Rangrasiya

unwilling attraction

Rita.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I enjoyed the episode so much that I am trying to gather up the courage to write a post so be kind ! :) no brickbats, because I am not a good writer
I absolutely loved the episode because the episode, without words, established the repressed feelings that are coming to the fore for Rudra. He is drawn to this beautiful young bride who knows in his heart is innocent but he is not sure of that. He doubts all women and he is suspicious of everyone's motives so he suspects her 

So what does he do? A lot of people on the forum have talked with distaste and disbelief about his tryst with Laila as soon as he was injured. I think that team has done an awesome job - the writer in writing what is surely a very nuanced scene, the actor who has played it to perfection, the director, the cinematographer in capturing the mood and the desperation.

there was some thing sensual about the sensual sharing of water. Yes, I know it can be yucky for some people but I thought it was an incredibly intense way of personalising their attraction on prime tv with all its restrictions. And then the immediate almost desperate trip to Laila. 

Transference of feelings. He is attracted intensely to this stranger who may be an enemy and being a typical silent man he is unable to articulate his feelings. Someone like him with low EQ and enormous baggage can only express himself with action, physical activity and thus attraction, love, emotion can be expressed by sleeping with Laila who is practically a substitute for Paro.

This serial reminds me of old 70's Hindi movie with their rawness and their passion and the intense emotions.. Of course given the reality of Indian TV, I dont know how long this will last. Unfortunately the pressures of TRP, prime time TV, and family viewing habits means that the production house and the channel will always have to cater to the majority. Niche audiences who like a particular genre cannot be served as the economics dont work out, which is a pity because you never end up getting either a CSI, or a North South or even for that matter, a Buniyaad or a Idhar Udhar. Sooner or later, we will find Paro fighting over who will make the roti for dinner and what auntie in law will say to the daughter in law, which will be agony for those of us who wait for months for a serial that we love.

But till then, this is ecstasy. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guinea thumbnail
Nice post ...seeing you for the first time , welcome to the forum.
win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
lovely post. And you write very well!
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
You said it brilliantly! You jut took the sharing of glass to a whole new levelEdited by Jaz1990 - 10 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Very well written. I liked the points u have discussed.
Yes, TRP's will start dictating the show 😒, If Only the cv'z stick to the original story, characteristics of PaRud & weave the TRP business around it.
Till then let's enjoy this show. ...something Finally worth watching after a long time.
Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
beautifully written...and yes this is ecstasy...This show is a total package of high drama...and anyone will enjoy it...and the action scenes are just mind blowing...this is another part which will attract viewers 
CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful post..!!! ❤️

I agree this show reminds me of old classic movies with their raw touch <3 These two individuals i.e Rudra and Paro appear to be different from one another. But they are ACTUALLY two sides of same coin and bonded by a common thread and that is their HAUNTED past .. They unknowingly, unintentionally share their sorrows whenever they interact..!!

basically their relationship appears to be based on sharing of EVERYTHING..! Be it love, pain, hurt, sorrow, love and even water.. 😆 <3

About TRPs.. well we can enjoy the show till it lasts :D ..
Edited by CandYlicious_S - 10 years ago
spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Rita.C

Sooner or later, we will find Paro fighting over who will make the roti for dinner and what auntie in law will say to the daughter in law, which will be agony for those of us who wait for months for a serial that we love.

Let's hope it's later...much later. 
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written, and welcome to the forum! I hope it never comes down to Paro fighting over the belan with the Aunt-in-law. If I wanted to watch kitchen politics, I'd watch SP shows.
lovely and sensible post .
feel free to post don't hesitate .
RR is like a movie as u said all the characters are perfect👏.
Edited by rockstar29 - 10 years ago