Qubool Hai

Islam 101 and QH. Maybe or Maybe Not

gossipgirlxoxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Last time , I checked QH is not ISLAM 101.
Believe me If I wanted to learn more about Islam, the last place would be daily soap with Romance and Drama as the backdrop.

Watching of any kind of Television is prohibited in Islam.
So people who say that QH is showing Islam in bad light should realize that perfect Muslim(If such a thing exists ) should not be watching any TV  with singing, dancing or Non Mahrams acting, touching each other.

So let us for the sake of sanity declare that these are the lessons learnt

1. That if you happen to be in a situation like Zoya and have lost your parents in a fire of Doll   Factory conspiracy please do not name your would be Husband's Mom as wali. It will be an invalid Nikah. Thank god most of us are not orphans and have atleast one male relative/friend to act as a wali.

2.Please do not abuse technology irresponsibly. Like No talking while driving , there should be law that clearly states no Talking while in Ghoonghat or Sehra ! Because in a soap called QH the leads were accidentally married in a community Nikah. Most likely we will not end in such a situation, but If unfortunately we do please remember that your Nikah is Invalid so no worries there.

3. Nikah can be solemnized in front of a Masoleum so there, I can't help you . You will be deemed married, best don't visit Agra because I can't find a flaw in this one :(

4. And I agree that Alcohol consumption is not allowed in Islam. You are no longer a perfect Muslim if you consume alcolhol. But sadly many muslims are imperfect muslims.

5. Multiple marriages are allowed in Islam under very strict rules, but in India , In Bhopal hardly anybody follows any kind of rule to a T.

To add to those points.
1. Tanveer should certainly not sleep around.
2. Farhan should not do stuff to Nikhat
3.Haider should not sleep with Humeira.
4. Razia should not have murdered Zainab.
5. Ghazia should not have trapped Rashid.
6.Rashid shouldn't have left Dilshad in pregnancy.
7. Ghaffur shouldn't have cheated.
8. Zoya shouldn't have stayed in Asad's house.
6. Blah Blah Blah.

Looks like going back in time QH should not have even aired.
Because the whole premise is non  Islamic.

It is said in Islam that if you say ill about others , gossip, backbite it's like you are eating your brother's flesh.

Please bookmark this post as just in case people mistakenly learn Islamic principles from QH, their doubts can be cleared.

I wanted to reply to Riv's post Yesterday but it was closed before I could.
Here is the link to that post.

Edited by gossipgirlxoxo - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goingreen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I love this post! You're absolutely right, TV shows, especially fictional far-fetched ones like daily soaps, are not around for you to learn about a religion or whatever. In fact, I don't think what they show in shows that are based on a Hindu family are entire right either, there's a thing called creative liberties.

That said, religion is a very subjective matter. Sure, each religion has very clear guidelines, but not everyone following the religion follows them. QH did not vouch for being a show that will show you all the correct practices of Islam, it's just a show with Muslim characters for the sake of entertainment.

Religion is perfect, the people practicing it are not. Fact of life.
_vineeta_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent post Amber..

Our religion or scriptures are to guide us to live right way and we adapt them according to our life style in best possible way. No one is perfect or practicing to the T, else this world have none of issues.

People should keep religion out, this is fiction watch it like one, enough of this. Want to learn about religion, there are better appropriate places.

And caution to some, don't drag other religion down, when you guys comment Asad had drinks at home for HINDU FRIENDS. Its disgusting, I can tell 100 muslims who drinks and 100 hindus who don't. Its individual's choice how he lives, we are all taught same things in different way, live in peace and let others live in peace..
hsvs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good post, Amber! ðŸ˜ƒ
See thats why wise people are busy trying to get it shut down asap! It shouldnt ever have been on air! ðŸ˜›
Edited by hsvs - 10 years ago
delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Haha I don't think everyone understood your post A!

Thank you for this. I am getting vastly annoyed at this whole QH is now insulting religion jaap. If it is or was why weren't these issues brought up before? Oh never mind don't bother answering that. We all know where that's going.

To the subject of religion and tv. Does tv ever show religion right? Whether it's Hinduism, Christianity, Islam or Judaism? Creative liberties are always taken and more often than not the religion of the character is just something to identify with not define. If this was truly a show about Islam it would first and foremost not be a love story!

Forget that, what really annoys me is the sanctimonious attitude that people sometimes take where they declare the way THEY practice it is the right way and everyone who does it different or believes otherwise is a shame. Sigh.
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I love amber and i love ambers post. Period.
qhpankha thumbnail
"Looks like going back in time QH should not have even aired.
Because the whole premise is non  Islamic."

Loved your post gossipgirl. Specially the above quoted lines. Keeping religion aside( as I don't like to enter into discussions abt religion as they are mostly based on each persons interpretations/biases)... the one thought that crept into my mind was that...If QH had never aired I'd never have known abt KSG, would never have gotten hooked to QH and wouldn't have had to read tons of posts from KSG fans slinging mud on QH on this forum now.

Just a thought!!!
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ambu can u add a link to my post from yesterday..please.
Rest is on res.

unres

Ambu - when I saw my post closed down last night, I was mighty pissed. I was really looking forward to some really great responses like this one. Infact, I had decided to make a part 2 of that post this morning. So when I did log in, I was extremely surprised and pleased to see this post.

Not being a Muslim, I could not have discussed that PM the way u did. I am glad u did it.

No show, irrespective of the religion they show, is made within the dictates of it. I remember the first time Ekta showed the Virani family celebrating KarvaChauth, and not Vrat/Vad Savitri. Being a gujju I know that gujju's do not fast on karva chauth, but ekta chose to show it and you know what, today a lot of Gujjus do it. In good spirit, There are a number of other examples but I would rather not discuss them. 

Coming to this whole "let's bring the show down" campaign. It is quite silly if you ask me. One man did not make the show and he should not be allowed to break it either. Not that our ranting or explaining it nicely will help, but people need to know what is happening behind the scenes in the guise of fandom. I did not speak while I got PMs asking me to tweet against Zee or for KSG, they were easy to ignore. But this one I did not want to pass. 

ps: I have requested Mods to reopen the thread.
pps: if you want to see the original PM, PM me...I am in the mood to make it public today.
Edited by QueenOfMyCastle - 10 years ago
IamSherLocked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Bottom line is if u want to know about Islam, Read Quran/Hadees not a Daily soap
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks Ambu...I love you...this week I will support ur TRP guess.🤗😆