Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 110

Posted: 10 years ago
^^^

thanks, indu...

that fall... no idea why... really. and agree if it's to indicate how wrong he was.. ugh.

but i decided chameli ka tel was that tell tale slip, it said love... as did his act of lying just to get her off the hook. both of course completely unaware why they are doing it.

that conflict between head and heart how terrific it was. you know i just felt the whole thing was a bit too ornate and anjali-ish... but yes, every time they showed the conflict it was uff. in fact in these times, the conflict is a full fledged civil war in him. he believes she loves another, she plays games, she is out to break his sis's marriage... yet...

in gh, there are moments that kill me, that night when he gets up, her words, her desires about a good husband, how she lied and the hurt in her voice that hurts him, and finally he switches of the ac...

thanks for liking that pehchaan thought... and the crossroads.

Originally posted by indi52

indu,

i so miss that asr... smart, sharp, concentrated, a man who ponders things but only in his mind, i so miss him. issues of right and wrong, how he wants to live, and the strange doubts about and thoughts of a woman... the broken voice in "yeh mujhe kya ho raha hai?" the inner, completely guileless voice of asr, in the rain, after hurting her, after meeting her and being terribly struck...

why did he stop that, i wonder. is it because everything shut down inside him when he saw her in shyam's arms?

in gh will return "kis mitti ki bani hai..." and then at the airport, why is it hurting me so much to leave khushi...

i loved kidnap, despite its ultimate meaninglessness. there was an intensity. and asr khushi to that time. and i am not too good with too much ott... so it was a relief and a return to things i watched ipk for.

i can quite understand your loving this scene. i wish i could.

and while sabi is possibly right, because i believe that that love started to assert itself despite his fear that she may not love him, in my head, he did this wanting to free her of guilt. and his sister seeing this, had to let him know that she knew why he lied, so that her bro and sis in law can come out of this strange phase in their relationship. and the same sister who knows when he's lying could not make out he was lying when the kheer incident happened... ah well.

Indi, that red that is the very reason why that phase was considered golden and the latter one not! How much I missed..nd how terribly I missed his monologues.. if there is ONE thing that separated this story for me from others it was his initial struggle with himself. Once we knew that is not coming back, the golden seems even more rhodium, platinum.  I think I saw that comment of yours about the golden phase.. but for me always felt that. pre and post marriage were poles apart.. the latter a pale shadow of its old golden predecessor.
But there were flashes of it during that wooing.. becos he wasn't all too smiling just yet. It is rather strange how a arrogant smart man makes more sense and is endearing than a malleable one who lost his thinking cap.
Kidnap was reverie for a couple of weeks just relieved to bid adieu to that testing OTT track may be but after a while even that started testing me. 
In this epi  perhaps I  tried to look into what is not there.. adat se majboor of the initial taut script. if this epi is watched just at the face value I guess it is indeed rather empty. But as I said loved to see introspection of this man and the mirror usage for that.
And thanks for reading the little I scribbled for this epi.
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

*All pictures credited to uploader and google images

Episode 229

All Night Long

She has waited all night long for him to come home so she can feed him dinner and then she too will eat.  Even Naniji has called him and told him Khushi is waiting for him before she eats.  Frustratingly he says that he has lots of work and Khushi should eat without him.  Naniji  tells him that it is out of affection that Khushi is waiting for him and he again tells her that he will be late with work and Khushi should eat.  Nani hangs up the phone aggravated at her grandson's attitude and tells Khushi it is okay for her to eat. But Khushi refuses she will wait for her husband.  The discussion at the dinner table ihad been about the new and improved "husband" Arnav.  The family members told Anjali that she had missed Arnav wearing Khushi's red shirt.  

He is a changed man.  

Hmmm, is he?

Khushi's idea has backfired.  He is not falling for any of it.  She says it is her stomach that cares and not him.  She pines for the flavor of the food, lifting the covers and smelling the wonderful aroma of the delicious food.  Maybe if she has just a little...

Yum...yum...yum.

By the time he comes home she has eaten all the food.  What the?

He comes in and he is tired, hungry and wants nothing to do with her drama. He looks all the food has been eaten. She says, as she burps guiltily, that she will make him fresh HOT food and she goes off to the kitchen. He says for her to wait he will order the food.  Aww, perhaps he is thinking no need to put her through all this trouble? And then he realizes no one will deliver at this hour. 

He is sitting waiting, feels a little funny, gets up and goes to change.  When he comes back to the table all freshened up and in his night wear his head starts to spin and he becomes foggy.  I am sure he is diaphoretic too.  Pouring himself a glass of water he calls for Khushi.

She brings out the fresh, hot food and says wait she must taste if it's perfect for him.  She wants to aggravate this man!

By the time she is ready to serve him he is out cold.

Hypoglycemia has taken over!

