Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Many people believe that Yuddhishtir made mistakes and he's DharmaRaj for name sake.They even raise that all the Pandavas including Kunti committed sins.So what makes them so special?

If they want to think this way they can!But they have to understand that,Pandavas and Kunti are special,very very special!Not for being emodiments of Devatas or so and so...but they are special for being Great Devotees.Their Bhakti made Krishna to remain always with them.Krishna cannot be tied with any relation or dealing.The only way to gain his mercy is through unfailing Devotion and they could modify themselves perfectly towards his service.What else is required!?This was sufficient for Krishna to show them the right path.😊

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Shivang...

aise "like" button press karke chale jane se nahi chalega. 😆

Please add your valuable thoughts too.

Lol  😆 Busy busy schedule sister. Anyway felt honoured to find my name in the middle of this thread from you out of nowhere. Sirf like button dabane ka ye asar. Jee baawaro ho gayo.😆 You made me laugh in fun and feel good simultaneously.

Actually Sema and you people are doing complete job for our dear Yudhishthir that I don't have to add anything here. What Sema is writing are also my thoughts so nothing to add like I had to do back then when Favourite Pandav poll was created (the link posted by Sema) and during my Orkut days in BRC MB community of Orkut. And look Sema has also helped me over here to add those views of mine by giving the link of that thread.👏

And I am so glad that Sema is successful in clearing the misconceptions in some people's mind in understanding Yudhishthir who was Krishna's devotee and who always intended and tried to be truthful and virtuous. It's so good to come here in this forum and in this thread even during such hectic schedule to find such appreciating thread for such heroic characters of our epic when everywhere else, time wasting, boring, irritating, crowd following, blind & sympathetic anti hero worship of characters like Karna so much so that people place him even above Krishna.😭 😲  🤢 It is so refreshing and soothing the eyes to read this sensible thread in the right direction of thoughts and also so many people taking positive and open minded interest in it and adding their devotional and knowledgeable thoughts too. No need to mention your name because I already know about your knowledge and devotion.

P.S. And yes my all thoughts ABOUT YUDHISHTHIR are on the 3rd page of that Favourite Pandav Poll thread (Including some parts of my Orkut posts) and not on the first page (On which I have voted for Bheemsen).
Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: varaali

Finally got the time to reply...

Was Yudhishthira really a Dharma Raja? 

To answer this we have to look at certain incidents and derive our own conclusions.

The first clue that we get to understand Yudhishthira's Dharma -palana is his Q & A session with the Yaksha beside the poisoned lake. 

At the very end, when the Yaksha asks why Yudhi wants only Nakula to be revived, Yudhishthira answers firmly  

"Dharma sheela sada raja iti maam manyava vidu" I want to be known as a king who always followed Dharma

So how do we know whether Yudhishthira actually followed Dharma or not ?  We get the answer from  Manu Smriti which says "Dharmo rakshati rakshitaha" He who protects Dharma is himself protected by Dharma.

At  the end of everything, it was Yudhishthira who emerged victorious- not Durodhana, Karna et all.The Dharma which Yudhishthira followed all his life ultimately protected him.  Dharmo rakshati rakshitaha. 

Just as Dharma protects those who protect it, the reverse is also true. Dharmo eva hato hanti. Dhamra kills those who kill it. This was true in case of Duryodhana. 

In fact, interestingly at the very end of the war, when Duryodhana was lying mortally wounded with his thighs smashed,  Duryodhana confesses

" Janami Dharmam na che me pravruttihi

Janami Adhamama na cha me nivruttihi 

I know Dharma, but cannot practice it. I know adharma, I cannot stop practicing it." 

In his updaesha to Yudhishthira, Bhishma says: 

"Niyato yatra Dharmo Vai, Tamshankha samachara" Where Dharma is clear, practice it without hesitation. 

Yudhishthira never hesitated, because to him, at every point, his dharma was clear to him.

...To be continued. I will add more details later, citing  examples from the Y- Y samvada.

Urmilla- Can you open the Y-Y samavada thread? 

Superb explanation! Couldn't have said it better myself. 👏

You are exactly right that Dharma protects those who practice it, so the very fact that the Pandavas came out victorious with God on their side is proof of their nature. Not only Lord Krishna, Lord Hanuman was also on their side, so how could anyone defeat Hari and Hara? It's unthinkable!
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

[

And I am so glad that Sema is successful in clearing the misconceptions in some people's mind in understanding Yudhishthir who was Krishna's devotee and who always intended and tried to be truthful and virtuous. It's so good to come here in this forum and in this thread even during such hectic schedule to find such appreciating thread for such heroic characters of our epic when everywhere else, time wasting, boring, irritating, crowd following, blind & sympathetic anti hero worship of characters like Karna so much so that people place him even above Krishna.😭 😲  🤢 It is so refreshing and soothing the eyes to read this sensible thread in the right direction of thoughts and also so many people taking positive and open minded interest in it and adding their devotional and knowledgeable thoughts too. No need to mention your name because I already know about your knowledge and devotion.

