Diya Aur Baati Hum

Info about NPA Training @Hyderabad

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

1948- 2014

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) is the Indian national institute for training of Indian Police Service (IPS) officers before they are sent to their respective state cadres to carry out their duties. The academy is in Hyderabad, India.

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy is the premier police training institution in the country.

(soure:Wikipedia)

Training

The National Police Academy (NPA) trains officers of the Indian Police Service, who have been selected through the All-India Civil Services Examination. The trained officers will be posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) or Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in their respective states under whom the other sub-ranks of police force will be working.

Foundation course : 15 weeks

Basic Training  : 46 weeks

Total Training : 104 weeks

Training includes three major Tests.

Test 1 - After 20 days.

Before Test 1, they do lot of field exercises like rock climbing, river rafting, bungee jumping, tactical march, visit to IMA and FRI

This is followed by mid term leave for 7 days.

After that they r taught Jungle survival skills etc usually in grps.

Test 2 follows

After Test 2, they go to  Central School for Weapons and Tactics, Indore under the BSF group wise for around 6 days

Test 3 follows

Then Annual Atheltic Meet, Aquatic meet

Followed by Passing out parade during which best candidates are awarded by none other than President of India.

Basic  training concludes with passing out parade. Then follows lot of other training..like cultural tour, CRPF attachment,army, CBI, IB, RAW, BPST,NSG, court visit etc . Followed by  practical training and culminating with a 4 weeks Phase II training.

Making of an IPS video

http://www.svpnpa.gov.in/trainingv.swf

(source: NPA website)

Basic Curriculum includes

1.       Morning PT

2.       Firing

3.       Athletic Meet

4.       Aquatic Meet

5.       Cycling

6.       Tonk Cup  ( Horse riding championship)

7.       Riot Drill

8.       Brain Storming

9.       Cross Country

10.   Moot Court

11.   Formal Dinner

12.   Rock Climbing

13.   Para Sailing

14.   Power Gliding

15.   Summer Camp

16.   Tug of War

17.   Bada Khana

18.   Investigation

19.   Public Speaking

20.   Zonal Cultural Event

Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Latest in News
A total of 148 trainees including 25 women trainee officers completed training at Sardar Vallabbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad on Tuesday.President Pranab Mukherjee reviewed the 65th RR passing out parade of the Indian Police Service officer trainees and Foreign Officer Trainees held at NPA as the Chief Guest.

Shalini Agnihotri of Himachal Pradesh , daughter of a bus conductor  passed out with flying colors winning the coveted Prime Minister's Baton and the Home Ministry's Revolver for being the best all round trained officer  of the  65th batch of IPS ( Pls note. it is not some tamga as shown in the show which can be carelessly hit by the training officers )

She also bagged the Vandana Malik Trophy for the best all-round female officer trainee, L B Sewa Trophy for the best female officer trainee in outdoor subjects, Alakh Sinha Trophy for investigation, G S Arya Trophy for best officer trainee in co-curricular activities and the Home Ministry's Trophy for best essay writing on 'communal harmony and national integration'. Agnihotri has been allotted her home state cadre.

Significantly, 22 out of 136 IPS officers were women while there was one lady trainee officer from each of the three foreign police services that underwent training. The IPS Association's Sword of Honour for the best outdoor officer trainee went to R Bhaaskaran who has been allotted the Andhra Pradesh cadre.

The president presented the honours to the officer trainees at a colourful function at SVPNPA. Academy Director Subhash Goswami said efforts were being made to make SVPNPA a global centre of excellence in police training.
Source; Firstpost

===========================================================================

Aruna Bahuguna Becomes First Woman Chief of SVP National Police Academy

The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, where Indian Police Service (IPS) officers are trained, has got its first woman chief in its 65-year-old history. The Union home ministry on Tuesday appointed Aruna Bahuguna, a 1979 batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, as NPA director.

She is also the first woman to be posted as an SDG in the three-lakh strong CRPF, which is the nodal agency for anti-Naxal operations. She retires in February 2017.

==============================================================================

EXOL thumbnail
Few NPA videos
===========================

Documentary on NPA
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdF64VdkmE0[/YOUTUBE]

Passing out Parade (LIVE telecast)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMT5w_sPEF8[/YOUTUBE]

TONK  CUP
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQPzXfHWbI[/YOUTUBE]
EXOL thumbnail
Images
==================

==========================

=========================

========================

========================

====================

========================

computer lab

========================

PT Ground

========================

Horse riding

Scuba Diving

===============================

Tactical Training

Rock Climbing

==============

=======================

================

=======================
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Excellent thread. ⭐️ Though I am familiar with most of the curriculum, it is a great effort you have made for the forum. Very informative and precise. Good job.👏
EXOL thumbnail
Originally posted by: UMDU

Excellent thread. ⭐️ Though I am familiar with most of the curriculum, it is a great effort you have made for the forum. Very informative and precise. Good job.👏

thanks. i was reading about it so thought to share ..btw do u mind telling how u  r familiar with the curriculum...??
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I come from a family of civil servants. One of my students is in the Academy at present. When ever I have a doubt I go back to him and he clarifies the point. Rules keep changing. So it is my student who keeps me updated. My family members are into the civil service but older and out of touch with present day rules as they passed out long time back.
EXOL thumbnail
Originally posted by: UMDU

I come from a family of civil servants. One of my students is in the Academy at present. When ever I have a doubt I go back to him and he clarifies the point. Rules keep changing. So it is my student who keeps me updated. My family members are into the civil service but older and out of touch with present day rules as they passed out long time back.

oh wow.. thats gr8..

.thanks for telling .
ayishas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thx for the informationg, photos n videos neil
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow 
neeill fantastic effort from you
very informative