Khushi freaks out rubbing his hands and calling his name loud enough that the entire Raizada family comes to the rescue.

Mami goes into her drama Khushi is trying to kill Arnav.  Nani shushes her.

They sprinkle water on his face, he asks for his medicine.  Medicine?  Sometimes I dislike when the nurse comes out in me...give the man some sugar fast!!!  Thank the heavens Khushi remembered!  You take the medicine before the meal, when you are awake, and put something in your stomach.

They bring him to bed; it looks like his sister has fed him by hand.  Everyone leaves husband and wife; Khushi will take care of him, her guilt meter is way too high and she will stay up and watch him all night long!  Anjali tries to pacify her letting her know it wasn't her fault but Khushi's guilt has taken over.  She feels terrible.  She closes their door.

Arnav tries to get out of bed and Khushi runs to him.  She will get anything he wants.  She places her hand on his shoulder and the stubborn man slides it off.  

How much pain should this girl bear for you, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada?

They banter back and forth how he will sleep on the sofa; she refuses to let him by blackmailing him with telling Di.

Ahhh, the power of the almighty Di!  His heart is not dead.  She has got him there.  He obeys.

He leans back in the bed and tries to not let her help him but she insists the lioness is protecting her mate! He has to give in.  Oh, how I would love just a peek inside his mind right now.

So very vulnerable. 

So very tired.

So very tired of playing the game.

But he will never let her know...he will never be defeated!!!

All night long she paces back and forth.

All night long she watches over him.

All night long she does not give in to sleep making sure her husband is okay.

All night long her heartstrings have been plucked and pulled.

All night long she has wrung her hands with worry. 

She pulls over the sofa right next to his bedside and sits like his guardian angel, getting up if he moves, fixing his head position and his covers. 

He may need her at any moment.  So she sits on that sofa waiting with worry...sitting, sitting, watching, watching, until finally she nods off.

They both wake at the very same moment.  That happens to John and me.  He opens his eyes and I know.  It is a strong connection between husband and wife, soul mates.  

We just feel their essence.

He tries to move and she jumps up.  Just a minute she says.  She will get the water he wants.  He tells her a bit nastily he will get it, he doesn't need her help.  Deep down, Arnav you long for it!  She tells him not to drink lying down and sure enough he chokes.  Didn't she tell him to be careful?  She asks him to look up and places her hand under his chin and he looks up into the face of his angel and is lost for the longest Rabba Vey moment.

She finally realizes and abruptly lets go of his face while still in the moment and then gets off from leaning on the bed.  They are both in an uncomfortable, restless moment then and she asks if he would like some more water.  This seems to break the spell. She helps him to lay back down with some resistance from him but he finally gives in allowing his wife to take care of him.  

She covers him with his blanket and places his hands on his chest.

He goes back to sleep as she worries for him again all night long.

Morning has broken and his eyes open up to hazel eyes boring into him questioning if he is okay?  He startles and sits up like a rocket.  She fires a zillion questions about his health at him and if she can do anything for him.  He jumps out of bed maybe to get away from this pagal wife of his or is it that all this caring scares the living day lights out of him? As he gets up he slips on some oil on the floor and falls flat on his back. 

Khushi is aghast.

All night long she was worried and had taken great care of him 

but now...

That was an adorable take on he episode Cyn. I so enjoyed reading you after a long long time.😃 I hope you get the time to write regularly again. I loved the peeps into Cyn the nurse and Cyn the soulmate of her husband John. That was so very sweet and touching. ❤️And loved the edits.⭐️
After he fainted, Khushi felt guilty and her caring ways scared him. For the first time he realized that she was not pretending but was really concerned for her husband. And he too in his heart of hearts wanted her near him since he was not feeling well. She was his healer, his guardian angel. No wonder his heart gave in to her. Its really sad that the two want each other so much but were trapped in the net of hatred woven by them.
episode-212

under construction
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago

Episode 230

Merely a Drama

He gets up out of the bed and slips on oil on the floor and down he goes on his back.  She was worried about him all night and she rubbed oil in his hair.  He thinks she is crazy and his irritation with her grows.  She feels bad.

Anjali feels happy that Chotey has married a girl like Khushi, after all here she is in the kitchen, asleep standing up, from watching over him all night.  Her brother is lucky to have a wife like Khushi.  The girls give her some tea.  As she starts to drink her tea she realizes that Arnav needs some ginger tea.  She is off to make it. 

I am not wasting my time or yours on the Babli/Payash scene.

Anjali finds Arnav.  A sister who is worried for her brother but is so happy to know that his wife stays up all night to care for him.  He seems surprised but not really.  He thinks about all the times Khushi has helped him or worried for him.  How is it that this relationship has turned into this situation?  His love has turned to hate and anger but underlying deep down inside he still loves her. 

Maybe he still cares?