In fact I feel like asking the Karna supporters who feel so sad that Karna was brought up by  his adopted parents, he did not get the love of his "real" mother...he got adopted into a lower caste, hence his lie to Parashurama ...blah...blah...blah...

This is what I would like to ask the Karna fans "How is Karna's situation any different from that of Lord krishna's "?

Krishna too was brought up by adopted parents in a family of lower status; he too did not receive Kshatriya education till he was in his teens. But did he fret and frown and resorted to telling lies to his Guru? Instead, he made up for all the lost time by his talent, perseverence and hard work and emerged as the the greatest warrior in Aryavarta.

And as a token of gratitude he brought back his Guru's son from the Land of Yama. 

In what way was Krishna's background any different from Karna's? Yet we don't find anyone saying "Oh I feel so sorry for Krishna... he was brought up as a cowherd." 

He too was derided and called mockingly as a "cowherd" (by Shishupala),  as a Yadava (by Arjuna)...He too, was denied marriage to Rukmini by Rukmi- but he defeated Rukmi in a fair fight- not insult him publicly  at his weakest moment.

And this is what I find ironical : Karna tried his best to avoid the charioteering profession and become a battle worthy Kshatriya. Hence his desperate trip to Parashurama, from whence he came back only with two curses.

On the other hand, Krishna, the greatest kshatriya of his day willingly became a charioteer for Arjuna- and excelled even in that.

Can the contrasts be sharper? 

hermione8 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

In fact I feel like asking the Karna supporters who feel so sad that Karna was brought up by  his adopted parents, he did not get the love of his "real" mother...he got adopted into a lower caste, hence his lie to Parashurama ...blah...blah...blah...

This is what I would like to ask the Karna fans "How is Karna's situation any different from that of Lord krishna's "?

Krishna too was brought up by adopted parents in a family of lower status; he too did not receive Kshatriya education till he was in his teens. But did he fret and frown and resorted to telling lies to his Guru? Instead, he made up for all the lost time by his talent, perseverence and hard work and emerged as the the greatest warrior in Aryavarta.

And as a token of gratitude he brought back his Guru's son from the Land of Yama. 

In what way was Krishna's background any different from Karna's? Yet we don't find anyone saying "Oh I feel so sorry for Krishna... he was brought up as a cowherd." 

He too was derided and called mockingly as a "cowherd" (by Shishupala),  as a Yadava (by Arjuna)...He too, was denied marriage to Rukmini by Rukmi- but he defeated Rukmi in a fair fight- not insult him publicly  at his weakest moment.

And this is what I find ironical : Karna tried his best to avoid the charioteering profession and become a battle worthy Kshatriya. Hence his desperate trip to Parashurama, from whence he came back only with two curses.

On the other hand, Krishna, the greatest kshatriya of his day willingly became a charioteer for Arjuna- and excelled even in that.

Can the contrasts be sharper? 

@varaali... Good points..👏

Also, it is ironic that the great 'Daan veer' who was famous for giving, instigated his friend and urged him to take away the attire of one helpless, pleading, disputed 'slave' woman even before it could be decided whether she was really a slave, in order to satisfy his ego and take personal revenge. What happened to his magnanimous 'Daan' giving character then? This one act is enough to deprive him of all  of his 'punya'  which he might have accumulated due to his charities and paved way for his ignominious death.

Whereas the 'Maakhan chor' Krishna, the much maligned cowherd, who as a child, snatched away the clothes of gopis (only to advance them spiritually to reach Him), was the one who provided her with endless sarees when she appealed to Him. 

One tried to disrobe a woman publicly (an adharmic act unbecoming of a great warrior on a vulnerable woman) and the other foiled that disgusting attempt, thus establishing Dharma.

Krishna was a great pupil to his guru and brought back his children from Yama loka as Gurudakshina as you pointed out and  was Himself a great JagatGuru Geethacharya.

Karna was a pupil who lied to his guru for personal ambitions and got cursed because of his own misdeeds.

@TM and other members.. Excellent posts.. 😃

sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sometimes when I think of yudhishthira my heart cries for him...i feel he was the most victimised person in the epic...when he was a child his father had a gr8 expectation on him tht he will become the kings of king...frm childhood itself he was taught to be reaponsible to think and behave like a king...always take rajdharma the first option before anything else
..from childhood he had the burden of maintaining dharma...In an early age his father died...he became the head of the family..he was the father figure for his brothers...only person he relied upon is his mother...When he came to the kingdom,his father's kinhdom he came to know tht nobody their waited for thwm...he had 100 more brothers but all hated him.. He loved his family but nobody understood him...