Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mystique.Kishi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Okay, so people I wrote this one shot on PaRud for the first time. For my friends Kash and Anky who love RR. And Kash wanted to read something on them. And me being her personal genie, it was an obligation on my part. Now all my works come with a statutory warning of "read at your own risk.". More often than not, they are hopelessly bad and completely crappy. I write to kill time and beause I love my friends. So, here goes...

The desert stretched for miles, seemingly infinite. She remembered seeing it for the first time. A sea of sand threatening to overpower and repress any any unwanted presence. Anything that will disturb its tranquility in the least. She was lost then, helpless in the face of the subtle threat that the barren and inhospitable seemed to issue.

But now it was exhiliarating. The bleak scenario was welcoming all of a sudden. For she was going home. Finally, after an eternity of struggle she was running towards home. The sand blistered her feet but she did not register the pain. She will think of that later. Now, her thoughts were occupied by vivid memories.

"Jaa azad hai tu. Thaare nirdosh hone ka saboot mil gaya he manne. " the declaration was abrupt and swift. It may have seemed sudden to others. But she knew this was coming. Something had been up with him. Over the months, she had made peace with his uncaring ways. But, this was different. He had been withdrawn the past few days. He was rude to her, cruel at times. But never cold. He glared at her with anger but never had he avoided her eyes.

Paro waited for the happiness to engulf her. For the excitement to build in her. Her captor had just declared her free to go. But nothing happened. No, actually something did happen. Her chest was heavy all of a sudden and had tightened its grip on her insides. Her breath was harsh and her head was spinning. He had done it before once. Had set her free only to use her as bait. That is the reason of her melancholy, she rationalised with herself. Because he had not really set her free. He was just using her for his selfish ends. A part of her disagreed and said this was different. That he was really letting her go this time. But she ruthlessly suppressed that part and went on to pack her belongings with calculated precision. She left some of the heavy things behind. No use hauling them when she was coming back later.

She climbed the bike and held on to him like always. But he was not the same. His body was stiff and felt alien. He drove fast dodging traffic and dropping her at the bus stand in record time. She descended from the bike and was greeted with a rush of air as he drove off without turning back to look at her. No good byes. But of course farewells were not needed. He was after all coming back to take her.

She made herself comfortable on the seats at the bus stand. And contemplated on what to do when he comes back. She will utter expletives at him, call him names and accuse him of not keeping his word. She will not go easily. Then,he will gag her and drag her back kicking and screaming. Yes, this will happen. She counted the buses that stopped at the stand each heading to a different village. Five of the buses had been headed towards her home. She thought flittingly to board one of them and then discarded the idea. No use in increasing hassle. He will get worried if he does not find her here. She shook herself mentally. No, that was not the reason she was waiting. What was the reason again????

Yes, because she wanted to save her village. If he goes looking for her in her village, it will cause havoc.  Yeah, that was the reason. She needed to get her thoughts straight.

Five hours had passed and he had still not come. He was probably here .lying in the shadows waiting for her to meet somebody. She looked around hoping to catch sight of a mysterious figure. But the place was deserted with just two or three villagers loitering nearby.

The dread that she had previously restrained inside her let itself free. It swallowed her whole being. She had no idea what she dreaded. What was the cause of her fear? There were still two buses left that could carry her to her home. Two chances waiting for her to escape to her home.

Home. That word sounded strange, ill fitting somehow; associated with her aunt's house. She tried to think of things familiar to her back there. Things that provided solace and  warmth. And all she came up with was the face of a man. A man with rugged features, unruly hair and intense hazel eyes.

The face of the man who had threatened to slaughter her entire village. The same man who had risked his life to save the life of a small kid. An involuntary smile spread at her lips as she remembered the day. He had thrown himself in front of a jeep and pushed the little boy out of the way. Paro realised with a jolt that the man was incapable of hurting innocents. She had known this for a long time but had never acknowledged it before. Never admitted it to herself.

Because admitting his benevolence will deprive her of the last excuse. He will never massacre an entire village even if she escaped. Which meant she had been free for a long time. Misleading herself to believe he was inhuman excused her from facing the truth.