She brings him tea.  He thinks about his sister's words and knows that he must change the situation. He doesn't want her to think he is weakened and she can help him in any way.  He comes up with a scheme to make Khushi feel bad.  It was his entire trick.  An act.  He wasn't sick all along; it was all a fake act!  "Merely a drama."

Her tray almost falls but he is there to catch it and help her.  Oh Arnav, you are the worst actor when it comes to your feelings for Khushi.  Anjali is overseeing and hearing all this too.

But she was worried,

"Oh, so you were worried?"

It almost was a question if hope.

She says he was clever and he says no I was shrewd.  He couldn't let her win after all...

He is...

Arnav Singh Raizada.

Anjali knows exactly what he is doing.  He walks out of his room to find Di grabbing his hand and she takes him to her room.  She shows him their childhood picture in the frame with the glass that had been cracked.  He said it was always that way.  So what?  She says she has learned to catch her brother's lies. She had broken the frame but he told her he did it so she wouldn't get upset.  He did the same to Khushi.  He doesn't like to see his family member distressed in anyway; hurt in any way.  That is why he said what he did to her. 

That's why Anjali knows how much he cares for Khushi.

He looks deeply in the mirror at himself and he thought it was merely a drama?

Khushi is crazed, the nerve of him and she wasn't going to eat today because she thought it was her fault as she takes a bite.  That's it she will show him...

Wait a minute, wait a minute,

She realizes he wants her to fight with him.  Oh no, he will not have his way.  She will show him.  She will continue the role of the loyal wife and kill him with kindness, Swami...

Let the drama really begin.

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
Lovely take 230 Cynthia. Apt gist in seemingly simple words. Perfect last line.. Indeed the drama will begin NOW.. After all she is the drama queen. 
Originally posted by Horizon

Lovely take 230 Cynthia. Apt gist in seemingly simple words. Perfect last line.. Indeed the drama will begin NOW.. After all she is the drama queen.

That's our Khushi Drama Queen all the way!
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Episode 230

Merely a Drama

He gets up out of the bed and slips on oil on the floor and down he goes on his back.  She was worried about him all night and she rubbed oil in his hair.  He thinks she is crazy and his irritation with her grows.  She feels bad.

Anjali feels happy that Chotey has married a girl like Khushi, after all here she is in the kitchen, asleep standing up, from watching over him all night.  Her brother is lucky to have a wife like Khushi.  The girls give her some tea.  As she starts to drink her tea she realizes that Arnav needs some ginger tea.  She is off to make it. 

I am not wasting my time or yours on the Babli/Payash scene. 👏 👏😳

Anjali finds Arnav.  A sister who is worried for her brother but is so happy to know that his wife stays up all night to care for him.  He seems surprised but not really.  He thinks about all the times Khushi has helped him or worried for him.  How is it that this relationship has turned into this situation?  His love has turned to hate and anger but underlying deep down inside he still loves her. 

Maybe he still cares?

She brings him tea.  He thinks about his sister's words and knows that he must change the situation. He doesn't want her to think he is weakened and she can help him in any way.  He comes up with a scheme to make Khushi feel bad.  It was his entire trick.  An act.  He wasn't sick all along; it was all a fake act!  "Merely a drama."

Her tray almost falls but he is there to catch it and help her.  Oh Arnav, you are the worst actor when it comes to your feelings for Khushi.  Anjali is overseeing and hearing all this too.

But she was worried,

"Oh, so you were worried?"

It almost was a question if hope.

She says he was clever and he says no I was shrewd.  He couldn't let her win after all...

He is...

Arnav Singh Raizada.

Anjali knows exactly what he is doing.  He walks out of his room to find Di grabbing his hand and she takes him to her room.  She shows him their childhood picture in the frame with the glass that had been cracked.  He said it was always that way.  So what?  She says she has learned to catch her brother's lies. She had broken the frame but he told her he did it so she wouldn't get upset.  He did the same to Khushi.  He doesn't like to see his family member distressed in anyway; hurt in any way.  That is why he said what he did to her. 

That's why Anjali knows how much he cares for Khushi.

He looks deeply in the mirror at himself and he thought it was merely a drama?

Khushi is crazed, the nerve of him and she wasn't going to eat today because she thought it was her fault as she takes a bite.  That's it she will show him...

Wait a minute, wait a minute,

She realizes he wants her to fight with him.  Oh no, he will not have his way.  She will show him.  She will continue the role of the loyal wife and kill him with kindness, Swami...

Let the drama really begin.

lovely take, cynthia. good to see your blue and pithy sharp sussing of the situation. this episode was not one of my favourites. i find this cutesy stuff hard to handle... give me push pull tug drag and a soft whispered "bas karni hai" asr any day. asr plays games differently, at least my sweet one does. but now the full drama is beginning teehee.. 
Posted: 9 years ago
Keeping this thread from becoming dormant. Just in case it's needed. 😊