Madhuri dixit!! WHATS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT? - Page 9

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by cpatel90

To those, who are saying Juhi will overpower Madhuri in Gulaab Gang.

When Agneepath trailer came out, everyone talked more about Sanjay Dutt's look and acting than Hrithik's. In fact, many thought he had outshone everyone in the film.

But the film will always be remembered as Hrithik Roshan's film. Also Hrithik just can't play the negative role just because it is better as he is the hero.

Same for Prakash Raj, in most of his films, his villanous act comes out better than the hero's act. Particularly in Singham. So, does that mean Ajay should play the antagonist just because the role looks better. No, at the end of the day it's Ajay Devgn film and not of Prakash Raj.

Similar here, even though Juhi's role seems amazing Madhuri couldn't have done it as she is still THE HEROINE. And Gulaab Gang the Madhuri Dixit film.

Don't you think that's even worse? When you despite being the protagonist end up being over shadowed- same happened with madz in DTPH 
For me, Madhuri has always failed in multistarrers...In DTPH, I loved Karishma more...in Devdas, it was Aishwarya all the way...and even now I agree with everyone who said Juhi is stealing the show. The show has been stolen from Madhuri several times 😆 so im surely not surprised.

BTW Madhuri is the biggest female superstar in the histroy of Bollywood. Of course, her star power isn't the same anymore

But nothing takes away the fact that no actress before her or after her could achieve the similar stardom.
actually biggest superstar of bollywood are nargis n nutan not madhuri
Probabaly, its here only that Juhi is getting more attention. Juhi has been continuously working since years and no body ever cared for her in the last few years.(BTW I love Juhi) And now, when she is coming up with Madhuri, she is stealing the show. Really?

In any case, the bigger the villain, the bigger the hero.

As for Nutan and Nargis, they were great actresses. But I think the REAL superstars were Madhubala, Vaijyanthimala, Meena Kumari, Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi and Madhuri.

And there would be thousand mentions of Madhuri as the biggest female superstar.

The only actress with whom Madhuri's star power can be compared is Hema Malini.
Edited by cpatel90 - 10 years ago
See Madhuri is good and all, heck she used to be my favourite actress but she is overrated these days. Overrated doesn't mean that that person is not good. It just means they're overrated. Plenty of heroes are overrated too. Plenty are underrated.
I hope she does well in Gulaab Gang because I liked her in the movies where she actually showed powerful acting. 

Originally posted by Debarati7

Whats all the fuss around Madhuri Dixit?? I really hope I dont come across posts here where people say what was the fuss around Madhubala or Nutan or Meena Kumari..after all they never gave 200-300 crore movies like DP or Kat..

It is sad that it has come to this that now an actress like Madhuri Dixit will be judged based on her BO performance...Really these 100 cr clubs...200 crore club...has spoiled not only the quality of cinema but also changed the way people think...Before joining the BW forum...I never understood or cared about the BO figures...There are so many movies I thought were a HIT because I liked them...and then found over here that they flopped...Swades being one of them 😆 ...

For Madhuri Dixt or sridevi or Juhi ...I am not going to judge them by the shit called Box office...BO can go take a hike...These are ace actresses...they are brilliant and they deserve the praise and applause that they get...every little bit of it... ⭐️
Originally posted by MadhuriDixit

no one can force the khans or the new generation actors to care about her. when they show appreciation and love towards her it seems totally genuine to me. she is considered to be the most popular bollywood actress of all time by many people. we know ranbir loves her, ranveer wrote a rap about her on jdj, kareena said she used to dance to her songs infront of the mirror as a teen, sonakshi said after seeing aaja nachle she wanted to become an actress. when katrina was asked in an interview who she aspires to be like she said madhuri because of her screen presence and dancing. shahrukh deeply admires madhuri, there are many more examples. point being no one can force people to praise madhuri or anyone else. the fact is she has left a huge impact on many people with her movies, dancing, acting , whatever it may be

Shahrukh is a total Madhuri fanboy 😆 ...He just adores her...I remember him once saying that...watching MD dance is like sitting in heaven...even Salman adores her and I don't think Shahrukh or Salman fake it...they truly and genuinely adore her.. 😛
Originally posted by blue-ice

Shahrukh is a total Madhuri fanboy 😆 ...He just adores her...I remember him once saying that...watching MD dance is like sitting in heaven...even Salman adores her and I don't think Shahrukh or Salman fake it...they truly and genuinely adore her.. 😛

There's gotta be something abt Madhuri tht all these other actors who have huge fan following and r superstars r themselves self-confessed fans of Madhuri...whether the newer lot led by Ranbir, or her contemporaries like Salman nd SRK or even Dharmendra.

Most ppl can't comprehend Y whn these stars who come to promote their films on JDJ, behave star struck and drool all over Madz? It's coz she has had dat kind of an affect on ppl, whether be it MF Hussain or my own dad, who was never a film bluff nd didn't watch movies, but who was totally bowled over by Madhuri and we would all often go to watch HAHK in d theatre just for her.
Edited by khamosshhh - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

For me, Madhuri has always failed in multistarrers...In DTPH, I loved Karishma more...in Devdas, it was Aishwarya all the way...and even now I agree with everyone who said Juhi is stealing the show. The show has been stolen from Madhuri several times 😆 so im surely not surprised.

In DTPH Karisma's character was the lovable kind, but sorry acting wise she messed it up as she was too OTT. Whereas Madz' role was of a girl living in lala land. I too could relate more to Karisma's character, but again it's to the credit of Madz dat she played Pooja well, but she was a subdued character and hence ppl tend to praise Karisma, but it's more to do with the character dey portrayed.

Devdas was a totally loud movie, from the sets to everyone's acting and the only person who could be forgiven for being loud in playing her character was Madhuri. But amazimgly I found Madz was the only one who didn't go OTT nd played Chandramukhi with a lot of grace and restrain.😊
Edited by khamosshhh - 10 years ago

BTW Madhuri is the biggest female superstar in the histroy of Bollywood. Of course, her star power isn't the same anymore

But nothing takes away the fact that no actress before her or after her could achieve the similar stardom.

Nope Madhuri shares the biggest superstar title with Sridevi and Hema Malini.

Hema Malini was superstar of 70's
Sridevi was superstar of 80's in both BW and South
Madhuri was superstar of the 90's.