Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Madhuri dixit!! WHATS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT? - Page 3

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: koiza.k

oh really miss moral conduct preaching!

are you new here?

do you think if every one starts doing this here- there would be any discussions

how about you keep your butt off the discussions where your favorite is not being over praised? sounds more realistic to me!

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this stupid. ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Yaar whether she's good or bad is a debatable thing and each individual's choice but definitely MD ka overdose ho gaya hai TV and award shows mein..she needs to take a break.wonder what Mr.Nene does for a living?🤔
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MadhuriDixit

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this stupid. ðŸ˜Š

ofcourse you cant! leave it on some one who has some brains to think!

byee
-Mischievous- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Now I agree with the part that you said about Goddess>... I think all that is crap... I don't consider any of these actors any kind or type of gods or goddess's...
But I really don't think Box Office verdicts and Net Collection is always right... Dedh Ishqiya was a good film... Madhuri did her part justice...  Then do you mean to say that Vivek, Aftab, and Ritiesh are superstars because Grand Masti crossed 100crs and was a hit????... or an insulting and horrid film like Yaariyan was good because its a hit?????

These box office verdicts are sometimes pointless because at the end of the day, the difference between a good film or bad film isn't what amount of money they make or what the box office says about it... It's about the content and how the actors performed... I think Madhuri did her part justice, the film is critically acclaimed, and the content was decent too.. The actors all did well... Overall, even if the film didn't do that well, it was a pretty good film...
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I think this statement can be applicable to anyone.

Whats the fuss about Deepika? Or Katrina? Or Kajol, Rani, Aishwarya, Kareena?...

I personally don't like Madhuri, infact I love Sridevi so much more, but Madhuri certainly was a huge star in the 80-90's, and she is still heavily adored and popular. Her films may not be doing well, but people DO Like her and want to see her. I have to admit that.

A lot of people don't like Madhuri, such as myself and that's fine, but there is a fairly substancial figure of people who do like her and look upto and think shes one of the best actresses EVER.

I do believe that her time has come up though. I believe the fuel to retain stardom is constant image rebuilding, artistic exploration and always reinveting yourself. That's something Madhuri has failed to do, she's still stuck to that 'Im pretty and let me do my thumka with my 12 facial expressions. She has failed to give something new to the audience...and I find it appalling that shes always playing a prostitute but wheatehr we like or not, until today...she still comes up in Top 10 actresses...along with Kajol and Aishwarya. They haven't had any work in years but they're still very popular and loved by audiences.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 10 years ago
shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I think this statement can be applicable to anyone.

Whats the fuss about Deepika? Or Katrina? Or Kajol, Rani, Aishwarya, Kareena?...

I personally don't like Madhuri, infact I love Sridevi so much more, but Madhuri certainly was a huge star in the 80-90's, and she is still heavily adored and popular. Her films may not be doing well, but people DO Like her and want to see her. I have to admit that.

A lot of people don't like Madhuri, such as myself and that's fine, but there is a fairly substancial figure of people who do like her and look upto and think shes one of the best actresses EVER.

I do believe that her time has come up though. I believe the fuel to retain stardom is constant image rebuilding, artistic exploration and always reinveting yourself. That's something Madhuri has failed to do, she's still stuck to that 'Im pretty and let me do my thumka with my 12 facial expressions. She has failed to give something new to the audience...and I find it appalling that shes always playing a prostitute but wheatehr we like or not, until today...she still comes up in Top 10 actresses...along with Kajol and Aishwarya. They haven't had any work in years but they're still very popular and loved by audiences.

what's so appalling about her playing a prostitute? Its a character she's playing, she's an actress. Lol She's not always playing a prostitute. Correct me if I'm wrong but its only in Devdas and now Dedh Ishqiya that she's played this character. Besides Kareena's played it in Chameli and Talaash, ash in Umrao-Jaan, Tabu in Chandini Bar.
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
LOL.. so many people who hate Madhuri on JDJ 😆 ..
to the topic , Madhuri's popularity has gone down after she quit movies in the first place , it seems that people arent that much interested to watch her on big screen ... GG looks promising especially Juhi , i hope it works for her. Edited by D3_4life - 10 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: shorty123

what's so appalling about her playing a prostitute? Its a character she's playing, she's an actress. Lol She's not always playing a prostitute. Correct me if I'm wrong but its only in Devdas and now Dedh Ishqiya that she's played this character. Besides Kareena's played it in Chameli and Talaash, ash in Umrao-Jaan, Tabu in Chandini Bar.

I find it appalling, that's my opinion. Not beacause its a character she's playing, but just because it seems like after 2002, that's all shes been doing.

She was a prostitute in Devdas, DI and she was a prostitute for her item number in YJHD as well .
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It is true that Madhuri Dixit was once the Goddess in Indian cinema. She definitely is no longer a Goddess, but I wouldn't completely dismiss. Aaja Nachle was not the best of films. However, Dedh Isqiya received great reviews including accolades for her role. The movie was not promoted well enough and release was not well timed.

Also I think Madhuri's failures tend to reflect a lack of appreciation for female celebrities in India. Male superstars like SRK, Salman, Aamir, Saif work well past their shelf life and prance around like young heroes. Female stars though don't have this liberty. It is only recently audiences have started accepting women centric movies with commercial success. More women centric movies are being made. But for the older women who are past their prime as heroines the going is still tough. On the other hand look at Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Hellen Mirren who are beloved even in their silver years.

In another comparison Sandra Bullock, academy award nominee this year for Gravity is 49 years old. Almost 50 but she still had the pivotal role in Gravity and carried a movie. In Bollywood it would be a tough sell for a film entirely on a woman.  At the same time she still makes commercial films like The Heat. Madhuri is 46, but ever since she decided to make a comeback people have been writing her off as past prime.

shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I find it appalling, that's my opinion. Not beacause its a character she's playing, but just because it seems like after 2002, that's all shes been doing.

She was a prostitute in Devdas, DI and she was a prostitute for her item number in YJHD as well .

I know its your opinion, I was just curious to know why you held such an opinion because Madhuri has acted in well over 40 films and you come out with ' she always plays a postitute' when she's actually played that role twice. Yjhd was just an item song, a lot of the actresses who do item songs are presented as hookers. She's released 2 films post 2002 and in one she played a prostitute.