First Look - Isabel Kaif and Kunal Nayyar in Dr.Cabbie - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by sunflower52

So bashing begins.

Why is there been making a big deal out of changing the last name as if other's actors have not done the same. For example "Akshay Kumar", whose last name is "Bhatia". 

Also reading comment on colour of the skin, as if Kareena and Karishma are not white skinned tone. Then the same will complain on discrimination when the people with white skin do the same.

Just because those girls are not Indians is it right to bash them. 

So Akshay Kumar took on a fake name, it doesn't mean that his whole family and extended family also take up the last name. I don't see Akshay's mother, brother, sister, cousin, dog, etc changing their last name to match his. If Kat's sis is confident in her capabilities then, why the need for the name change? This is a Canadian movie, not even Bollywood. It is beyond silly, and I for one can't believe more people aren't pointing it out. It's clear that Isabel wants to take advantage of the fake surname to get ahead. Who is she trying to food?
Originally posted by sunflower52

So bashing begins.

Why is there been making a big deal out of changing the last name as if other's actors have not done the same. For example "Akshay Kumar", whose last name is "Bhatia". 

Also reading comment on colour of the skin, as if Kareena and Karishma are not white skinned tone. Then the same will complain on discrimination when the people with white skin do the same.

Just because those girls are not Indians is it right to bash them. 
Rajeev Bhatia's name was changed to Akshay Kumar for movies only, and he openly acknowledged the change of name, every one knows his past and who his parents are, where as Katrina has a surname that she has never acknowledged, and a father that changes name, creed and country depending on her mood or her shoddy memory.   Katrina Kaif is just not private about her life, she is cagey and paranoid about her past as well as unsure.  That is very unlike the stars like Akshay Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, Dilip Kumar and other stars that have different screen names  - their past life and proper name is well known.

It will be hysterical if the younger sister can act, and never becomes queen of box office.
Originally posted by LeadNitrate

Just FYI, Konkona may do more unconventional movies but she too is a star kid. Infact she has more advantage as the daughter of aclaimed film maker. She debuted with actors like Sabyasachi and Indrani. Got movies with rituparno and she was also not super great there. It was her 3rd movie, by her mother, that gave her the wide spread recognition Mr and Mrs Iyer.
I love her, she is an outstanding actress but she is a star kid, make no mistake about that.

I agree. Konkona is a star kid but she is talent power house. A lot of star kids get opportunity but Konkona proved her talent . 
Kunnal Nayyar I love you. Raj I will be waiting for your movie. 
Originally posted by PandorasBox

she's the one with the sex-tape right?
I've seen the video, there's no denying it's her. Wonder if it'll ever resurface if she becomes semi-famous.

If she's working the US or Canada, that sex-tape will only help her career.  Seriously.   If she's trained, she may be a good actress, so I'm going to wait and see.

The trailer is pretty funny (saw it when I went to see Gunday).  I'll probably go see it just for Kunal.😃

1. Isabel is not the heroine of the movie. It's a supporting role.

2. The hero & his father along with some Canadian producers are the actual producers of the movie. Association with Salman is just to sell the movie to the Indian audience. The Virmanis (Hero & his dad) did the same thing with their previous movie: Asked Akki to promote the movie, credited Akki as one of the producers.. may be paid a few crores to Akki for that.

^ Vinay Virmani's father is actually a close family friend of Akshay Kumar.
Who knows  isabelle might turn out to be a better actress than her sister . She was brilliant in the sex-tape  Edited by Deathstroke - 10 years ago

do we analyze all new comers like this?

no acting talent? just because of white skin? changed last name?

I guess we are being unnecessarily harsh to her here

almost every one changes last name here

forget about last name, many change their entire name

so whats the fuss about?

give the girl some slack here!