Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SmileyStar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello beautiful people of this wonderful forum 🤗

This is something I just wrote while trying to fight off my writer's block 😕 It's not good and it's nothing creative but I just had to write something and this was the end result 😃

Happy Reading 😛

PaRud OS: His Unspoken Care

Something woke Rudra up in the middle of the night. He looked around groggily trying to figure out what it was when he realized it was Paro coughing. A feeling of concern gripped him for a moment that was quickly dismissed aside and he snapped, "I'm trying to sleep here!"

There was no reply from Paro but the coughing persisted. Annoyed, he propped himself on an elbow and looked down at her. She was curled up underneath the blankets as if she was cold and appeared to be sleeping, except a cough every now and then wracked her small body. Frowning, he rolled out of bed and went over to her, kneeling by her head. Hesitantly, he lowered his hand to her forehead and his eyes widened when he realized she was burning with a high fever.

He looked around worriedly. What was he supposed to do now? He watched with concern etched on his face as she hugged herself tighter in her sleep, trembling slightly. His eyes flitted to the cold, hard floor. She shouldn't be sleeping here. It would only make her fever worse.

He reached out to shake her awake gently. After a few tries, he realized it was no use. He pulled off the blankets and scooped her in his strong arms. It struck him once again how small and fragile she looked next to him; how perfectly she fitted in his arms. He could feel her shallow breathing against his neck that made the hair on his back of his neck stand up. Ignoring the emotions she roused in him, he made his way to the bed and gingerly lowered her on it. A warm feeling enveloped his heart unlike he had ever felt before when she refused to let go off his collar in her sleep. He gently pried her fingers off and tried to think what he should do.

He was still undecided when he heard her call out softly, "Water." She had woken up.

He gave her a quick look before pouring water in his glass and offering it to her. Seeing her struggling to get up, he placed his hand under her back to support her. As usual, she shrank away from his touch, mumbling, "I can get up on my own."

"Yes, I could see that." He said sarcastically, propping her up against his pillows and handing her the glass, watching intently as she drank deeply.

After she handed the glass back to him, her eyes focused on his bed and she turned to look at him with wide eyes. "How did I get here?"

"You flew in your sleep." Came the curt reply.

She ignored his sarcasm. "You-you brought me here?"

"Is it the fever or are you always this slow?" He snapped with his characteristic scowl in place.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Told you just now, you have a fever. Don't ask any more useless questions." He repeated roughly and took out a first-aid box from his drawer, rummaging through the medicines until he found the one he was looking for.

He glanced down at her from his tall height and asked, "Did you have dinner?"

"Didn't feel like it."

He felt like snapping at her but one look at her flushed face stopped him. She was burning with fever. Now was not a good time to argue with her. Grumbling inaudibly, he tossed the first-aid box on the bed and strode out of the room. A minute later, he was back with a plate of food.

"Eat." He ordered, placing the plate on her lap and stepping back.

"I told you, I don't feel like it."

"You can't take pills on an empty stomach."

"I don't need them. Neither do I need your help. I'm going back to my bed." She told him looking irritated. Placing the plate aside, she threw off his blanket and pushed herself to her feet, but a bit too quickly. Her head spun and she swayed as her vision blurred. Before she knew it, Rudra's gentle hands had wound protectively around her arms, steadying her.

"Are you okay?" There was no mistaking the concern in his eyes.

"How can I be okay? I'm stuck in this one room jail with you." She replied, trying to shrug his arms off her shoulder but he didn't let go. Instead applying pressure, he made her sit again on his bed.

"You can't even walk straight and you're telling me you don't need my help?" He asked incredulously. He held the plate in front of her again, "Eat. Now."

She simply turned her face away, not answering. Frustrated, Rudra grabbed her chin and made her look at him, saying flatly. "Listen, either you're going to eat yourself or I'm going to stuff it down your throat. Your choice."

"Why are you so worried about me?" She asked, her eyes flashing with annoyance.

"I'm not. Don't flatter yourself. I'm only doing this because if you die here, I'm going to be blamed. Now eat."

When she refused to move, he sighed, sitting down next to her and started feeding her himself. She tried to object to it but he was persistent. Once he was done, instead of offering her the tablets, he simply placed them in her mouth and handed her the glass of water. To his relief, she drank it without protesting.

As he got up, she began to follow her lead. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"To sleep on the floor."

"You can sleep here." He didn't want her sleeping on the cold floor.

Her appalled face made him ponder over his words and he added with a twinkle of amused laughter in his eyes, "I meant you can sleep here and I'll sleep on the floor."

"But why?"

"Because this is my room and I can sleep wherever I want. You can sleep next to me on the floor but I don't think you'll want that."

Her scandalized face almost made him smile as he strode to her sleeping place and lay down. His watchful hawk-like eyes were fixed on her face as she drifted off to sleep...

Rudra was a very light sleeper, once woken it became exceedingly difficult for him to fall back to sleep. As he was tossing and turning in his sleep, his eyes fell on Paro's face and he noticed she looked restless. A deep frown settled on her eyebrows and she shook her head a little from side to side as if physically trying to discard her thoughts. He knew immediately that she was having her nightmares.

Slowly, he went over to the bed and sat on the other end, watching her intently, mulling whether he should wake her up or not. His heart clenched when she whispered "Ma, Bapu sa" and then started getting more agitated in her sleep. Instinctively, he reached over to wake her up when she grabbed his hand and held on to it tight, pulling it near her face and resting her cheek on it, looking contented and at ease now.

Rudra sat as still as a statue watching her. The refined beauty of her face seemed to dissolve in an expression of child-like innocence as she slept with her soft cheek cradled upon his hand. Taking a deep breath, he pulled his legs on the bed and rested his head against the board, settling for the night.

It was quite late in the morning when the two woke up after a long spell of peaceful sleep.

Would love to read your thoughts on it 😉 Please pardon if this was fazool, I'm just trying to get back in my writing mood 😆

My other work on this forum: Fun OS: RPR Junior's Secret Diary :)

Love,

Fari ❤️

Edited by SmileyStar - 10 years ago
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Such a beautiful OS dear, loved it thoroughly..
Also loved ur work on PaRud junior's secret diary, that was damn cuter:)
Do write more sweetheart :)
Edited by NicklausBarbie - 10 years ago
sarita_barun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Great job.
It was beautiful.
This would be fun to see... 😃
SmileyStar thumbnail
Originally posted by: NicklausBarbie

Such a beautiful OS dear, loved it thoroughly..

Also loved ur work on PaRud junior's secret diary, that was damn cuter:)
Do write more sweetheart :)

Aww really?? Thanks 🤗 I'm grinning like an idiot here 😆

Oh I didn't think about continuing PaRud Junior's Secret Diary because I thought the response wasn't good enough 😕 But will definitely think about it now 😉
Skyfall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Aww I loved it 😊
SmileyStar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sarita_barun

Great job.
It was beautiful.
This would be fun to see... 😃

Thank you!! 😛

I just saw the new promo! So excited!! Rudra taking care of Paro is just SO sweet!! ❤️
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Loved it! Awesome!

Wen u said writer block, I remembered the song by nasri lol
SmileyStar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skyfall

Aww I loved it 😊

Thanks 😳
SmileyStar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaz1990

Loved it! Awesome!

Wen u said writer block, I remembered the song by nasri lol

Thanks! ❤️

Which song? And who's Nasri? 😆 Sorry for my ignorance!
Ended thumbnail
Can so see this happening!!! Very well captured of both Paro and Rudra's character. 
xxx