and show she's an actress. 👍🏼

That's my point 1st see if she can act, then respond. The debut movie should not be the bench mark because very few show potential from their 1st movie.

I agree that BW has some obsession with girls with lighter skin tone. 

In BW connections matter, if not  then none of the star kids would have survived. The biggest example is "Abhisheik Bachaan", despite giving flops. He still gets movies and so does Kareena Kapoor. 

All I can say is lets give this girl a chance before ruling her out. 

Anyways BW fraternity has always been lenient towards star kids then of those whose parent/'s are not actors.

Besides I really love Nandita Das and Konkona, they are so good.   

Originally posted by PandorasBox

she's the one with the sex-tape right?
I've seen the video, there's no denying it's her. Wonder if it'll ever resurface if she becomes semi-famous.

Edit to add: Why is her last name being presented as Kaif? I thought it was a fake name for Katrina, so now even Isabel Turquotte adopted that name.

Turquotte daalenge toh Katty ka raaz nahi khul jaaega? 😛
She studied acting or something related to acting in NY I think, was a classmate and probably  friend of mansi Parekh. Saw them on her fb profile when I was shipping Gulaal-Keshar.
While Manshi, who is really an awesome actress is stuck in TV , here she is launched on bw.
Just FYI, Konkona may do more unconventional movies but she too is a star kid. Infact she has more advantage as the daughter of aclaimed film maker. She debuted with actors like Sabyasachi and Indrani. Got movies with rituparno and she was also not super great there. It was her 3rd movie, by her mother, that gave her the wide spread recognition Mr and Mrs Iyer.
I love her, she is an outstanding actress but she is a star kid, make no mistake about that.