Reason came to her and she started moving involuntarily, her belongings abandoned. She continued walking till the desert was visible. And then she was running, her momentum gaining as she neared her destination. Her home. She finally found it, a cluster of tents standing proud in the middle of the desert. Battered and still battling the harsh climate. And then she was in front of his tent looking at him through the entrance. Sweating and flustered yet unnaturally cool. Tired yet animated. He was hunched over himself deep in thought. He suddenly spinned to look at her. Years of military experience had honed his skills of detecting presence. His face changed expressions from cold to incredulous to relief in a split second.

"Phir wapaas aa gayi tu.", his voice was hoarse, choked and there was an undertone of something she had never heard from him before. Happiness.

The desert had ended now. And there was no more blistering heat. She felt calm for the first time in months. She belonged in this desert. Whlist thousands others get lost, she found herself here.For this is where her desert ended. Beside him.

Throw all the tamatars and jootas you want. It is afterall your computer screen to do as you wish with...😛

Edited by luvarsha20 - 10 years ago
_SenbonZakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Kishi, My dear dear Kishi... Brace yourself. 

I LOVE YOU. Here, on this Proposal Day, I pronounce my love to you. My undying love, which will stay with you forever even if you don't accept it. 

Beautiful.

Ohh so beautiful. 

I am so surprised that you never joined IF earlier. I would have been a diligent reader then. 

Such intense emotions, in sooo few words. I cannot believe you wrote this for me. Well, not exclusively me, but then, my happiness knows no bounds. 

The desert. And her. And him. 

Aaah, the beauty of it all. 

The intense realization. 

And then the unrelenting need to go to him.

To go home. 

Aaah, amazing. 

I love you, Kishi. 
Edited by _SenbonZakura_ - 10 years ago
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
res!

unres-ed.

I'm throwing myself at you. Please take me.

I got nothing else to add for now. Except, I do...

I loved how you got into her headspace. How you unraveled her bit by bit. The whole journey from denial, to acknowledgement to acceptance was sooo gorgeous. I just, this is more than I could have ever asked for. And you gave it to me (to us) without asking? You're more than an genie KishMish.

Thank you sooo much for this. Sincerely, seriously.

This was soo deep yet soo simple. So gorgeous all and all. I love how you used the desert motif and just everything.

You're awesome jee. That is all.
Edited by Couch_Potato - 10 years ago
anki_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Okay, so am no gonna RES...!!
👏👏
umm, I want to give a lamba comment, as I always do..!! But honestly, am short of words here..!!
Not only because it was written beautifully and it had everything a reader looks for..! Also not only because I loved the heart-warming longingness of both of them portrayed with efficiency, and also not because this chotu-sa OS is making me giggle like an idiot...AM short of words because I am thinking about a LIST of demands am gonna display you soon...!!😊

Yes, another splendid job..! As Always..!!👏
with love😳

Mystique.Kishi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: _SenbonZakura_

Kishi, My dear dear Kishi... Brace yourself. 

I LOVE YOU. Here, on this Proposal Day, I pronounce my love to you. My undying love, which will stay with you forever even if you don't accept it. 

Beautiful.

Ohh so beautiful. 

I am so surprised that you never joined IF earlier. I would have been a diligent reader then. 

Such intense emotions, in sooo few words. I cannot believe you wrote this for me. Well, not exclusively me, but then, my happiness knows no bounds. 

The desert. And her. And him. 

Aaah, the beauty of it all. 

The intense realization. 

And then the unrelenting need to go to him.

To go home. 

Aaah, amazing. 

I love you, Kishi. 

Its proposal day today????? I LOVE YOU TOO...*screaming from tabletop. roof top is cold now*

Yes, I wrote this for you. And Kash. But also for you. And this is how Kishi got the girl everyone wants... It was not that good, re. I wrote it in an hour or so. It was written with the intention of killing desire to read PaRud...
Skyfall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Loved it!
Love your style of writing.
😃
bewakoofLadki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Omggg
U hav written sooo beautifully
wowww

fantasticc

pls plsss write more

loved it
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
That was amazing...👏..their entire story, feelings,emotions wrapped in a  few paragraphs...so beautiful!

Please write more!😳
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
So beautifully written ,, loved it,,
Do write more dear :)
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Bravo! Really nice!! 👏