Rangrasiya

Rant to the CVs --Stop the Saas- Bahu drama, we have enough of those

DDC1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Folks- agree or disagree, please comment. Disclaimer : I haven't watched today's epi yet

Rangrasiya was supposed to be "Thankfully different" as one industry reviewer put it. It had the beginnings of a great television saga what with the on-location shoots in Rajasthan, with emotive Sanaya Irani in the lead and the budding chemistry between Sanaya & Ashish. The handsome but ghoulish Thakur added more mirch to the mix making for a spicy masala. Ashish was in his element in all the BSD sequences(though a bit too illogical). The BSD, arms smuggling, human trafficking thread was what made it different from the other serials. Even the bold scenes between Laila & Rudra added a bold weave in the colorful quilt that was Rangrasiya.   It was going great but you weren't happy were you? You had to falter along the way, fall flat on your face and make everything beige with the Saas-Bahu crap. Yes crap!! Can you tell I am not happy?!
Major Ranawat went to great lengths to make the Thakur believe his witness is dead. Where is the logic in bringing said witness into a haveli filled with a family he hates & who hate him? Add a ton of servants to the mix and does the Major smuggle her in quietly? Oh no, he enters with his gun drawn, splits the house in two etc etc -in one word Drama! Did you give out free "no-logic" hats too?
Ok we somehow settled down into the Haveli because you hooked us with the kamariya and chest views & the bedroom sharing & enjoyed KCM's awesome one-liners. We got over the fact that the Namak is on the highest shelf in the house needing Major' help & fact that Major saab now seems hover at home than with the BSD. Some scenes with V.K.Singh & Aman at the BSD headquarters or Rudra interrogating the Dr or something that shows us the investigation is proceeding along would have been great. It isn't too much to ask for is it?
Then scene between KCM & Mythili. How is it different from other Saas-Bahu serials? Ok you wanted to make a point -adoption is good, I agree. Too much, too early in the show me thinks. But then Saint Parvati had to step into the full blown drama. Why ? cause she can be lauded as the saint that she is ? Please!! Give us some time, develop her character more & then you can make her a Saint & I will happily attend the Canonization.
Ok epic war happened, your TRP ratings jumped. You happy? No you aint!! Greedy aren't you? Now we hear Rudra is going to be suspended from the BSD & worse a marriage!! Are you crazy?? We have had enough fake/hate/pretend/contract marriages on TV. Is this one for 6 months too?
The Bride is already married & widowed the same day- you think she wants to marry now & that too the guy who killed her husband? The Groom is her Jallad, an unyielding man who doesn't believe in emotional or moral relationships. They are getting married in 7 days of knowing each other and after such emotional upheaval? Puhleez!! Do you need any help thinking this through? Because there are some good writers on this forum who can help.
If we wanted sweet domesticity with huge dining tables witnessing epic confrontations we would watch other serials you know? So please cut the Saas-Bahu crap, leave Masala Maasi & the Haveli walas alone. Show us some more angst, some more of gorgeous Rajasthan & some more BSD action. Put the Major Saab back on & let's go kick some arms-smuggling behinds!!
🤢Edited by DDC1 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So far I dont have a problem with it.
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Are  you  a   guy? ðŸ˜‰
MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Why rage and rant at them? They tried their best for 7 weeks. If the TRP audience wants to eat daal-chaawal-rotee, the makers have to cook daal-chaawal-rotee only. 

Its not always the makers and channel at fault. They only follow what the TRP audience gives them as feedback in the form of numbers.

And at the end of the day, its BUSINESS.

So, please re-direct this anger where it should be going. 
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
True but i feel like more than the saas-bahu saga, Mohini is the key to PaRud's relationship. She's just a piece that will bring them closer or further that we have to watch to find out. 
DDC1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: rockystar22

Are you a guy?😉

No I am not!! 😛
--Naina- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Unfotunately CVs cant  make  everyone happy at the same time.. But for me this is the only show i am watching and thakfully different..😊
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: MoronsKiMallika

Why rage and rant at them? They tried their best for 7 weeks. If the TRP audience wants to eat daal-chaawal-rotee, the makers have to cook daal-chaawal-rotee only. 

Its not always the makers and channel at fault. They only follow what the TRP audience gives them as feedback in the form of numbers.

And at the end of the day, its BUSINESS.

So, please re-direct this anger where it should be going. 

See here's the problem, every creator of a new show initiates with a new concept never seen before, but the problem is that they are not motivated to stick with it throughout.
They are like scared, because if not accepted by aunties=low TRPS=chances of show being closed=the actors can get new shows but the whole other team members they have no guarantee of getting another show. 
There has to be show where they stick with the new concept throughout, no matter what the TRPS show to be, but than again if you have seen many other shows even if the saas-bahu saga is not the main concept, its definitely been glued here and there to make the show seem "normal"
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Relax, I believe this is part of the story and not TRPs!! It's been planned for a long time!! Obviously they can't afford to do outdoor scenes all the time!! They said they will do outdoor shooting when the story permits!! Right now they are showing, I'm sure the channel wanted them to add this element before airing the show!!

Shreya
Edited by spate22 - 10 years ago
MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _Littles12_

See here's the problem, every creator of a new show initiates with a new concept never seen before, but the problem is that they are not motivated to stick with it throughout.
They are like scared, because if not accepted by aunties=low TRPS=chances of show being closed=the actors can get new shows but the whole other team members they have no guarantee of getting another show. 
There has to be show where they stick with the new concept throughout, no matter what the TRPS show to be, but than again if you have seen many other shows even if the saas-bahu saga is not the main concept, its definitely been glued here and there to make the show seem "normal"

Unfortunately , this situation can never be achieved in TV unless you are making a show for charity. Numbers have to come in , by hook or crook because TRPs are money. 

The biggest drawback of Indian TV are its viewers. There is so much that TV wants to do, but for that our audience has to move beyond the kitchen. 
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago