Television vs Books which is more useful?

Posted: 17 years ago

IS television/electronic media better than books/print media.. Or it is the other way round?

TV helps us to remain more intouch with the current news and situations..it is fastest..cheaper..connector..Television can give us loads of information on different topics...just switch on discovery channel and find the world unknown to u. like wild life...sea life.. animals .. humans .. history...etc.  gives us family binding and times together during a show

whereas Books can put us into wild imaginations and our thoughts and inputs... we are free for imagination...we can have specific info e.g. abt war strategies..or new technology ...

I know there are many book readers in DM😉.so which of the medium is more useful??

I think it depends on the information itself.

If I want to get some information in a limited amount of time or if I wanted to practically see something which is hard to visualize through words alone, I'd watch TV.

However, if I feel that I need more detail about something - especially a story, I prefer reading books.
i love reading but it depends on certain ppl. i wud rather read the newspaper than wotch the news on tv
[Quote=angeleyes141] i love reading but it depends on certain ppl. i wud rather read the newspaper than wotch the news on tv[/Quote]

Probably becoz some people prefer "Written" piece of material easy to remember as compared to "hearing" and "watching"...just a guess of left right brain types 😳 ...if i had to chose... i will go for Tv...it is easy for me to remember visuals
i just LOVE reading better than watching on TV, but for news i remember it better if i watch TV.
If the choice was between watching the Movie or reading the book .. I would go for reading the book .. because Movies dont do justice to the written word.

For things like News & Immediate information I would rather go to the TV .. because information is readily available.

But overall, I think Books are more useful 😊
Originally posted by crazy_heenz

4 me its books
yeah for me too but i like tivi also😃
Books I think. When your reading books, your brain is acutally working, where as alot of the time when watching tv, I just zone out..esp when is sumthing like the discovery channel(which honestly I have never watch). Like with books, even if your reading something not educational, your still learning since its a book. What do you get out of watching One Tree Hill. Well you get Lucus but dats a different story 😳
I think this is different for everyone and personally I prefer books...on the other hand, it depends on what type of information you're looking for or even if it's just a hobby, it depends on a person's personal likes and dislikes😊
Agree with T. Depends on the info.i prefer reading.